IGNORED

Villa fan in peace

Holtey

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Pick the bike up from TM, cycle to the ground, lock it at the ground, return it to TM? Or am I not sticking to OTIB rules and being far too sensible here? 

The company that run YoBike will come and pick it up if it's reported as locked up, defeats the whole object of the scheme. 

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm 73 and can do it in 30 minutes.

That's good going, takes me that long to get to the Port Wall tavern (seat to seat) . Then I wait for the loving text, Get out here or I'll eave without you , I think it's the good ladies 'code' for take your time sweetie ;)

3 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

The company that run YoBike will come and pick it up if it's reported as locked up, defeats the whole object of the scheme. 

Yes, so what you do is vandalise the bit that makes it detectable.  

Jobs a goodn'!

I have problems with my legs that can make walking difficult and I'd say 30 minutes walking is about right as long as you catch the crossing at the bottom of station approach at the right time and you don't get tempted by any of the wonderful watering holes of Bedminster, they can turn a thirty minute walk into a three day one if you are not careful. 

9 hours ago, Welshback said:

You could also arrange for a taxi to collect you from somewhere like Spike Island arts centre, which is only a 10 minute walk from the ground and also a straight route to Temple Meads by road.

Local cab firms I use are:

Club Cars - 0117 966 6633

Yellow Cabs - 0117 923 1515

V Cars - 0117 925 2626

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I think this may be the best idea for us. I'll be with a couple of lads who are rather portly so a brisk 40 minute walk might be pushing it a bit. I'll keep these numbers to hand.

Will check back on here closer to the game, it's always good to get a feel for the opposition view. If you think your fans are pessimistic I can assure you it's exactly the same on our forums 99% of the time!

9 minutes ago, Holtey said:

Good job I'm not going back to Birmingham then really :D

A lot of lads are doing the weekend in Weston. Who knows, if we miss our train we may well be staying over ourselves!

You are indeed the lucky one! Especially if you aren't having to head to Birmingham OR Weston..!

What on earth posses people who are going to be in a great city like Bristol, opt for heading to Weston...?!

Anyway, have a good trip. Not 3 points good, but good in other aspects. 

7 hours ago, Leveller said:

I don't think they'll let him train on the platform. 

remember as a kid being shouted at by station staff for running on the platform, so they wont let you train.

but it still brings a smile to my face when stood on a platform and just in front of you it says "Please mind the Gap"

10 hours ago, Holtey said:

Good job I'm not going back to Birmingham then really :D

A lot of lads are doing the weekend in Weston. Who knows, if we miss our train we may well be staying over ourselves!

What is it with Brummies and their infatuation with WSM? 

I couldn't think of a worse place to be on a Friday night

11 minutes ago, cynic said:

Nearest seaside/beach (I use the terms very loosely) to Birmingham I suppose ?

Not really. Severn Beach is nearer but how would the Brummies know about that? The days when the Great Western Railway had advertising posters for holidays at "Sunny Severn Beach" are long one and the Blue Lagoon Swimming pool no longer exists.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Isn't that like someone saying "I go & watch Rovers, because I live in Filton"..?! 

I grew up in Filton and am ashamed to admit that the first professional game that my Dad took me to was "Them" versus Crystal Palace in March 1950. He then took me to Ashton Gate on Good Friday against Aldershot and set me on a life long love affair.

CTID!

58 minutes ago, harrys said:

What is it with Brummies and their infatuation with WSM? 

I couldn't think of a worse place to be on a Friday night

It is much the same with our lot and Blackpool anytime we play in the north west. 

I was chatting to some who stayed in Blackpool when we were away at Blackburn... why you would go to Blackpool when Liverpool and Manchester are just as close is beyond me.

23 hours ago, Welshback said:

You could also arrange for a taxi to collect you from somewhere like Spike Island arts centre, which is only a 10 minute walk from the ground and also a straight route to Temple Meads by road.

Local cab firms I use are:

Club Cars - 0117 966 6633

Yellow Cabs - 0117 923 1515

V Cars - 0117 925 2626

Best option if you don't want to walk - I usually get taxi outside Tobacco Factory - no problem if you make a smart getaway from the ground.

1 hour ago, cider-manc said:

It is much the same with our lot and Blackpool anytime we play in the north west. 

I was chatting to some who stayed in Blackpool when we were away at Blackburn... why you would go to Blackpool when Liverpool and Manchester are just as close is beyond me.

I think Blackpool is a tad livelier than Weston!

Blackpool also has a very pleasurable big theme park ride attraction by the beach. I can't remember what it's called though..! 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

I think Blackpool is a tad livelier than Weston!

Blackpool also has a very pleasurable big theme park ride attraction by the beach. I can't remember what it's called though..! 

It was called the 'Blackpool pleasure beach' the last time I went.

Archived