IGNORED

Worst 20 seconds of football ever...

cityexile

1 hour ago, 22A said:

I remember City kicking off at home (1970ish) to QPR and conceding a corner after just 20 seconds. :facepalm:

I remember one relegation season where we went one down after 20 seconds of the first game and we hadn't touched the ball. To add insult to injury one of my mates noted that by his watch we had kicked off early, so technically we were one down before the season had even started. :( 

1995-96 home to Blackpool; 0-1 after 12 seconds, then it was 0-2, but our two Aussies, Seal & Agostino, got us a draw.

Similarly away to PNE Boxing Day 1972. 0-1 after 12 seconds, then 0-2 after three mins. But City fought back to 2-2 only for Preston to take the lead shortly before half time. To everyone's surprise City scored the only goal of the 2nd half for a 3-3 draw.

The Blackpool game made it onto one of my favourite footy videos ever. "Danny Baker's freak football"

On the video, after a series of goals in the first minute he introduced our match with the comment "never mind, some people's seasons don't last that long..."

The video also included our floodlight failure in the cup against Liverpool with the comment "Don't you just love it when an entire crowd gives an ironic cheer. Wah-hey....for something like a floodlight failure... watch"

41 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I remember one relegation season where we went one down after 20 seconds of the first game and we hadn't touched the ball. To add insult to injury one of my mates noted that by his watch we had kicked off early, so technically we were one down before the season had even started. :( 

I remember that. Pretty sure we were relegated the previous year, but might have got that wrong. Got my season ticket, all that hope you have at the start of a new season, this year will be our year, then bam, 0-1 down at home.

10 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

The Blackpool game made it onto one of my favourite footy videos ever. "Danny Baker's freak football"

On the video, after a series of goals in the first minute he introduced our match with the comment "never mind, some people's seasons don't last that long..."

The video also included our floodlight failure in the cup against Liverpool with the comment "Don't you just love it when an entire crowd gives an ironic cheer. Wah-hey....for something like a floodlight failure... watch"

:laugh: I had that as well. See about 5:50 in - Remember the goal well :sad26:

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Wow. Didn't know it was on youtube. I knackered the tape I played it that much.

His voice over Kevin Keegan makes me crack up every time.

I also like "And a 12 year old Clive Allen says "oh no, It 'it the stanchion" :rofl2br:

Just now, Port Said Red said:

I also like "And a 12 year old Clive Allen says "oh no, It 'it the stanchion" :rofl2br:

Another favourite of mine:

The shout just before the free kick is taken:

"Get on with it you tossers"

Danny Bakers response:

"And with that, the tossers did"

:clapping:

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Another favourite of mine:

The shout just before the free kick is taken:

"Get on with it you tossers"

Danny Bakers response:

"And with that, the tossers did"

:clapping:

I'm just watching it now - I had forgotten "that's not a crowd going wild, that's Form 1B being told they haven't got school in the morning" 

Archived