IGNORED

Garlandsweden 60 years young!

bristolcitysweden

The longest serving Scandinavian Bristol City supporter is 60 years old today. In July 1970 City beat Holstein Kiel away in a pre season friendly by two goals to nil with Chris Garland scoring both goals in Gerry Gows City debut. Guess who was there? A thirteen year old Mikael Moltzen.

Mikael is the most warm hearted City fan you can think of. He comes off far better in real life than on OTIB where he is always very positive and supportive.

In real life (Bristol) he is a total mess and totally committed.

COYR!

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Loads of respect, but the first thing that always pops into my head when I think ohttps://twitter.com/gustavvengvall?lang=sv him f the Swedish brigade...."for the love of God, WHY?"

We all carry our own story. "Garlands" is that his parents took him on holliday to Laboe next to Kiel and his uncle brought him to the City friendly. The rest is history.

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Loads of respect, but the first thing that always pops into my head when I think of the Swedish brigade...."for the love of God, WHY?"

Cos in those days, English football was big abroad. If you saw'm on the telly or live, you somehow fell in love. C'mon think of all the Europeans who love English football - Denis Bergkamp being named, and precisely spelt, after Denis Law for example. There are scores of Leeds, Man U, Liverpool fans across Europe because we were big news then. Something exotic, something from the 'home of football' (and not long after we'd won the WC), something passionate. 

Archived