IGNORED

The new training kit (Merged again)

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Nice they have words of encouragement from Pep on the wall behind them.

Any of the creatives on here able to make some alternatives with more words of wisdom from people for don't work for City?

here's some motivational words for Guardiola: 

54 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I love the way you have to pay a fiver more not to have that childlike scrawl on the front of your shirt.

Reminds me of that football competition where second prize was two tickets to watch the sags while the first prize was just one ticket.

And even if you do shell out the extra fiver to dodge that horrendous font you are left with the badge in a terrible position floating too high for no good reason.  I might have bought one without the text but for that - I'm with every poster on this thread who is bemused and confounded as to how this design got approved. 

11 hours ago, Die Hard Red said:

And even if you do shell out the extra fiver to dodge that horrendous font you are left with the badge in a terrible position floating too high for no good reason.  I might have bought one without the text but for that - I'm with every poster on this thread who is bemused and confounded as to how this design got approved. 

Think it must be related to the scrawl. Where the child has added 'Bristol City' on the shirt to the left, the badges and logo have been moved up to accommodate the 'lettering'.

Clearly, in the production process someone said that scrawl looks utter shite and removed it from the second offering. Problem was as this was being done at a playschool event, the person forgot to move the logo and badge down, even though the 'lettering' had been removed. 

Hear the Club are already trying to book shipping containers to send surplus stock to Africa next Summer.

On 30/06/2017 at 11:43, Bristol Rob said:

Nice they have words of encouragement from Pep on the wall behind them.

Any of the creatives on here able to make some alternatives with more words of wisdom from people for don't work for City?

Now when it comes to motivation, I always think we should get this bloke in ..... (warning: the following videos are not suitable for kids, women or just about anyone else really)

My estimation of Colin went up after seeing this.  A bit old school but still ..........

Carlsberg don't do bollockings......

1 hour ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Now when it comes to motivation, I always think we should get this bloke in ..... (warning: the following videos are not suitable for kids, women or just about anyone else really)

My estimation of Colin went up after seeing this.  A bit old school but still ..........

Carlsberg don't do bollockings......

Gotta love Sitts!

*brings dinner*

The whole training/leisure range is abysmal. Either you can buy something with that awful text on the front or you have a choice of those bloody hashtags. I'd have probably bought a polo or a jacket to show my colours at games but I'm not touching it with a barge pole this season.  Frankly I would be embarrassed as a 34 year old man to wear any of it. That money could have gone to the club but instead it's now going to the high street.

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If you haven't seen it, 'Orient  - Club for a Fiver' was/is on YouTube in full.

He published his biography a few months ago and it's a good read. To be fair he was portrayed very badly when at the time he was a young and actually quite progressive coach, but he lost it in circumstances where the club was a circus anyway. As a result of those clips he was blackballed from the game. He's now a London cabbie. He has lots of interesting things to say about current football on Twitter, although he tweets and retweets literally every 5 seconds and most of it is just about traffic in London or his fares.

So @AdamB I see you have released the training gear today. A few questions....

1. How does such a blatantly terrible design make it onto the shelves?

2. When fan feedback is so obviously terrible, why not have a rethink before releasing a design that is clearly not going to sell well - surely the whole point of the exercise from a commercial point of view at least?

3. In anticipation to the answer to the second question, why not canvass fan opinion before committing to a large order that might actually end up costing the club money?

4. Will the club at least acknowledge the poor feedback and endeavour to ensure something more sensible is released in future?

5. Do fan opinions actually matter when it comes to merchandise that you expect and want fans to buy?

I realise this might be somewhat of an overreaction to a training kit, but it does seem to be symptomatic of some horrendously amateur decision making from the club - a broader issue perhaps.

Look forward to your answers.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

2. When fan feedback is so obviously terrible, why not have a rethink before releasing a design that is clearly not going to sell well - surely the whole point of the exercise from a commercial point of view at least?

3. In anticipation to the answer to the second question, why not canvass fan opinion before committing to a large order that might actually end up costing the club money?

4. Will the club at least acknowledge the poor feedback and endeavour to ensure something more sensible is released in future?

5. Do fan opinions actually matter when it comes to merchandise that you expect and want fans to buy?

I realise this might be somewhat of an overreaction to a training kit, but it does seem to be symptomatic of some horrendously amateur decision making from the club - a broader issue perhaps.

@ChippenhamRed without quoting your reply (which somehow I managed to do anyway!)

I'd wager a wall of silence until they have to finally admit that the stuff they produced didn't sell that well.

Some people will drop forty sheets on a t shirt that looks gash because it helps the club, others will question the merit of the purchase.

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

@ChippenhamRed without quoting your reply (which somehow I managed to do anyway!)

I'd wager a wall of silence until they have to finally admit that the stuff they produced didn't sell that well.

Some people will drop forty sheets on a t shirt that looks gash because it helps the club, others will question the merit of the purchase.

Have we ever had the club announce how many shirts have been sold? I'd doubt we'll ever know other than any anecdotal evidence from shop staff etc - until every kid in Botswana has one next summer. 

48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/training-wear-now-on-sale/

Well that changes everything!

Love it now. Previously I thought it looked dreadful, but thanks to our urban heritage being celebrated, clearly it's now a must buy item......

I wonder if Korey kept a straight face answering?

I'd argue all the research done for this must have been looking up work created by Banksy's useless twin brother, Wanksy

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I wouldn't drop £40 on a t-shirt, if my life depended it on it!

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Have we ever had the club announce how many shirts have been sold? I'd doubt we'll ever know other than any anecdotal evidence from shop staff etc - until every kid in Botswana has one next summer. 

We don't need the club to tell us how many have been sold, just look around the place on a match day and see how many are being worn. Go into the shop and see what's selling and what's being left on the shelves. I have no retail experience but I know they will be left with tons if this, or have they done the clever thing and not ordered much stock? I thought they were expanding the shop, they won't need to now as nobody will be wanting to go in there!

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 21:09, Olé said:

He published his biography a few months ago and it's a good read. To be fair he was portrayed very badly when at the time he was a young and actually quite progressive coach, but he lost it in circumstances where the club was a circus anyway. As a result of those clips he was blackballed from the game. He's now a London cabbie. He has lots of interesting things to say about current football on Twitter, although he tweets and retweets literally every 5 seconds and most of it is just about traffic in London or his fares.

Forget about that your an interesting chap selling clobber to many a Bristol City fan.

When you run that professional eye across the pictures what do they tell you about those training tops?

My good eye tuned to "bullshit detector" is telling me BS have two bad ones.

14 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

@AdamB

6. With this training top recognising Bristol’s internationally-renowned urban heritage and Upfest Europe’s largest street art and graffiti festival coming to Ashton Gate at the end of July.

Will artists again at Ashton Gate be painting lots of diamonds on walls depicting only the Lord knew what and the wrong formation date for the FC?

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

I can't believe someone within the club wrote such bullshit !!

The design has nothing to do with Banksy - he'd piss himself if he read that !!

Screenshot_20170703-183020.png

It is very similar to be fair......

Image result for banksy font

DDj0-bcXYAECsdL.jpg

See, spitting image. 

16 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

It is very similar to be fair......

Image result for banksy font

DDj0-bcXYAECsdL.jpg

See, spitting image. 

You have to look deeper.

Feel the significance.

The letters.

Its a code.

That B.

Bristol starts with a B.

Then the S.

Yes there is an S.

Shit its uncanny.

And the Y?

Lordy yes, YES, YESSSSS we have a Y in City.

Inspired.  

Archived