IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

City Mike

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

Why do I get the impression that little Lee feels like mid table obscurity is good enough ? 

Given the recent relegation battles, the spending power some clubs now have, and some of the money being spent already, I'd be more than happy with mid table obscurity. It would be progress.

Would it really ? We're going into next season with no , tammy , freeman and Tomlin , we have an unproven striker (famara) o'dowda who to me doesn't look good enough at championship level and bobby love the guy but he ain't a patch on tomlin in the 10 role . 

My view on all this. Tomlin didn't perform last year. Something went horribly wrong with the manager during the period where LJ was all over the place and some will say the two are connected, that it was more bad management. What is equally true is that a model professional would have pushed through this and any personal problems, proving themselves right with performances on the pitch.

As someone who sang 'sign him up'  to Lansdown in the City bar during the club awards following the final game the season before, I find the whole situation awfully sad.  I also think that sadly it is the best thing for him to move on.  Johnson takes some of the blame but so does Tomlin.

Time to move on and re-invest funds in another quality signing now.

50 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

My view on all this. Tomlin didn't perform last year. Something went horribly wrong with the manager during the period where LJ was all over the place and some will say the two are connected, that it was more bad management. What is equally true is that a model professional would have pushed through this and any personal problems, proving themselves right with performances on the pitch.

As someone who sang 'sign him up'  to Lansdown in the City bar during the club awards following the final game the season before, I find the whole situation awfully sad.  I also think that sadly it is the best thing for him to move on.  Johnson takes some of the blame but so does Tomlin.

Time to move on and re-invest funds in another quality signing now.

Got himself physically out of shape, got dropped then lacked the motivation to slim down and fight for a starting place that he thought he had a devine right to, then started stirring up trouble and tried to get the manager sacked.  He really had to go, but a shame as a bit less fat and the right mental attitude would have made him our best player. Put in the effort to earn a contract, then coyldnt be arsed.  He will do the same to Cardiff, but Colin wont stand for it.

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

If Colin thought that Tomlin was shit was the case he would not be offering him a contract, and us a transfer fee that is somewhere close to what we paid before add ons, if that is indeed what is happening here. 

Who the hell knows if relegation looms. I certainly don't, however there were plenty defending Engval being an awful signing where there not? 

When LT played earlier in the season we won games, however this gradually disapated as we lost game after game after a changed formation and personnel week after week regardless of result. 

If Tomlin did not fit why did we buy him, who knows right? Ask LJ and MA  

Its clear to me there is an issue with Tomlin and LJ and has been for a while. I agree despite everything, and as much is it gets up my nose, LJ AND LT being anywhere near each other is counter productive to our club. I'm not getting into who may or not be to blame, but if we have a good season then LJ will get the plaudits if we don't after a third window he will have to accept what's coming. 

So newsflash most don't care who are 11/16 are, LJ now owns them. WINNING football matches is what I care about and nearly everyone on this forum. I suspect you too?

Winning is the most important and it's why I'm baffled people are gutted at the news. Seems people will miss the showman. LJ is here and for whatever reason couldn't get the best from Tomlin. He did try though but ultimately failed so most should be happy with this. We recouped almost everything we paid for him and now opened up some wages. Tomlin isn't a bad footballer and I don't want to sound like I think he is. He's brilliant when he wants to be but it didn't work here. 

On 12/07/2017 at 10:45, Major Isewater said:

Thank you for your contribution GGBluebird.

Do you have ' grammar ' in Wales by any chance ?

Maybe  that should be a capital ' g ' ?  Bugger . 

We only accept rumours in perfect English and with photos supported by Twitter from bonafide actors in the transfer.

This is OTIB , we have standards.

maybe worth accepting rumours from others now.

cardiff will be strong this season 

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Got himself physically out of shape, got dropped then lacked the motivation to slim down and fight for a starting place that he thought he had a devine right to, then started stirring up trouble and tried to get the manager sacked.  He really had to go, but a shame as a bit less fat and the right mental attitude would have made him our best player. Put in the effort to earn a contract, then coyldnt be arsed.  He will do the same to Cardiff, but Colin wont stand for it.

Let's be honest when he came o  against Brum in the last game looked overweight, unfit and everything he tried failed and lost the ball numerous times in midfield, if I was LJ I would have thought "Let's get him out ASAP". He adds no value to the way we want to play and behind the scenes he is undermining the squad.

Thanks LT for the odd flash of quality but that won't do at this level - 1 in 10 games!

Thanks Crapdiff you are welcome to him and his baggage.

I just hope we reinvest the fee and wages wisely on someone who fits our DNA. God knows how Tomlin slipped through our checks and balances???

Archived