IGNORED

Our young players.

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

You can buy cream to cure that

And I know just the company ... 

Have you just woken up to discover Sigue Sigue Sputnik ? 

Never fear , Isewater's SS Sputnik cream is at hand or elsewhere to soothe your bodily particles.

Not to be confused with 

the Super

Isewater's Squeaky Bum Oil '

( Although the packaging may seem similar )

Available only in the off season .

8 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

All three need to be in the first team or at least playing from the bench this season, including Engval. It's not only a much-needed indicator that our squad is strong enough to cope with the Championship, it's a review of the process that the club has put in place.

We've spent good money on Moore, Engval, and O'Dowda, and both Ashton and LJ have talked about bringing in young talent. If we can't bring in a single player purchased under their leadership into the first-team then why are we even bothering? Also, why are they bothering? These players need games at the highest level possible, and if the club don't have faith in you playing second division football after spending a whole year at the club, then they should opt to move on.

LJ has had a full year in charge, and there are no excuses any more. We've either progressed as a squad, or we've regressed as a club.

Look Ender I am still reeling from finding out that Young Bobby Reid is in fact not young! Now you state that we actually struggle and continue to struggle to bring in young players. I need a lie down!

I think Brownhill will play a big part this season, he was superb towards the back end of last season.

I see COD kicking on and featuring more, a goal or two for him early on in the season would do him the world of good.

Bobby Reid isn't a bad player to have in a squad, but we have much better midfielders at this club.

I can also see Paterson playing a big part as well if he replicates he form he showed in the last 6 games of last season.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

COD played 1,646 mins for us last season; that's the equivalent of just over 18 games.  He played 36% of the maximum minutes he could.  I'm not disagreeing with you, just giving you the info. Perhaps he played more than you thought?

Personally I hope we see more of Moore this year...although if he were loaned out to L1 that wouldn't be awful either.

No, that's about what I would of thought. Maybe closer to 25%. But I think COD can be a first 11 player for us moving forward; he has pace, skill and he works hard tracking back. And I think if given games he'll get even better

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

To me Taylor Moore looks to have the best potential of all the youngsters. It's that vital experience of "men's" football that all young players lack that has kept him out of the first team.

Hopefully with the experience of being out on loan he'll have learnt enough to press for a first team place.

Yet again we agree Robbo-i know,I know-im getting old..

Taylor really does have all the attributes to do very well-my only reservation in being the good number of times I've seen him play doesn't look strong enough,too easily outmuscled..

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Must have been his home debut I meant......

I do remember him struggling and after than we didn't see him for a while,

He didn't struggle,he got taken apart..

But he's a good lad and I'm sure will have learnt from it & should have an 'ok' career-weather or not it will be Championship or higher??

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

That's the long term plan set out by SL but.......LJ like all SBC managers are reluctant to introduce youngsters because of the risk. 

Vyners debut - Preston? - highlighted that. The opposition taregeted him as a debutant and he was exposed.

Not sure when debut was but they gotta start somewhere and it's easier to blood em at that start of the season when the pressure is slightly less 

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not sure about those 2 in particular, but difficult for any young player at AG to make the step up.

They need to come into an established settled team where everybody else knows exactly what their function is, so they can fit in relatively seamlessly while they find their feet.

The modern day Championship, with some managers shuffling their increasingly large packs regularly, means settled teams are becoming a rarity, and it's that much more difficult for occasionally appearing youngsters to come in and make their mark, as they might amongst an experienced and constant core.

A good point made . Having watched the u23's last season these lads need a platform to perform. You only get experience from playing so it's a catch 22 scenario. 

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

That's the long term plan set out by SL but.......LJ like all SBC managers are reluctant to introduce youngsters because of the risk. 

Vyners debut - Preston? - highlighted that. The opposition taregeted him as a debutant and he was exposed.

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He made his debut in a vital game, away to MK.

We won 2-0..

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Must have been his home debut I meant......

I do remember him struggling and after than we didn't see him for a while,

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That was Brighton..

Can we have a new sub-forum.....OTIB Classic Gold.  This one should be pinned for posterity. Gold! :facepalm:

8 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

My guess of our starting line up as it stands on opening day:

Fielding
Pisano - Flint - Wright - Bryan
Smith - Hegeler - Pack
Paterson - Diedhiou - Taylor

Formation etc not important, it's a feasible line up. Not too dissimilar to what we played final game of last season, Fielding in for Gief, Heg for Brownhill, Diedhiou for Tammy, Pisano for Little.

I am a huge LJ fan, I believe he is the person to lead us forward but we are now at the point where the squad of players we have on the whole should all be in the prime of their career baring 1/2. The youngest player in that 11 is Bryan, 23. We have several people between 25-29. There can be no excuse of "we found ourselves in a situation and didn't quite adapt" these players are experienced enough to make those adaptations during a game and between games. If this season doesn't get off to the start we are all hoping for and continue the boardroom and more importantly coaching staff will have a lot to answer to. LJ has had enough windows to make this squad his own. Now is time to deliver.

The only young players I see getting any games is COD.

Do you think it is realistic that Djuric will not be a starter and simply used from the bench?

And that Brownhill will also not be in the starting eleven? Remember it is LJ that picks the team.

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Do you think it is realistic that Djuric will not be a starter and simply used from the bench?

And that Brownhill will also not be in the starting eleven? Remember it is LJ that picks the team.

Although it's nice to pick your eleven at this time of the reason (I do), I wonder how many managers get 6-8 games in and realise the team they thought was their best is far from it.

Unless we bring in another 'starter' striker, it's gonna be Diedhiou (in the main) plus one other for me, whether that be a proper partner or a withdrawn striker / no10.  I think Djuric will get a fair share of games.  I'm probably in the "Taylor not quite good enough" camp.

I do see the league match day squad being fairly settled, but not sure what LJ will see as his best 11.

19 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Look Ender I am still reeling from finding out that Young Bobby Reid is in fact not young! Now you state that we actually struggle and continue to struggle to bring in young players. I need a lie down!

Maybe it's an ironic name, like Curly from Coronation Street?

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Although it's nice to pick your eleven at this time of the reason (I do), I wonder how many managers get 6-8 games in and realise the team they thought was their best is far from it.

Unless we bring in another 'starter' striker, it's gonna be Diedhiou (in the main) plus one other for me, whether that be a proper partner or a withdrawn striker / no10.  I think Djuric will get a fair share of games.  I'm probably in the "Taylor not quite good enough" camp.

I do see the league match day squad being fairly settled, but not sure what LJ will see as his best 11.

Agree with you on this one. I can see it being a solid 4 in defence and midfield, then one of Taylor, Djuric, Tomlin to partner Diedhiou, or perhaps away from home a third CM... 'young' Bobby Reid maybe, or more likely COD out wide and Brownhill through the middle.

Archived