IGNORED

Getting a dog to help with recovery.

Tipps69

So I bought this little fella from the club shop after my first visit to the refurbished Ashton Gate after @Dollymarie very kindly organised a stadium tour for me.

Since he's taken his place in the garden, Inca has actually barked for the first time & likes pounce around barking at him, sooo cute!!IMG_2008.thumb.JPG.0fb06c4747a459ce757ff57c63c2a07d.JPG

Just now, Tipps69 said:

So I bought this little fella from the club shop after my first visit to the refurbished Ashton Gate after @Dollymarie very kindly organised a stadium tour for me.

Since he's taken his place in the garden, Inca has actually barked for the first time & likes pounce around barking at him, sooo cute!!

My pleasure :) 

On 14/07/2017 at 20:19, Tipps69 said:

Following on from the thread about possibly getting a dog, it got me thinking & in my fairly well known situation, I had been thinking about getting another dog (my last one died in March) & as it was my birthday yesterday, I decided that I needed a new hound to help me with my recovery!!

So today I went & bought this little princess......

IMG_1979.thumb.JPG.6ed4f889da0e181ac98872b97538b177.JPG

Meet Inca, my 7 week old Rottweiler!!

I'm hoping that with her help it will get me out & about & walking which I'm hoping will be the start of me on my recovery!!

As an update, I've been in loads of pain this week as my pain patches ran out on Sunday & I was unable to get anymore until today so I've had a pretty crappy week pain wise.

I will update with further pictures as she grows (or as she just happens to look cute).

I bet the postman is delighted.

tfj

9 minutes ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

I bet the postman is delighted.

tfj

Irrelevant of what breed & age she is, she can't get to the front door anyway (it's in the hallway) but the UPS delivery driver loves her & has asked us to order more stuff for him to deliver so he can come back & see her regularly.

But on saying that, one of our neighbours, who has been our neighbour for 40+ years, seen Inca this morning for the first time & was all goo goo over her then asked what breed she is & when told, her response was like I had a lion in the garden or something!! All dogs can be evil bastards if that's the way you treat them!! But Inca is 100% treated like a queen & hasn't destroyed a single thing despite teething.IMG_2014.thumb.JPG.424fc7294751ecc3675a173804dfd0b0.JPGWhat an absolute 'devil dog'!!

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Irrelevant of what breed & age she is, she can't get to the front door anyway (it's in the hallway) but the UPS delivery driver loves her & has asked us to order more stuff for him to deliver so he can come back & see her regularly.

But on saying that, one of our neighbours, who has been our neighbour for 40+ years, seen Inca this morning for the first time & was all goo goo over her then asked what breed she is & when told, her response was like I had a lion in the garden or something!! All dogs can be evil bastards if that's the way you treat them!! But Inca is 100% treated like a queen & hasn't destroyed a single thing despite teething.IMG_2014.thumb.JPG.424fc7294751ecc3675a173804dfd0b0.JPGWhat an absolute 'devil dog'!!

The breed of dog you have purchased has a fair level of intelligence.

It is merely 'grooming' the UPS driver for 'when the time comes'.

If you can live with that level of blood loss, then you need not worry.

:thumbsup:

tfj

I've had Rottweiler's before & never had a problem with them.

In the wrong hands a Shi-Tsu can be trained / taught / antagonised into biting / attacking anyone or anything.

My previous Rottweiler was attacked by a Labrador, my Rottweiler was on his lead & was behaving properly while the Labrador wasn't on a lead & approached my dog & attacked him!! Should I now see all Labradors as evil dogs? I don't btw because I'm not judgemental enough to categorise every dog by a careless owners actions!! And I've never been bitten by a Rottweiler other than when playing.

Don't get me wrong, if I wanted to get my dog to bite & attack people, I'm sure I could but I'm not & never have been that sort of person!

And my puppy has made such a positive impact on myself that I wouldn't be without her.

So Inca is now 15 & a half weeks old & has been allowed out fully for a couple of weeks.

It's been great as it's actually got me out, I take her out 3 times a day, even if it is only for 15 minutes a time although I have managed to get her over the local fields & let her off her lead & she hasn't run off once, she's been in the stream & in the pond & has mixed with other dogs with no signs of any aggression from her or towards her & all other dog owners / walkers have commented on what a beautiful dog she is & how good she is.

And despite a few small issues that you'd expect with all puppies (chewing things & playing up a bit), she has been the perfect companion & even my little walking group have commented on what a difference there is in me, as a person & in my ability to walk faster & further & it's all down to Inca.

She now has ownership of her own seat, looking out of the window so she can see who's coming (although my daughter isn't happy as it's her favourite chair as well).

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG

18 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

So Inca is now 15 & a half weeks old & has been allowed out fully for a couple of weeks.

It's been great as it's actually got me out, I take her out 3 times a day, even if it is only for 15 minutes a time although I have managed to get her over the local fields & let her off her lead & she hasn't run off once, she's been in the stream & in the pond & has mixed with other dogs with no signs of any aggression from her or towards her & all other dog owners / walkers have commented on what a beautiful dog she is & how good she is.

And despite a few small issues that you'd expect with all puppies (chewing things & playing up a bit), she has been the perfect companion & even my little walking group have commented on what a difference there is in me, as a person & in my ability to walk faster & further & it's all down to Inca.

She now has ownership of her own seat, looking out of the window so she can see who's coming (although my daughter isn't happy as it's her favourite chair as well).

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG

Really pleased that everything is going well and that she is aiding your recovery.

Best bit of advice about chewing is, never allow her to have toys she can rip to shreds like teddy bears etc. use only proper hard dog toys, better for her teeth as well.

Keep the updates coming, loving it.

46 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Really pleased that everything is going well and that she is aiding your recovery.

Best bit of advice about chewing is, never allow her to have toys she can rip to shreds like teddy bears etc. use only proper hard dog toys, better for her teeth as well.

Keep the updates coming, loving it.

The funny thing being is that her own toys she hasn't destroyed, her original owner gave us Inca's original teddy (which had the smell of Inca's parents on etc) & she chews it & shakes it aggressively but there isn't any sign of damage to it! Yet she's stolen cup / glass coasters & ripped them to shreds :laugh:.

Inca's just had her latest visit to the vets, weighing in at 11.8kg's that's over 3kg's put on in a month & I've been warned that she's going to be a very large dog who will possibly weigh between 40 & 65kg's but I honestly can't see her getting that big.

She gets no treats or human food, just her own kibble which is sometimes used for treat purposes but only when she has done something that needs praising & to reassert the fact that she has done something right.

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

She gets no treats or human food, just her own kibble which is sometimes used for treat purposes but only when she has done something that needs praising & to reassert the fact that she has done something right.

Dolly does the same with me !

8 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Just hope she doesn't want to sit there in 6 months time Tipps!!!!

I fear at that time she'll be sitting where ever the hell she likes!!

It's funny because when we first had her, for about the first 6 weeks or so, I used to sit on the floor to play with her rather than encouraging her to come up on the furniture while other family members would encourage her & let her up.

Now she's beating them to sit in their preferred seat(s) & they complain about her being in their seat & they can't sit down & I'm expected to get her out of the chair for them to sit down!!

I tried to bring her up not being allowed on the furniture because knowing when she was going to be 'big' when grown, she would own the furniture but while she's 'small' & so cute it was funny to see her trying to get up on the furniture! They don't find it quite so funny now but don't let me say 'I told you so'!  :P

Inca has a bit of illness on Tuesday, sick & looking like she was going to pass out & literally not moving!! Rushed to the vet, she had a bit of a temperature & they think gastroenteritis!! So 2 lots of tablets, an anti-sickness injection & some paste substance, she is now back to being much more like herself.

She’ll be 18 weeks old tomorrow.

6B2B3990-9FC7-4583-B766-CF34DC277FB0.thumb.jpeg.e48487547a86041fb6edcc0640c48ac1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Inca has a bit of illness on Tuesday, sick & looking like she was going to pass out & literally not moving!! Rushed to the vet, she had a bit of a temperature & they think gastroenteritis!! So 2 lots of tablets, an anti-sickness injection & some paste substance, she is now back to being much more like herself.

She’ll be 18 weeks old tomorrow.

6B2B3990-9FC7-4583-B766-CF34DC277FB0.thumb.jpeg.e48487547a86041fb6edcc0640c48ac1.jpeg

Beauty as ever Tipps, glad she is on the fix. :)

• Admin

That’s the trouble with dogs in general and especially pups, is how quickly they go downhill when ill. Dogs dehydrate really quickly compared to humans so any serious diarrhoea or vomiting is best dealt with by a prompt vet visit.  Lovely looking pup, glad she’s on the mend.  The other side of the coin, is that they recover really quickly as well.

Archived