IGNORED

60 Quid to ship a shirt to the US.

42104RED

10 minutes ago, 42104RED said:

Just looked at buying a new home and away shirt and the club wants to charge 60 pounds postage each. How the hell can they justify that?

I had an experience similar a few years ago so wrote a letter to Steve L.  He acted very promptly and I was charged a more realistic postage rate. Always address the envelope with the note "Private & Confidential".

Just now, Chris_Brown said:

Very generous of you Dolly.

Perhaps our FLO could explain to us why the postage costs abroad are so disproportionately high? It simply does not cost that much to send a shirt abroad. @AdamB

42 quid to get it to New York by Monday using ups,

2 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Just over £20 Royal Mail Tracked & Signed and that's being super generous with the weight of it. It'd have to be an XXXXXXXXXXXXXL to weigh the 2kg I listed it as. 

I put a 3kg weight and asked for a specific delivery date, one for @AdamB to clear up me thinks

6 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Really?  I sent a pair of trainers to Russia earlier this week, tracked and signed for and it cost me £13

I work for Royal Mail and USA and Australia are the two most expensive countries to post packets too. 

We had a lady in our delivery office this week who had to pay £34 customs charge on a fidget spinner from Texas!!! 

4 hours ago, williamsredngrey said:

It's because you're not only buying the shirt, you're having to pay for someone's time to go to the Post Office and get it weighed etc. 

Time is ££££!

best take up Dolls offer

Surely a company like BS would have a franking machine and also have Royal Mail collect on a daily basis?

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

I work for Royal Mail and USA and Australia are the two most expensive countries to post packets too. 

We had a lady in our delivery office this week who had to pay £34 customs charge on a fidget spinner from Texas!!! 

Worth knowing. Thanks

Shall certainly bear in mind if I sell anything to a resident of either of those

6 hours ago, 42104RED said:

Just looked at buying a new home and away shirt and the club wants to charge 60 pounds postage each. How the hell can they justify that?

If you wait 5 minutes, Liam Fox will have done us a trade deal.

It will be 1/2 the price if you wait.

:thumbsup:

tfj

2 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Been saying it for years.

Best to get it sent to your Gashead mate, then they go on the Bristol City mailing list.  They love getting offers from the club!!

But if we ever play them again he will be on the database so can get a ticket if he wants.

Would be a nice change for him to sit with people who aren`t deluded and bitter the whole time.

Could be partly about import duties. Can be up to 20% to import into the US I believe. I've twice had to pay customs charges for the family's Christmas presents sent to me by my brother in the US. And it ain't cheap! 

Lots more of that to come post Brexit at the current rate. Mrs May's 'no deal' could mean that happening every time we send something to our from Europe. 

On July 7, 2017 at 06:47, 42104RED said:

A couple of nice offers. I would take up new2city and have it sent from the domestic USA. The USPS/IRS can be a pain.

SO where are you?

Archived