IGNORED

Diedhiou

Tomlins_toe

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

And fall over his own feet?

If he is as good as Wayne I'll be more than happy.

Ask his strike partners (like Marcus Stewart at Huddersfield) just how good he was..

47 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You've missed the point - that early picture was taken when he first signed, and was about 21/22. He 'filled out' naturally I think over the course of the few years he was here.

People go on as if he added an inordinate amount of muscle over one pre season - which is simply ridiculous and almost impossible for an endurance athlete.

The first picture actually is from Chesterfield away in 14/15, which was the last away game of the campaign. The other one is from first home game of 15/16. Just for balance... 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You've missed the point - that early picture was taken when he first signed, and was about 21/22. He 'filled out' naturally I think over the course of the few years he was here.

People go on as if he added an inordinate amount of muscle over one pre season - which is simply ridiculous and almost impossible for an endurance athlete.

Ones from the end of April, ones from early august. That, in my book, is over the course of one preseason.

It's perfectly possible to add a fair amount of muscle over the course of three months. 

15 minutes ago, HLR said:

The first picture actually is from Chesterfield away in 14/15, which was the last away game of the campaign. The other one is from first home game of 15/16. Just for balance... 

3 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Ones from the end of April, ones from early august. That, in my book, is over the course of one preseason.

It's perfectly possible to add a fair amount of muscle over the course of three months. 

Disagree with you both but I've got better things to do than debate a football player's physique on a Sunday! 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Disagree with you both but I've got better things to do than debate a football player's physique on a Sunday! 

What do you disagree with about HLR's post?

He hasn't put any opinion to disagree with, just fact. The first photo is Chesterfield away, by which time we'd already won the title. The second was Brentford at home, the first game of the following season, in which Freeman got sent off. 

Taking everything into account, I thought it was a very good debut from Famara, he showed some lovely touches, strength, and looked very physical! He had a ball fizzed into him with their centre half right up his backside, and he took it on the half turn and left the CB for dead, he also took a high ball down dropping over his shoulder right on the touchline beautifully, he made most of his runs to the near post first half, and every cross got chipped to the far post, and in the second half Pisano hit a cross near post, and he'd drifted to the back post, given that he has only been here a week, give it a few games, and work on the training ground, and we'll have a top player on our hands! COYR

7 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Also I should say that, i'm fully aware that it's only Yeovil, but we played some sensational stuff yesterday at times. Great to see this young team coming together, if we can find that consistency that eluded us last season, hopefully we'll be in for a less stressful time.

I agree. At times yesterday I found myself applauding and saying "lovely football" as we knocked it about and formed some lovely patterns of play. 

My concerns about Pisano are best left to the other contentious thread, but it was great to see Patto looking like he's ready to pick up where he left off at the end of last season. 

3 hours ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Also I should say that, i'm fully aware that it's only Yeovil, but we played some sensational stuff yesterday at times. Great to see this young team coming together, if we can find that consistency that eluded us last season, hopefully we'll be in for a less stressful time.

The highlights showed some exellent moves.  Glad it's not all doom and gloom for some.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Bicester Red said:

poor scoring record!

Why did we buy him

I hope I am wrong?

Who, Famara?  8 in 31 in French top league.  Same scoring ratio here in 46 would be 12.  Okay, we'd want a few more, but if he got 15/16 (that's 3 or 4 more than his French top League ratio....in a low scoring, defensive Angers side) that would be a decent return.

The often quoted 1 in 2 benchmark, is not a benchmark, it's a high set bar that only the top strikers achieve in this country over a series of seasons.  Of course there are exceptions.  If you take out penalties from some strikers it brings that ratio down too.

Lets also not forget that we should judge him on not just goals, but team contribution, assists etc.  Who was our striker in the playoff season...name escapes me....9 goals wasn't it, from about 35 appearances?

6 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

You're quite simply wrong here bud. Anyone can 'bulk up' with the right food and gym work. 

"Freeman didn't bulk up" :facepalm:

IMG_0926.thumb.JPG.72390431653ab2777b0721af8bf85585.JPGIMG_0927.thumb.JPG.279e6114496271cc8748d7e9acda481a.JPG

There is something about that bloke which wound me up whilst he was here, and even more so looking back now.

Must be the long hair, gypo look, muggy cockney accent. Glad he's gone.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

There is something about that bloke which wound me up whilst he was here, and even more so looking back now.

Must be the long hair, gypo look, muggy cockney accent. Glad he's gone.

The fact he couldn't get assists from open play and he'd be out until the early hours of Sunday almost every week annoyed me a bit. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

The highlights showed some exellent moves.  Glad it's not all doom and gloom for some.  Thanks.

I think the end of last season showed that with the partnerships of Flint & Wright, and Pack & Smith in the spine of the team we can be a force, lots of promise from the young lads, Brownhill, Paterson, O'dowda, & Reid, coupled with the new right back & striker and we are starting to look pretty sensible! Fingers crossed!

Archived