IGNORED

BCTV for Pre-Season Friendlies?

Creg

Does anyone know if there will be coverage of the pre season games through the new BCTV platform?

Whilst I appreciate that they're likely to be dross, the lack of games has got me antsy once again. My memory is defeating me as to whether the old BC Player offered the option, but even a crackly audio stream would be a welcome break from doing housework and longingly gazing out of the window for the remaining Saturdays until the season kicks off.

Plus, it would be nice to see how the youngsters we signed get on before we inevitably ship them out on loan to an underperforming league one side for the rest of the year. 

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Suppose the other question that hasn't been asked yet, would be for sell out away games, is beam back more likely, or is it capped?

It seems to be a reciprocal agreement nowadays - if we let them beam our home game back, they do the same. I believe that happened with Leeds last season - no way either game was sold out.

10 hours ago, Creg said:

Does anyone know if there will be coverage of the pre season games through the new BCTV platform?

Whilst I appreciate that they're likely to be dross, the lack of games has got me antsy once again. My memory is defeating me as to whether the old BC Player offered the option, but even a crackly audio stream would be a welcome break from doing housework and longingly gazing out of the window for the remaining Saturdays until the season kicks off.

Plus, it would be nice to see how the youngsters we signed get on before we inevitably ship them out on loan to an underperforming league one side for the rest of the year. 

It sounds like you need to get yourself along to the preseason friendlies. If only to retain your sanity. 

• Admin
10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It seems to be a reciprocal agreement nowadays - if we let them beam our home game back, they do the same. I believe that happened with Leeds last season - no way either game was sold out.

Beam backs were limited to 4 per season, guess it was more of a coincidence Leeds featured twice

Ref Beambacks, this only applies for Sky Bet Championship matches.

With regards to pre-season friendlies; we will be covering the games live via Twitter updates - as with any other game - and we will be filming them for highlights to be shown on the club website for free.

Live streaming away pre-season friendlies would be heck of a task, especially with the likes of Guernsey already struggling to just provide a decent wifi connection (hopefully will be fixed by Saturday!!).

For the FC Twente game; we don't yet have the technology installed to live stream matches that are not league games. However, I understand BBC Radio Bristol maybe testing a new commentator for this fixture and therefore we may be able to provide live commentary of that match, but TBC at this stage.

Regards,
Adam

Archived