IGNORED

A new journalistic low for the Bristol Evening Post

Wolf Island

Rubbish isn't it. I see they've got another dreadful filler story about other 'famous' Bristol City strikers Diedhiou will join in to wearing the number 9.. including the likes of loanee Matt Smith.

They've also, bizarrely, got another story about where Steve Cotterill ranks in the betting for the next Preston manager.

Really is appalling, they'd be better off printing nothing at all about us than garbage filler like that.

I had the same thought when I saw that. It's like teenagers are running the news there now. 

Also there's a story on how to pronounce his name! It's a harshly cut off phonecall with French media and is just poor and completely amateur.

If they wanted to focus on the pronunciation they could have at least used a video where they ask him directly and it's not the primary focus of the entire interview. 

I expect this is a topic that will return several times as the season starts.

As previously said it now resembles a badly edited poor teenage fanzine, "written" by people who seem to know absolutely nothing about football.

I rarely bother to look at the Evening  Post as it takes an age to load due to pop-ups and adverts.

If this is the level of reporting then I definitely won't again. 

Maybe I just need to be a spotty teenager to understand what the article is about .

Bring back Peter Godsiff..

26 minutes ago, Nongazeuse said:

I rarely bother to look at the Evening  Post as it takes an age to load due to pop-ups and adverts.

If this is the level of reporting then I definitely won't again. 

Maybe I just need to be a spotty teenager to understand what the article is about .

Bring back Peter Godsiff..

Do you set your browser to block pop ups? I would recommend Ghostery and uBlock Origin as additional plug ins too.

Sadly I know of no plug in that will filter out the cr*p content on the Post website though. Let's face it there wouldn't be much left anyway. :whistle:

It's all about Bristol247 nowadays, at least for the younger readers. 

Perhaps it's worth giving them a nudge to see if they'll take on Stockhausen and bolster their football reporting? I've always felt that some journalists are only as good as who they represent, so maybe a new setting will bring us some good reports.

1 hour ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Can people highlighting the shocking work of The Post, please put details or a screen shot, rather than a link. That just encourages hits on their website and probably makes them think it's a good piece! 

To copy the kind of shite they call news these days

Five things we've learned this week about the Bristol Post

Most articles are copied directly from social media

Most articles aren't even related to Bristol 

It's clickbait of the worst kind 

Full of shit adverts 

They have to GIVE IT AWAY to get people to read it 

But at least it's NOT The Sun  

14 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

To copy the kind of shite they call news these days

Five things we've learned this week about the Bristol Post

Most articles are copied directly from social media

Most articles aren't even related to Bristol 

It's clickbait of the worst kind 

Full of shit adverts 

They have to GIVE IT AWAY to get people to read it 

But at least it's NOT The Sun  

The Post has no Sports Editor either and that's the main reason it's sports coverage has deteriorated even further.

Just now, Super said:

Even that Tristan guy who comes on here puts his name to complete rubbish articles. Whole thing needs shutting down.

How about you go and write for them? And while you're at it you can teach their news editor how to throw a curveball properly and you can redesign their logo and showcase a new travel supplement and a cookery feature. I'm no fan of the post. The news editor always pitches a low straight ball, would it be so much to ask for the occasional curveball? Like I said you could do a better job than the lot of them put together mate

Archived