IGNORED

FA Cup 2017-18

22A

On 18/09/2017 at 17:19, 22A said:

30 St Albans City or Cambridge City v Bridport or Cadbury Heath
31 Metropolitan Police or Heybridge Swifts v Frome Town

St Albans won their replay. Cadbury Heath play theirs tonight. The Met Police had their replay postponed.

Just a thought; in years gone by City have met St Albans at AG (9-2) and Heybridge away (7-0). Cadbury & Frome; you have a lot to live up to.

On 18/09/2017 at 17:19, 22A said:

31 Metropolitan Police or Heybridge Swifts v Frome Town

36 Haringey Borough v Bodmin Town or Bideford

Met Police lost 4-3 on penalties to Heybridge so Frome travel all the way to leafy Essex.

Bideford beat Bodmin 1-0. I know they're not local, but North Devon is still West Country and not that far from Bristol which is why I included them.

14 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Been there ! :cool:

City won 7-0 that day I believe.

There are some people on this forum who don't like the fact that by being in the Championship, we are exempt until Round 3, so avoid trips to Heybridge and Harrogate Railway etc.

In reply to your question @myol'man I'll stop after the fourth and final qualifying round. It's just I wanted to keep a track for everyone of our localish teams.

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

City won 7-0 that day I believe.

There are some people on this forum who don't like the fact that by being in the Championship, we are exempt until Round 3, so avoid trips to Heybridge and Harrogate Railway etc.

In reply to your question @myol'man I'll stop after the fourth and final qualifying round. It's just I wanted to keep a track for everyone of our localish teams.

Used to enjoy our fairly regular trips to non-league grounds. BUT nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there ,eh, Sags ?

36 minutes ago, 22A said:

Heybridge Swifts 0 - Bristol City 7. 16 Nov 2002.

Roberts 16" and 40", Tinnion also 40" (pen), Murray 45" & 61", Lita 66" & 82".

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-adk-adk_sbnt&hsimp=yhs-adk_sbnt&hspart=adk&p=heybridge+swifts+v+Bristol+city#id=1&vid=cee16cca421e913e7b2ebe80a8a53422&action=click

I thought I was right and CR ripped them a new one!

Thanks to the last three posters for the updates. here's a fuller list of scores.

Bath 3 - Hemel Hempstead 0, Swindon Supermarine 2 - Paulton 3, Truro 4 - Sudbury 1.

Heybridge 2 - Frome 1

Even spreading our "local" net, the defeats continued. Chelmsford 2 - Weymouth 1Cinderford 2 - Hampton & Richmond 3, Haringay 4 - Bideford 1, Slough 2 - Poole 1, St Albans 2 - Bridport 1

I know some on here take a passing interest in Hereford. They are in the final qualifying round after a 3-0 win today. After today's results elsewhere, Ipswich are the only Suffolk club left in the Cup.

The draw in full for that final qualifying round when teams from the National League join in. Bath and Paulton both get home ties. Games played on October 14th. To get this far Paulton have won four ties and picked up nearly £17,000. If City win four ties, we'll be in the semi finals!

FC Halifax Town v Tranmere Rovers
Solihull Moors v 1974 Northwich/Ossett Town
South Shields v Hartlepool United
Shaw Lane AFC v Barrow AFC
Chorley v Boston United
Stafford United/AFC Telford United v Stockport County/FC United of Manchester
Harrogate Town/Bradford Park Avenue v Leamington/Gainsborough Trinity
Nantwich Town v Kettering Town
Buxton v Gateshead
Guiseley AFC v Shildon
AFC Fylde v Wrexham
Kidderminster Harriers v Chester FC
Scarborough Athletic/Stratford Town v Hyde United
Stourbridge v Macclesfield Town
Brackley Town v Hungerford Town/Billericay Town
Dagenham & Redbridge v Leyton Orient
Eastleigh v Hereford FC
Aldershot Town v Torquay United
Bath City v Chelmsford City
Oxford City v Bognor Regis Town
Maidenhead United v Havant & Waterlooville
Haringey Borough v Heybridge Swifts
Woking v Concord Rangers
Hampton & Richmond Borough v Truro City
Dover Athletic v Bromley
Slough Town v Folkestone Invicta
Burgess Hill Town v Dartford
St Albans City v Boreham Wood
Maidstone United v Enfield Town
Margate v Leatherhead
Paulton Rovers v Sutton United
East Thurrock United /Harlow Town v Ebbsfleet United

21 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s probably about the stage of the competition now when we can start thinking about which non-league side will put the g*s out this year. I`m going for Brackley Town.

I'd prefer it to be Paulton or Bath

Was delighted to see my local club Scarborough Athletic get through the final qualifying round last night. 1-1 in normal time versus Stratford Town, it went to extra time. The referee had to come off injured, resulting in a lengthy delay. The Stratford Town U9s coach had to deputise as linesman. Scarborough scored 3 late on to seal the win at around 10:50pm! Incredible stuff.

It's been hard times for the Seadogs since dropping out of the league, with the original club folding. But now they're back playing in the town again, with a new stadium, they are really building a head of momentum. Only Hyde Utd stand in their way now! Scarborough vs the Sags in Round 1 would be one to savour.

Fourth & final qualifying round.

Bath 0 - Chelmsford 0 - replay Tuesday. Paulton 2 - Sutton 3.

Broadening our scope; Torquay lost at Aldershot, but Hereford won at Eastleigh and Truro won at Hampton & Richmond.

Draw for the first round is at 7.00pm Monday on BBC 2. Truro v Carlisle anyone?

On 04/10/2017 at 11:32, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Was delighted to see my local club Scarborough Athletic get through the final qualifying round last night. 1-1 in normal time versus Stratford Town, it went to extra time.

Sorry pal; Scarborough 0 - Hyde 2.

8 hours ago, 22A said:

Fourth & final qualifying round.

Bath 0 - Chelmsford 0 - replay Tuesday. Paulton 2 - Sutton 3.

Broadening our scope; Torquay lost at Aldershot, but Hereford won at Eastleigh and Truro won at Hampton & Richmond.

Draw for the first round is at 7.00pm Monday on BBC 2. Truro v Carlisle anyone?

They`ll fancy themselves v anyone at the moment, they`re flying. I`m hoping they get a home tie against a half decent league club with a chance of TV - I reckon BBC would see it as one of the fairy tales they like so much.

Is the draw regionalised?

13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

They`ll fancy themselves v anyone at the moment, they`re flying. I`m hoping they get a home tie against a half decent league club with a chance of TV - I reckon BBC would see it as one of the fairy tales they like so much.

Is the draw regionalised?

As far as I’m aware the draw now becomes a nationwide draw.

Archived