IGNORED

Hillsborough

Bristol Rob

They are:

:: David Duckenfield, who was the match commander for South Yorkshire Police on the day of the disaster

:: Norman Bettison, a former officer with South Yorkshire Police

:: Graham Henry Mackrell, who was Sheffield Wednesday Football Club's company secretary and safety officer at the time of the disaster

:: Peter Metcalf, a solicitor who acted for the South Yorkshire Police

:: Former chief superintendent Donald Denton of South Yorkshire Police

:: Former detective chief inspector Alan Foster of South Yorkshire Police

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I was about to start a thread on this- but you beat me to the punch!

Two key ones- the most key one, Duckenfield. Bettison seemed quite prominent with regards it, he's been charged also.

Hopefully this won't be trial by media and that the families of those who died are given proper closure as a result of a hearing in court.

1 minute ago, Super said:

FA have got away with it as well, there were issues with that ground the previous year.

Guessing that the FA or the paymasters and decision makers therein are just on the right side of being charged with criminal activity.

I don't imagine by the end of the trial anyone will come away from this looking good, with the exception of Justice for the 96 who kept up their fight.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Super said:

They are:

:: David Duckenfield, who was the match commander for South Yorkshire Police on the day of the disaster

:: Norman Bettison, a former officer with South Yorkshire Police

:: Graham Henry Mackrell, who was Sheffield Wednesday Football Club's company secretary and safety officer at the time of the disaster

:: Peter Metcalf, a solicitor who acted for the South Yorkshire Police

:: Former chief superintendent Donald Denton of South Yorkshire Police

:: Former detective chief inspector Alan Foster of South Yorkshire Police

Would be delighted to see all of these do time for the crimes they committed

Great news.

Live court case so all the rules that apply to that, sensible posts so far.

It's ridiculous that it's taken so long; I do however have the tiniest bead of sympathy for those six for having this pretty inevitable outcome hanging over them for nearly thirty years.  Murderers get out in less than twenty.

• Admin
53 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I do however have the tiniest bead of sympathy for those six for having this pretty inevitable outcome hanging over them for nearly thirty years.  Murderers get out in less than twenty.

Sadly if they hadn't have done anything wrong in the first place they wouldn't have had to worry

21 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Shame they can't dig her up and change Thatcher and her cronies at the time.

Absolutely. 

Imo she knew everything and was complicit in not only the cover up but also the relentless pursuit of self preservation in the face of truth and justice and at the expense of 96 lives and the lives of the all the families involved.

It is only a niaivity of the highest order that could believe different.

Still, opinions don't matter, only the truth and thankfully no one can hide now and justice is fast coming.

Good.

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Great news.

It's ridiculous that it's taken so long; I do however have the tiniest bead of sympathy for those six for having this pretty inevitable outcome hanging over them for nearly thirty years.  Murderers get out in less than twenty.

Do you think they would have Preferred a prison sentence? I don't.

Nearly 30 years of freedom while the victims have no justice. Not looking for an argument with you at all but what about other (alleged) murderers who haven't been found / convicted?

Although Innocent until proved guilty, of course.

7 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Great news.

Watch some of the charged get very frail and ill between now and any trial 

Don't be surprised if some of these go 'missing' now they've been charged.......I hope they have sleepless nights thinking about the fact the net is now closing in on them. Well overdue.  They've had a life since the tragic events, something denied to the victims, now a chance for justice to be properly served and some payback for the dignified manner with which the campaign for the 96 has been carried.

#justiceforthe96

Archived