IGNORED

Teflon Lee

Top Robin

Now don't get me wrong.....I really hope we will have a decent next season and with our form towards the end of the last one and the new players brought in we should do ok. But we kind of thought this at the start of last season and as we know, things went downhill nastily. Will Lee be with us for the duration no matter how bad things get next season....I think he will. He has a lot riding on next season as he has chosen the players, spent a decent amount of money,picked the team, done the training strategy so its all down to him. In short he has now had enough time to create his own side. Lets hope this never comes into the equation but this is Bristol City.

I'd be willing to bet money that if we're in the relegation zone and doing poor come December, he will certainly be sacked. Quite possibly before that, October/November time.

This whole notion of 'invincible LJ' is a bit silly, although admittedly it did seem that way at times last season.

17 minutes ago, Distortia said:

I'd be willing to bet money that if we're in the relegation zone and doing poor come December, he will certainly be sacked. Quite possibly before that, October/November time.

This whole notion of 'invincible LJ' is a bit silly, although admittedly it did seem that way at times last season.

Agree he won't last if we start well as most fans will lose patience again quickly.

Personally love that we bucked the trend of sack the boss as soon as we have a poor stint, just hope long term it pays off rather than looking back and thinking we just got away with it at the end of the season.

We start the new season with 3 strikers who have little to no exp in this division and another couple who might not come back at all and one of them is also very light on championship football. I wont mention the goalkeeper situation but another would be good.

So Lee will need to find his dream team a bit quicker than last season for us to make a better impression.

Cant see even relegation shifting him though; so we go with what we have until SL fancies a change.

16 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Agree he won't last if we start well as most fans will lose patience again quickly.

Personally love that we bucked the trend of sack the boss as soon as we have a poor stint, just hope long term it pays off rather than looking back and thinking we just got away with it at the end of the season.

Fans displeasure made no difference last season, it wont this season either......and I`m afraid he will be here for a while yet....so we have to go with it.

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

We start the new season with 3 strikers who have little to no exp in this division and another couple who might not come back at all and one of them is also very light on championship football. I wont mention the goalkeeper situation but another would be good.

So Lee will need to find his dream team a bit quicker than last season for us to make a better impression.

Cant see even relegation shifting him though; so we go with what we have until SL fancies a change.

Depressing isn't it, the two signings lifted the mood a little, but still can't remember going into a season feeling that the best we can do is to come top of the bottom 6.

#Johnson Out

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Depressing isn't it, the two signings lifted the mood a little, but still can't remember going into a season feeling that the best we can do is to come top of the bottom 6.

#Johnson Out

Depends how you look at things. I looks at our excellent start & end to last season and feel we can improve on our position this year, of course the new striker is an unknown quantity but we have a few players that will I feel will kick on this year in Paterson, Brownhill & Taylor.

7 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

#Johnson Out

Cheer up mate! We've just spent £5.3 million on a striker and smashed our transfer record! 

Signed a old school itlian full back and will Probaly add a few more to the already promising squad! 

Fingers crossed we can start the season how we finished the last 15 games!

but get the feeling some want us to fail? Not sure why.

I know it's said every year but this season the championship does look harder than ever, villa will surely do better, this year wolves have spent big and Bolton and Sheffield utd are no mugs, but I still feel things will be better than last season, a more consistent one would be the thing I'm looking for.

I'm no fan of LJ, but it's a but early to talk about when he's going to get sacked. The season hasn't even started yet, so give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit. If we talk about sacking him in July, it will be uproar if we actually lose a match in August 

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Cheer up mate! We've just spent £5.3 million on a striker and smashed our transfer record! 

Signed a old school itlian full back and will Probaly add a few more to the already promising squad! 

Fingers crossed we can start the season how we finished the last 15 games!

but get the feeling some want us to fail? Not sure why.

just so some can said I told you so

He was in charge of our longest losing run.dismantled a promotion squad and signed 19 average players. Over half our fans don't want him.Even if we went down we were told to like it or lump it by lansdown ,I think he's here for a while yet.

1 minute ago, Mtimmy11 said:

He was in charge of our longest losing run.dismantled a promotion squad and signed 19 average players. Over half our fans don't want him.Even if we went down we were told to like it or lump it by lansdown ,I think he's here for a while yet.

That's some poll you've run there, @Mtimmy11 - on what basis do you allege that over half of our fans don't want him?

43 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

SL will make the change if things don't improve. LJ is in the last chance saloon after last seasons debacle and he knows it.

4 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Dismantled the promotion side that the year before also was in a relegation battle. Don't know why that's a stick to beat him with. 

47 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

We start the new season with 3 strikers who have little to no exp in this division and another couple who might not come back at all and one of them is also very light on championship football. 

Just like last season then.

6 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Where's the evidence that over half our fans don't want him. I hope nobody is going to refer to any poll conducted by the Post which is derided at every turn on the forum. 

The more than half that don't want him clearly didn't turn up at Burnley, Newcastle or Brighton or amongst the 20k  crowds cheering to the rafters at the Gate. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Dismantled the promotion side that the year before also was in a relegation battle. Don't know why that's a stick to beat him with. 

Quite. 

Most promoted squads in football often don't translate into capable squads the division up. Some individuals, yes, but not squads. 

To still have a core of 5/6 within the first team towards the end of last season two years and four windows after promotion? I reckon that is rare these days for successful teams.

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Where's the evidence that over half our fans don't want him. I hope nobody is going to refer to any poll conducted by the Post which is derided at every turn on the forum. 

The more than half that don't want him clearly didn't turn up at Burnley, Newcastle or Brighton or amongst the 20k  crowds cheering to the rafters at the Gate. 

I did turn up to all those, but I still don't want him in charge when s.c.  got the bullet I really thought we were about to reach for the stars .Then we headhunted the little one .Ambition my ass

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

and scored goals for fun

None of us have a crystal ball so we have no idea how next season will go but if otib is known for anything it's known for the wild speculation based on guesswork we see on here.

This time every year I'm cautiously optimistic about the upcoming campaign and I'm exactly the same again.

Im hoping (again) for a decent season with a chance of the pray-offs come the last 15 games or so.

Archived