IGNORED

Plymouth Game

patchrat

5 hours ago, patchrat said:

Anyone seen if the date has been confirmed yet?  I see on Gas website their Cambridge games has 8th August tbh, why is it taking so long together them sorted?

The police probably think it's a wind up and don't believe that Rovers have managed to qualify for the league cup first round. 

They probably aren't taking the situation very seriously. 

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The police probably think it's a wind up and don't believe that Rovers have managed to qualify for the league cup first round. 

They probably aren't taking the situation very seriously. 

Indeed, they remember 2002!  Only AFC Wimbledon shares this "honour" of being  a league club that doesn't qualify to play in the league cup.

Preliminary round

A preliminary round was necessary to reduce the number of teams by one, because of the extra UEFA Cup place awarded to newly relegated Ipswich Town through the Fair Play league.

Tie no Home team Score Away team Date
1 Bristol Rovers 0 – 2 Boston United

20 August 2002

Actually, if anyone has any pull with the club and relevant authorities, or would like to start a petition, this could be my first game in 9 years! If it is on the 9th that is, as I don't land in the UK until the morning of that day.

It is my Mum's 70th birthday that day, but I am sure she won't mind, especially as she will have her favorite son (me by the way) for the rest of the week, well apart from a lad's weekend away of course (which in turn curtails any chance of making it to Birmingham ffs).

Any help gratefully accepted, I can just see the press release - 'Bristol City rearrange cup clash with 'local' rivals to accommodate long lost fan'.

14 hours ago, ukneil said:

Actually, if anyone has any pull with the club and relevant authorities, or would like to start a petition, this could be my first game in 9 years! If it is on the 9th that is, as I don't land in the UK until the morning of that day.

It is my Mum's 70th birthday that day, but I am sure she won't mind, especially as she will have her favorite son (me by the way) for the rest of the week, well apart from a lad's weekend away of course (which in turn curtails any chance of making it to Birmingham ffs).

Any help gratefully accepted, I can just see the press release - 'Bristol City rearrange cup clash with 'local' rivals to accommodate long lost fan'.

Not sure who the hell you think you are .....the club will willingly move the fixture!!

16 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I've heard Cardiff, Bristol, Plymouth and Gloucester are in the city on the same night - plus a few from Newport and Swansea.  Should be carnage ... The city centre will be kicking off ... oops ... it's Dirty Dancing at the Hippodrome .... such a shame that so many football fans are idiots.

But you could turn up and pay on the night for the Plymouth game, for less than £25. 

Isn't that what you are always harping on about..?! 

• Admin
17 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I've heard Cardiff, Bristol, Plymouth and Gloucester are in the city on the same night - plus a few from Newport and Swansea.  Should be carnage ... The city centre will be kicking off ... oops ... it's Dirty Dancing at the Hippodrome .... such a shame that so many football fans are idiots.

Or as recently seen in London all those listed and more were happily mingling together

On 04/07/2017 at 13:57, Big C said:

I guess there is a chance that both games will be played on the Tuesday. The first Round of the league cup isn't known for large attendances

Just like to say I called it :thumbsup:;):yes::whistle:

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I take it you`re not familiar with our recent record in the league cup in all it`s various guises!

Last season being the exception, it was only then that we found out that there was a second round.

I am a hopeless optimist :) 

Archived