IGNORED

Transfer Fees

Gillies Downs Leeds

22 hours ago, Super said:

Gone mad. Liverpool linked with a midfielder for 70m who i have never heard of.

In the papers that Arsenal are preparing a £125m bid for Monaco's Mbappe - an 18 year old..

1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

It seems the Neves to Wolves deal is acutally going to happen. Madness. Not just the fee, but that fact that he's far to good for the championship. 

This deal stinks. All very dodgy, his agent is the super agent mendes who also happens to be a advisor to wolves at the minute. Also porto are in financial trouble.

How a player can be linked with Chelsea man utd and ac Milan and then sign for wolves is very odd!  

Just now, Spoons said:

This deal stinks. All very dodgy, his agent is the super agent mendes who also happens to be a advisor to wolves at the minute. Also porto are in financial trouble.

How a player can be linked with Chelsea man utd and ac Milan and then sign for wolves is very odd!  

There must be serious add ons. Wolves are serious contenders for the prem this season. With the size of the clubs in this league I would be happy with a 15th place finish!

3 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Seems wolves are favourite for adobe aswell. Building an extremely good squad thanks to Mendes. Where all that money has come from however is beyond me. Let alone the wages when they have no parachute payments.

Well I'd assume the wages are affordable for the players from Portugal. I'd wager the championship pays more than that league even the big clubs for the most part. The fees however, the money comes from the owner. He can spend what he likes until they're told they can't(ffp). 

I wasn't sure whether ffp related to just wages or funds and wages. Either way, wolves will have a bloody good team this coming season.

no doubt, all these signings have been made by the agent as after one season, he will make even more money selling them to clubs at the level they should be playing at. 

2 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Seems wolves are favourite for adobe aswell. Building an extremely good squad thanks to Mendes. Where all that money has come from however is beyond me. Let alone the wages when they have no parachute payments.

That would be a very flash player to purchase. 

6 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s not the championship I know but I was just scanning the BBC football gossip page and two things jumped out at me; Everton value Romalu Lukaku at £100m and Man Utd and PSG are both prepared to meet the £174m release clause in Neymar`s contract.

It can`t go on like this can it?

Remind me how much money every Premier league club gets, MINIMUM, every season..?!

Add to that the fortnightly attendances at the likes of Man Utd, plus their astronomical global merchandising revenue. 

Then add in the eye watering incomes of clubs that progress to the later stages of the Champions league every/most year(s)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, nobody with a Sky subscription is in a position to moan about the financial climate of the game! YOU* are the biggest problem with it and the contributor to the obscene money & wages being dished around. 

*not you specifically. Anybody who happily forks out to Sky each month. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Remind me how much money every Premier league club gets, MINIMUM, every season..?!

Add to that the fortnightly attendances at the likes of Man Utd, plus their astronomical global merchandising revenue. 

Then add in the eye watering incomes of clubs that progress to the later stages of the Champions league every/most year(s)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, nobody with a Sky subscription is in a position to moan about the financial climate of the game! YOU* are the biggest problem with it and the contributor to the obscene money & wages being dished around. 

Sky isn't the only reason,

bt sport pay stupid sums BBC pay stupid sums and over seas pay even bigger sums,

you cant blame sky anymore

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Sky isn't the only reason,

bt sport pay stupid sums BBC pay stupid sums and over seas pay even bigger sums,

you cant blame sky anymore

I take it you've got Sky..! 

Where do you think it all started and who pushes all the prices up..? BT & BBC don't have anything like the budgets that Sky spend and the overseas money is generated by the monster that Sky have created. 

10 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't, never have and never will .

I love to stream though .

:devil:

This forum, and Lansdown's rhetoric around how the club needs to copy whatever club lucked their way into the Premier League without spending a lot of money is a prime indicator that this club isn't ready for the Premier League.

Deep down, is paying £15-20m for a young superstar really that bad an investment? It's a lot of money, but the owners can afford it, and ultimately if that player is likely to succeed at this level then the worst case scenario is that the player chooses to leave Wolves for £20m+ in a few years time if they don't land promotion. Is it really any worse than us signing a youngster for £200k that might do well in this league, on the chance that they'll leave for a few million?

£18m for the youngest captain in the Champions League, with the top clubs already vying for his signature is probably a good deal, assuming that he can handle the sheer amount of games in the Championship. If he's any good, Liverpool will probably come in with a bid for £25-30m next year. If he's not, I reckon Porto will buy him back for £15m.

34 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

This forum, and Lansdown's rhetoric around how the club needs to copy whatever club lucked their way into the Premier League without spending a lot of money is a prime indicator that this club isn't ready for the Premier League.

Deep down, is paying £15-20m for a young superstar really that bad an investment? It's a lot of money, but the owners can afford it, and ultimately if that player is likely to succeed at this level then the worst case scenario is that the player chooses to leave Wolves for £20m+ in a few years time if they don't land promotion. Is it really any worse than us signing a youngster for £200k that might do well in this league, on the chance that they'll leave for a few million?

£18m for the youngest captain in the Champions League, with the top clubs already vying for his signature is probably a good deal, assuming that he can handle the sheer amount of games in the Championship. If he's any good, Liverpool will probably come in with a bid for £25-30m next year. If he's not, I reckon Porto will buy him back for £15m.

Why should the owner have to bankroll it?

thats like me demanding a car off you because you can afford it

@Bar BS3

Couldn't agree more, Sky was a major inflationary factor from the getgo and it's all spiralled from there.

@Red Right Hand I broadly agree, but I suspect Lukaku for £100m, let alone Neymar release clause £174m is because neither Everton- and absolutely not Barcelona- have no desire to sell those players. If you can you will negotiate a prohibitive buy out clause/slap a crazy price on to keep best assets. I am surprised more clubs in UK  don't do it tbh.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Bar BS3

Couldn't agree more, Sky was a major inflationary factor from the getgo and it's all spiralled from there.

@Red Right Hand I broadly agree, but I suspect Lukaku for £100m, let alone Neymar release clause £174m is because neither Everton- and absolutely not Barcelona- have no desire to sell those players. If you can you will negotiate a prohibitive buy out clause/slap a crazy price on to keep best assets. I am surprised more clubs in UK  don't do it tbh.

Lukaku a proven premiership goal scorer, to a champions league team with their wealth, for £100million, or Kodjia to a championship team for £15million. 

It's all about relative value I guess, so which offers best value..? 

Archived