IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

On 27/11/2019 at 02:46, phantom said:

The thing that gets me, is there is talk about this test series not counting towards this new league format so it doesn't matter if we don't win or not and that we can experiment whilst out there

Try telling that to all those people who have spent a fortune following the team out in NZ

Glad I delayed my trip by a couple of weeks & missed the cricket & luckily none of the locals seem to of noticed enough to take the piss?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Depends on the wicket. If they think it’s suited for pace then spinners get left out.

Thing is Root under bowls himself and Denly isn't good enough as a frontline spinner, if the seamers get no joy even if the pitch suits them then you need that alternative, Bess is hardly bad with the bat either

I can’t figure out the selection what with the batting issues we’ve now had for the last few years. I thought the plan was to introduce 2 or 3 young up and coming players such as Sibley, Crawley and Pope in readiness for the next Ashes. Yet we’ve still gone and (apart from Sibley) picked the same batsmen that have tried and failed. Baffling.