IGNORED

Game of Thrones (Merged)

Lrrr

Surprised there's not already a thread for this, however thoughts on the first episode?

I thought it was pretty good for an opening episode, progressed everything along nicely. The opening scene was fantastic and I thought the Lannister soldiers scene then played well off of that. I've seen loads of people complaining about the Ed Sheeran cameo but didn't think it was bad myself, acting was decent enough for the small part. Only bad part was I happened to be eating during Sam's montage :mellow:

I too was suprised there wasn't already a thread.

Not a bad first episode, set everything up nicely, but was expecting more action to happen if I'm honest.

Did anyone notice what looked like Jorah Mormont of Bear Island who Samwell Tarly was feeding porridge to?

Just now, SARJ said:

Did anyone notice what looked like Jorah Mormont of Bear Island who Samwell Tarly was feeding porridge to?

Of course, the clue was in the greyscale on the arm.

Mormont was told by Daenyris to seek a cure. Where else would he go other than the citadel of maestres?

Really liking The Hound's story arc. Redemption on offer and it looks like he's taking it. Not sure if he will ever get to fight his brother, i can't see a reason for him to be in Kings Landing (at least not yet) and likewise for The Mountain to follow him north.

Brotherhood without Banners to stand and fall with the wildlings at Eastwatch by the Sea?

Littlefinger due his comeuppance but i suspect he still has a trick or two.

It's been mentioned that Euron Greyjoy's (seems even more unstable than Ramsay) "gift" for the Queen could be some mystical horn that can control dragons? Not sure if they will bring that into the TV series, if they don't then how about a few sandsnake heads?

I think we could see Winterfell fall to the white walkers come the season end.

We all knew Walder Frey was dead so whilst nice to see the Frey's get poisoned we all knew what was happening and by who. Can't help think this scene would have been the perfect ending to last season , it would have been more of a surprise/shock we would have thought it was Walder, and he is marshalling /informing his family of his intentions and that he has heard news of  the Starks., it would have been a much better ending - Arya walking off. "Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe. Tell them the North Remembers,  Winter came for house Frey."

Then where she killed Walder could have been a 20 / 30 second part of the recap at the begining of this series.

I enjoyed the episode, still unsure how the IronBorn managed to make a 1000 ships in such a short time, or how they can suddenly man so many. 

Jorah, if he gets cured because Sam just happens to find a book on the shelves of the Maesters library I am going to feel very cheated.

But over all it felt good, and interesting to see where we are headed.

4 hours ago, Gazred said:

It's been mentioned that Euron Greyjoy's (seems even more unstable than Ramsay) "gift" for the Queen could be some mystical horn that can control dragons? Not sure if they will bring that into the TV series, if they don't then how about a few sandsnake heads?

Enron will be after Tyrrions head.

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

We all knew Walder Frey was dead so whilst nice to see the Frey's get poisoned we all knew what was happening and by who. Can't help think this scene would have been the perfect ending to last season , it would have been more of a surprise/shock we would have thought it was Walder, and he is marshalling /informing his family of his intentions and that he has heard news of  the Starks., it would have been a much better ending - Arya walking off. "Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe. Tell them the North Remembers,  Winter came for house Frey."

Then where she killed Walder could have been a 20 / 30 second part of the recap at the begining of this series.

I enjoyed the episode, still unsure how the IronBorn managed to make a 1000 ships in such a short time, or how they can suddenly man so many. 

Jorah, if he gets cured because Sam just happens to find a book on the shelves of the Maesters library I am going to feel very cheated.

But over all it felt good, and interesting to see where we are headed.

There were unrealistic bits in the episode, like the Iron Born fleet but overall I really enjoyed it. To see Ed Sherrin was a bit of a surprise to me......

Best show on TV at the moment is Game of Thrones. Can hardly wait to next weeks episode.

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Thoughts on tonights episode?

Good to see a bloody battle between the Greyjoys but sad to see Theon bottling it again. 

Looking forward to seeing an allegiance between the King of the North and Dany (who looked stunning again) Cersei seriously needs to die now.

How did Eurons fleet see Yaras and engage with those fire catapaults before Yaras sleet could even see them - and how did Euron manage to hone into her ship so easily... man the whole thing felt a mess, Euron suffered so may injuries how did he still stand and beat Yara like that.

It felt like one of those holding episodes to be honest where we see the story and the pieces moving / in motion without much really happening, which is fair enough. But in all, one of the weaker episodes. 

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

How did Eurons fleet see Yaras and engage with those fire catapaults before Yaras sleet could even see them - and how did Euron manage to hone into her ship so easily... man the whole thing felt a mess, Euron suffered so may injuries how did he still stand and beat Yara like that.

It felt like one of those holding episodes to be honest where we see the story and the pieces moving / in motion without much really happening, which is fair enough. But in all, one of the weaker episodes. 

Yeah the talking point at the moment is how did Euron obtain such a large fleet in what we can only assume is a short period of time. All that is needed is a swift attack using three dragons and the enemy would be crushed.

6 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah the talking point at the moment is how did Euron obtain such a large fleet in what we can only assume is a short period of time. All that is needed is a swift attack using three dragons and the enemy would be crushed.

Did he not have most of the fleet anyways when he was proclaimed King? I rememebr the other Greyjoys legging it away from the Iron Islands with only like 40 boats.

That aside, enjoyed last nights episode more than episode 1. Lots going on, and now Daenerys has lost half her army, things are going to be interesting.

23 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Did he not have most of the fleet anyways when he was proclaimed King? I rememebr the other Greyjoys legging it away from the Iron Islands with only like 40 boats.

That aside, enjoyed last nights episode more than episode 1. Lots going on, and now Daenerys has lost half her army, things are going to be interesting.

They should gain the north and I would imagine that they will attack the Lannister stronghold as they have had far too much luck so far.

7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah the talking point at the moment is how did Euron obtain such a large fleet in what we can only assume is a short period of time. 

I wasn't sure sure how long it was. If it was a year then Euron could have amassed a large fleet or he's recruited an unknown ally.....

Cockless Theon, mentally and physically destroyed by Ramsey dived into the sea to avoid tackling Euron but he was seen bobbing and looking up at the ship and I reckon that's the turning point in his story. He'll sneak aboard an murder Euron........

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wasn't sure sure how long it was. If it was a year then Euron could have amassed a large fleet or he's recruited an unknown ally.....

Cockless Theon, mentally and physically destroyed by Ramsey dived into the sea to avoid tackling Euron but he was seen bobbing and looking up at the ship and I reckon that's the turning point in his story. He'll sneak aboard an murder Euron........

He's now my most hated character in the series, more so than Cersei. Cannot wait until his demise.

17 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

He's now my most hated character in the series, more so than Cersei. Cannot wait until his demise.

Cersei is my favorite. Been rooting for her from the early days. The most deviant scheming ruthless wench I've ever known, and fair play to her. Made the series far more interesting.

6 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Cersei is my favorite. Been rooting for her from the early days. The most deviant scheming ruthless wench I've ever known, and fair play to her. Made the series far more interesting.

As Tywin said, she's not as clever as she thinks she is.

Whether he kills her or not I definitely see him switching sides, he's starting to see how bat shit crazy she's becoming and starting to become like the mad king. I think Jaime will swap sides (killing her or not) and become the general of Daenerys' army. 

9 minutes ago, hodge said:

Whether he kills her or not I definitely see him switching sides, he's starting to see how bat shit crazy she's becoming and starting to become like the mad king. I think Jaime will swap sides (killing her or not) and become the general of Daenerys' army. 

That's a good shout.

Deep down Jamie is a good guy even though he loves and shags his sister he'd stop her if he sees her becoming a crazed despot - which is very likely.

1 hour ago, SARJ said:

I would say little finger is the most scheming. Cersei has lost almost everything including her very satisfying "shame!" walk through kings landing. 

8 hours ago, SARJ said:

It was not a large fleet - he told the Iron born he wanted them to build 1000 ships, which I am guessing are these as none of the other iron born ships looked like these.

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I would say little finger is the most scheming. Cersei has lost almost everything including her very satisfying "shame!" walk through kings landing. 

He was at one point my bet for the overall winner of the game of thrones but he seems to have lost his way and his schemes all but dried up... though he has done pretty well for himself.

Archived