IGNORED

Why do we have fans like this?

JasonM88

Just now, ciderbeans said:

No worries, thanks for your input. Duly noted and filed away under 'meaningless' just like my opinion is to most others.... although apparently not

Take it steady my mate... you are City, Tammy played for us but isnt City  all the best my friend

What an absolute bellend.  No class whatsoever.

There's no reason for Tammy to stay in the Championship if he can get good game time in the Prem which he can - he's already shown he's more than capable so it's obvious he'll learn more at a better level.

Best of luck to him, I hope he scores 30 for Swansea.

5 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

I also think that you should be grateful that you got to see a player, who is quite obviously going to go on to much better than Bristol City, lead our team for a season.

Grateful that you contributed to his 40k a week? a 19 year old.. yeah lovely

9 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

No, hence the player decided against Newcastle. I believe It was his decision where to play as he was the one playing.

either way, it doesn't bloody matter. It's my opinion, that it what these platforms are for. Like it or lump it.

Tammy supposedly turned Newcastle down because of the temptations of the nightlife up there. Plus by going to Swansea he is working with a head coach that he already knows from their time at Chelsea.

There is also likely to be a lot less pressure on him at Swansea compared to Newcastle but your point was that he had chosen Swansea over us......

And why wouldn't he? He's proved himself at a struggling Championship team & now he wants to test himself at the next level up & if he carries on with his natural progression, he will probably do okay there, especially for a 19 / 20 year-old.

There's no reason why he can't have a similar impact as Rashford & if he does, he's put himself in with a shout at playing at next years World Cup, fair play to him for showing a bit of ambition!!

16 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

You obviously chose to ignore my first bit where I say the guy was WRONG to post that stuff. OK fair play if you want to support Tammy at Swansea, me i couldnt give a shit to be honest.  i'm more concerned with the "new" Kodjia, Djuric and Matty T

.. and Wilbs?  :laugh:

You asked for 'people to be honest', you stating that 'ciderbeans was wrong to post what he posted' has nothing to do with me or with what you have asked 'us to do'.

If you aren't interested in what Tammy gets up to at Swansea, then why are you bothered about people 'putting their hand on their heart' & telling you the truth?

I'd be surprised if there were that many people on here (or City fans in general) who wished Tammy anything but good luck for his future rather than hoping that he fails!!

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Tammy supposedly turned Newcastle down because of the temptations of the nightlife up there. Plus by going to Swansea he is working with a head coach that he already knows from their time at Chelsea.

There is also likely to be a lot less pressure on him at Swansea compared to Newcastle but your point was that he had chosen Swansea over us......

And why wouldn't he? He's proved himself at a struggling Championship team & now he wants to test himself at the next level up & if he carries on with his natural progression, he will probably do okay there, especially for a 19 / 20 year-old.

There's no reason why he can't have a similar impact as Rashford & if he does, he's put himself in with a shout at playing at next years World Cup, fair play to him for showing a bit of ambition!!

You asked for 'people to be honest', you stating that 'ciderbeans was wrong to post what he posted' has nothing to do with me or with what you have asked 'us to do'.

If you aren't interested in what Tammy gets up to at Swansea, then why are you bothered about people 'putting their hand on their heart' & telling you the truth?

I'd be surprised if there were that many people on here (or City fans in general) who wished Tammy anything but good luck for his future rather than hoping that he fails!!

I dont especially want him to fai;l, but do i want him to be a huge success at Swansea?  couldnt care less in all honesty

PS really, really hope people dont start using Tammy as a stick to beat any striker playing for us next season i'm thinking the new guy, I;m thinking Matty , I'm thinking Djuric

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In summary.. Chelsea will never play him while  there are tons of foreign blokes on the market so go on son, make your mark at.. uh, Swansea

And you know this how? Fair enough not many make the grade at Chelsea from their academy but that's because Chelsea need the best players available for them to continue to compete.

There aren't many of their academy players that won't go on to make it at some level, Tammy has given himself a decent platform from which to develop & yes we played a part in that & because of that I will pay attention as to how he's doing & hope he does well.

I'd love it if 'former Bristol City loanee goes on to play for England in the World Cup' & I'd watch his perform with even more interest rather than thinking 'oh there's that guy who turned us down, I hope he has a rubbish game'

There is some pride for the club to have from knowing that they've played a part in his progression.

15 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

PS Tammy didnt come here because he thought  oh wouldnt it be lovely if i helped Bristol, its what he calls us.. stay in tne championship. It's all got to do with money, my friend. it was an arranged thing between Bristol sport and Chelsea. YES the guy is a really nice fella, but in reality it's not all as romantic as it seems. Ifell for it, i admit. Not now

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

And you know this how? Fair enough not many make the grade at Chelsea from their academy but that's because Chelsea need the best players available for them to continue to compete.

There aren't many of their academy players that won't go on to make it at some level, Tammy has given himself a decent platform from which to develop & yes we played a part in that & because of that I will pay attention as to how he's doing & hope he does well.

I'd love it if 'former Bristol City loanee goes on to play for England in the World Cup' & I'd watch his perform with even more interest rather than thinking 'oh there's that guy who turned us down, I hope he has a rubbish game'

There is some pride for the club to have from knowing that they've played a part in his progression.

Play for England in a world cup?  Shit I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy

You're asking if I would want a seemingly talented young man to continue developing and be the best he can be, realising what is probably his boyhood dream and making his family immensely proud? Absobloodylutely. 

I also hope he always remembers where he came from, whom helped him on is way and that he manages to retain humility and use his seemingly imminent fame and fortune to give plenty back.

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I dont especially want him to fai;l, but do i want him to be a huge success at Swansea?  couldnt care less in all honesty

Which is fine but you're the one who's asked people to 'put their hand on heart', like it's something really important when it really isn't, we have moved on as a club by signing Diedhiou & Tammy has moved on as well.

And I bet Tammy's happy for the club & I bet he'll look out for our results & still keep in touch with some of our players & staff. It's not like he's some jumped up big headed bloke, he's a decent young lad who has commented positively about his time here.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

Which is fine but you're the one who's asked people to 'put their hand on heart', like it's something really important when it really isn't, we have moved on as a club by signing Diedhiou & Tammy has moved on as well.

And I bet Tammy's happy for the club & I bet he'll look out for our results & still keep in touch with some of our players & staff. It's not like he's some jumped up big headed bloke, he's a decent young lad who has commented positively about his time here.

I KNOW he is, I LIKE him as a person  If you want him to do better at Swansea than he did here that';s great

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

PS Tammy didnt come here because he thought  oh wouldnt it be lovely if i helped Bristol, its what he calls us.. stay in tne championship. It's all got to do with money, my friend. it was an arranged thing between Bristol sport and Chelsea. YES the guy is a really nice fella, but in reality it's not all as romantic as it seems. Ifell for it, i admit. Not now

But I've no doubt Tammy had a choice of clubs he could of joined, Huddersfield took a fair few Chelsea players on loan, Vitesse Arnhem have a link with Chelsea, Chelsea loaned players to loads of clubs but seemingly because of the work the club did, Tammy chose to join us & you're right, he probably never thought he'd be joining us to save us from relegation but he did! He could of just said 'stuff this', 'I don't want to be playing for a relegation threatened team' & moved to someone higher up the table like Izzy Brown did when he jumped ship from Rotherham & then went straight to Huddersfield!

But Tammy stayed for the fight & showed he cared by continuing to fight to help us avoid relegation.

Just now, Tipps69 said:

But I've no doubt Tammy had a choice of clubs he could of joined, Huddersfield took a fair few Chelsea players on loan, Vitesse Arnhem have a link with Chelsea, Chelsea loaned players to loads of clubs but seemingly because of the work the club did, Tammy chose to join us & you're right, he probably never thought he'd be joining us to save us from relegation but he did! He could of just said 'stuff this', 'I don't want to be playing for a relegation threatened team' & moved to someone higher up the table like Izzy Brown did when he jumped ship from Rotherham & then went straight to Huddersfield!

But Tammy stayed for the fight & showed he cared by continuing to fight to help us avoid relegation.

He's gone. Tammy who I say

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

No, but the bloke is a City fan.Do you think that Tammy will give a shit in a few years time about Bristol? give the guy a ****** break

Couldn't care less to be honest what he thinks , players come and go , always have always will . 

Also don't care what your mate thinks although he did come across as a bit of a belter on twitter. 

The point isn't about personal views, everyone is entitled to their own obviously.  The issue is this was sent by a City fan directly to the player and it's bloody embarrassing.  I've slated LJ on here but at no point would I feel the need to tweet the guy.

1. Can't doubt the lads commitment while he was here.

2. He wasn't ours.

3. Nice to see a young hard working English player do well.

Looks bitter.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Why? We paid nothing or very little to have him for one season, a season where his goals undoubtedly went a long way to guaranteeing our survival for another season & if he hadn't of helped us survive, we wouldn't be in the position we are now in, where we have broken our transfer record because we sure as hell wouldn't of been spending £5m+ on one player if we were in League One & we would have probably lost a lot more of our current squad as well.

Do I think he'll score 20+ goals in The Premier League, it's doubtful, he's unlikely to be first choice, especially at the start of the season but he will get his opportunity & he will be working with a manager who he already knows.

If he had stayed at Championship level & done similar to this past season, what would that of proved? He can score goals at Championship level? He's already proved that!!

The lad wants to prove himself & eventually play first team football for Chelsea, he has more chance of that by scoring 10 goals or so in The Premier League than he does by scoring 20 or so goals in The Championship!!

It wasn't a long way, it was a bl&&dy long way!!

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

:laugh: Well called. i bet you everything i own that city fans in general would ******* love it if he has nothing like the success he had here in his time at Swansea.

People, start being honest FFS it's human nature

If this is human nature, then perhaps I want out of humanity. Tammy came here, showed a fantastic attitude and scored lots of goals for us. I understand completely that he's young, very talented and wants to progress his career (who doesn't?). I wish him nothing but the very best and will be delighted if he achieves success elsewhere (as long as it's not Rovers, but I don't think I have much to worry about there).

So count me out of the small-minded vindictive group that you think represents "City fans in general". I hope I'm not alone.

BTW, if he does well elsewhere, it might also reflect well on us, and dare I say it LJ, as the club that helped bring him on. 

• Admin

@AppyDAZE Considering I am hoping Tammy will be priced low enough to be a cheap 3rd striker for my Fantasy Football team at work, I hope he scores 50 for Swansea ;)

Though I doubt I'll have (m)any Swansea defenders so they can concede 100+ for all I care :D

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

Haha **** me! Why are people so bloody sensitive!

get a grip. I'll stand by it, it's my opinion. If I'm wrong in your eyes people then that's your problem. 

I don't think he's fully ready for the prem and another season in the championship to ensure it wasn't just a one season wonder would do him the world of good.

i do wish him well however and if he proves me wrong, fair play on the kid. 

It's the way you've worded it. Like he owes us something and he's made a shocker of a decision when he's testing himself at a higher level. He wasn't necessarily ready for the Championship before us but tested himself and flourished.

If your boss said he was going to promote you to a higher level and see how you manage with those prospects would you say "No sorry boss, think I could do with another year at this level for now"? Speaking for myself I know I'd rather test myself whilst the opportunity is there.

5 hours ago, red panda said:

If this is human nature, then perhaps I want out of humanity. Tammy came here, showed a fantastic attitude and scored lots of goals for us. I understand completely that he's young, very talented and wants to progress his career (who doesn't?). I wish him nothing but the very best and will be delighted if he achieves success elsewhere (as long as it's not Rovers, but I don't think I have much to worry about there).

So count me out of the small-minded vindictive group that you think represents "City fans in general". I hope I'm not alone.

BTW, if he does well elsewhere, it might also reflect well on us, and dare I say it LJ, as the club that helped bring him on. 

I was only really trying to help out a fellow Red that had made a big mistake on social media. There wasn't really too much more to what i was saying.

Tammy, Good Luck my friend!

6 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Couldn't care less to be honest what he thinks , players come and go , always have always will . 

Also don't care what your mate thinks although he did come across as a bit of a belter on twitter. 

He's no more a mate of mine than yours... he is a CITY fan and i (probably stupidly, and after a few drinks) tried to help a fellow city fan out. Have a nice week everyone!

Archived