IGNORED

Getting a dog to help with recovery.

Tipps69

Following on from the thread about possibly getting a dog, it got me thinking & in my fairly well known situation, I had been thinking about getting another dog (my last one died in March) & as it was my birthday yesterday, I decided that I needed a new hound to help me with my recovery!!

So today I went & bought this little princess......

IMG_1979.thumb.JPG.6ed4f889da0e181ac98872b97538b177.JPG

Meet Inca, my 7 week old Rottweiler!!

I'm hoping that with her help it will get me out & about & walking which I'm hoping will be the start of me on my recovery!!

As an update, I've been in loads of pain this week as my pain patches ran out on Sunday & I was unable to get anymore until today so I've had a pretty crappy week pain wise.

I will update with further pictures as she grows (or as she just happens to look cute).

She is beautiful. I think she will be a great help and you'll certainly have your hands full caring for her and training her which will be rewarding and great company. Please keep posting the photos, I'd love to see her grow up as MrRedM won't let me have a dog myself :sad26:

16 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

You're going to have your hands full.... looks lovely, enjoy.

I've had a Rottweiler before, so I know what works required & that's part of the reason for getting her (my last was a boy) but this one has such a personality already.

Just glad I didn't get the new carpets yet.

39 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Following on from the thread about possibly getting a dog, it got me thinking & in my fairly well known situation, I had been thinking about getting another dog (my last one died in March) & as it was my birthday yesterday, I decided that I needed a new hound to help me with my recovery!!

So today I went & bought this little princess......

IMG_1979.thumb.JPG.6ed4f889da0e181ac98872b97538b177.JPG

Meet Inca, my 7 week old Rottweiler!!

I'm hoping that with her help it will get me out & about & walking which I'm hoping will be the start of me on my recovery!!

As an update, I've been in loads of pain this week as my pain patches ran out on Sunday & I was unable to get anymore until today so I've had a pretty crappy week pain wise.

I will update with further pictures as she grows (or as she just happens to look cute).

She is a cutie

14 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

It's amazing just how small she is now, especially when I know just how big she is possibly going to be!!

She certainly had all the women's heads turning in the pet shop on the way home!!

Bring her Monday! I'll carry her round :D 

46 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Course she will. She can christen the pitch. I'd love to see a dog running around AG. 

Never mind the AG pitch, check @Tipps69 's lawn out..is that grass for real, I can't get mine looking like that ?!! (I have an excuse it's at a 45 degree angle) 

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Never mind the AG pitch, check @Tipps69 's lawn out..is that grass for real, I can't get mine looking like that ?!! (I have an excuse it's at a 45 degree angle) 

Sorry M but it's my very own 4G pitch (fake)!! Which is good news as Inca won't be traipsing mud through the house & I no longer need to cut the lawn, now I just need to hoover it every once in a while.

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Sorry M but it's my very own 4G pitch (fake)!! Which is good news as Inca won't be traipsing mud through the house & I no longer need to cut the lawn, now I just need to hoover it every once in a while.

Phew, brilliant idea as it's very practical, It looks very convincing though. 

Cool!  

Regarding animals and therapy I know of an autistic lad whose life was changed around by the owning of a dog.  A friend who is non-judgemental and forever loyal!

Research also indicates that the wellbeing of dementia residents improves while in the presence of animals and I've seen with my own eyes the sense of warmth and cohesion caused by the visit of dogs on a forensic mental health ward.

Mans best friend, eh?

19 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Cool!  

Regarding animals and therapy I know of an autistic lad whose life was changed around by the owning of a dog.  A friend who is non-judgemental and forever loyal!

Research also indicates that the wellbeing of dementia residents improves while in the presence of animals and I've seen with my own eyes the sense of warmth and cohesion caused by the visit of dogs on a forensic mental health ward.

Mans best friend, eh?

Defo. Nothing in the animal world comes close to the unrequited love of a dog for his or her owner.

I am a cynical, cold bastard of the highest order but dogs melt my icy heart.

Just now, One Team In Keynsham said:

Defo. Nothing in the animal world comes close to the unrequited love of a dog for his or her owner.

I am a cynical, cold bastard of the highest order but dogs melt my icy heart.

I have an uncle who is up there as one of the most miserable bastards on the face of the planet.  

If it was just him and his Alsatian he'd be fine!

Archived