IGNORED

Tim Shires sacked?

BRISTOL86

13 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Shame on whoever made this decision. I suspect I know who had a hand in it. Disgraceful way to treat an employee of nearly a decade. :ranting:

Maybe if enough of us voice our opinion on this they might change their minds. 

Who had a hand in it?

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't think there is enough of Adam to stretch him into another roll at the club

He already has been doing a small bit of announcing with the first reading of the teams just after 2pm. Just hasn't got the voice for it imho. I think @cynic summed it up - he's much less clear than anybody else on the PA system.

What I will say is that I hope we don't go down the route of numerous other stadiums I've been to where music is often the only source of atmosphere. Don't get me wrong I like songs at halftime and before the game but when they're blasted at you in order to get you up for the match it's a bit annoying.

Same with songs that teams run out to, when massive attack got asked to write us a song for the team to run out to they refused and said we should run out to the noise of the crowd. 

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

He already has been doing a small bit of announcing with the first reading of the teams just after 2pm. Just hasn't got the voice for it imho. I think @cynic summed it up - he's much less clear than anybody else on the PA system.

some people are suited to public speaking some aren't, no disrespect to Beanhead but he isn't

Just now, Dave L said:

That's a real shame, and a very puzzling decision. I always enjoyed working with Tim and felt he had  a great fan's perspective of what's required on a matchday.

You were always good on the Mic dave,

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can anyone shed a bit more light on this without naming names? If it is who I think it is, thought she came across reasonably well - ok, a little bit too polished for a football club - but was never aware of any of this being alluded to. 

DM appreciated if needs be.

I assume everyone is talking about Lisa Knights.  Like most "professional" media types she comes across as someone who is faking interest in the subject matter and has no real connection with the club.

So will we end up with another ex-sky crony now?  Or some corporate bullshit like Septic Peg suggested.  Bristol Sport seem to go out of their way to piss football fans off, I expect most would rather have someone down to earth with their heart in it.

32 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Shame on whoever made this decision. I suspect I know who had a hand in it. Disgraceful way to treat an employee of nearly a decade. :ranting:

Maybe if enough of us voice our opinion on this they might change their minds. 

Emergency cobra meeting about Tim I think . This is a disgrace 

Such a wrong decision, I don't even know @Tim S personally but I am bewildered and outraged at the same time how the club can get it so wrong, again and again. Without question Downsey should be getting the push, he is absolutely shite and an embarrassment to the club. All we need is him to rock up in a god awful training top and I'm done.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Such a wrong decision, I don't even know @Tim S personally but I am bewildered and outraged at the same time how the club can get it so wrong, again and again. Without question Downsey should be getting the push, he is absolutely shite and an embarrassment to the club. All we need is him to rock up in a god awful training top and I'm done.

I heard Downsy designed the new training shirt... :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don't hold back eh M... lolz.

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Sorry to see you go Sir Tim.... 

...you were popular and good for us, you will be sadly missed by the real people ....  no way you deserved Knighting though imho .

I see what you did there... ;)

On a completely separate and totally unrelated point, who do you have to shag down AG to get a job nowadays? Asking for a friend...

Cheer up, Tim. You know what they say.
Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best
And always look on the bright side of life!

I've heard that the change was made so that the customer experience will be more in keeping with the Bristol sport ethos.

Defeats will be called 'alternative scorelines' and questions over the attendance will be met with 'alternative facts

Kellyanne Conway. Welcome to BS3.

Archived