IGNORED

The new training kit (Merged again)

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

In 3 pages of views and opinions on the new training gear, I don't think there has been a single positive comment.

Is that a first? OTIB in universal agreement on something.

It makes it all the more remarkable that this has been passed by the club. I can't get my head around how something can be so universally unpopular and blatantly terrible, yet someone at the club who is actually paid to make these decisions has gone "yep, that's good" and pushed the button on an order. Amateur beyond belief.

39 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Who decided to use Paint 2004 to draw on the tops then? One of the most hideous things I have ever seen! 

33 minutes ago, Bristol_Badger said:

It's got to be some sort of joke? 

Takes away focus from the fact that BS are gradually introducing the rugby colours...:whistle:

36 minutes ago, Fishponds_Red said:

It is comic sans isn't it?  I don't mind the dark blue but would prefer red, white and black like last year, but the font is absolute litter.  Looks like a 4yo won a competition to design the training kit. 

It's not but it's similar.  To think somebody got paid for doing that and a bunch of other people got paid for not telling them they're a tit.

On 6/29/2017 at 07:10, Bristol Rob said:

In 3 pages of views and opinions on the new training gear, I don't think there has been a single positive comment.

Is that a first? OTIB in universal agreement on something.

Isn't it nice when we all just get along?

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

@AdamB Any idea if the training kit will be available in an adult 'fit' without the pre school font on it?

Reading the comments a lot of people seem to like the style and colour of the training top, except for one very big detail.

Perhaps he could talk us through the club's approval process for new merchandise at the same time. Presumably Ray Charles selects the designs and Stevie Wonder has final sign-off.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

@AdamB Any idea if the training kit will be available in an adult 'fit' without the pre school font on it?

Reading the comments a lot of people seem to like the style and colour of the training top, except for one very big detail.

The badge also looks like it's trying to get away from the font by creeping slowly over the shoulder.

In days gone by, I think people opted for the training top or polo shirt as a cheaper option to buying that seasons shirt. I have certainly done that.

Maybe this is a new club marketing theory? Make the cheaper merchandise so god awful your only option is the more expensive shirt. 

(Or not to buy anything..... woops)

• Admin
1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

In days gone by, I think people opted for the training top or polo shirt as a cheaper option to buying that seasons shirt. I have certainly done that.

Maybe this is a new club marketing theory? Make the cheaper merchandise so god awful your only option is the more expensive shirt. 

(Or not to buy anything..... woops)

In the past I would always buy a polo shirt - purely because they look smarter. But this season is a 100% no!

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Just noticed that you can purchase without the horrible font

Purchase back on !

Though still think the badge is in the wrong place

Capture.PNG

I still genuinely can't believe that's the actual training top and a 'professional' got paid to 'design' it. It literally looks like someone wrote 'Bristol City' over the top of an actual shirt using MS Paint. 

Maybe they thought they'd try and flog them to the tourists by getting the Beast Clothing guys to design it. 

photo_brizzle_statue_liberty_CROPPED_1024x1024.jpg.a4849db71b0a56934de0b58c1c4968a1.jpg

And the badge on the shoulder looks even worse on the one without the writing.  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Just noticed that you can purchase without the horrible font

Purchase back on !

Though still think the badge is in the wrong place

Capture.PNG

It still manages to look shit when exchanging the text for a collar. 

Archived