Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

hodge

Game of Thrones (Merged)

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Are you sure you weren`t watching the CCTV from a Saturday night in Horfield?

Positive.

Ain't no cliffs in Horfield.

• Haha 1

On 13/10/2018 at 02:11, Busterrimes said:

A little off topic but as GofT is based on the novels by George R R Martin fans of Fantasy novels may be happy to hear that Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time is greenlit for production as are The Dresden Files by ~Jim Butcher plus my favourite The Black Company by Glen Cook.

I am looking forward to all of these.

Better half is going to lose it when I tell her Wheel of Time is greenlit. 

9 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Yeah Hubby said the same. The first season is poor compared to the rest. But I'm just one of those people, I wasn't hooked so I can't persevere.

I thought Blackadder 1, was shite but Percyvered and loved the next three series they were fab and the last ever episode made me cry not bad for a comedy show.

16 hours ago, Rinkadink said:

Better half is going to lose it when I tell her Wheel of Time is greenlit. 

You might warn her of the other two as well. Books wise the Dresden files and Black Company are brilliant. 

On 30/10/2018 at 11:06, Septic Peg said:

Hubby and me had a bet, he'd watch an hour of something I selected and vice versa. He's a big Game of Thrones fan so that's what he picked for me. So I watched series 1 episode 1 of GOT. Load of naked women, some cute wolf pups, blokes in fake furs, a brother giving his sister a seeing too and pushing a kid off a cliff.

Turned it off after that. No thanks.

It's set in Whorefield?

On 11/10/2018 at 20:45, Red DNA said:

Star Wars? No

Bond film? No

Game of Thrones? No (been to Dubrovnik twice though and apparently walked through many of the locations episodes were filmed at). 

Friends? No -shudder at just hearing that inane tune let alone the canned ‘laughter’. 

Big Bother? No 

I’m a ‘celebrity’ get me out of here? No 

Inside many pubs interacting with real people? YES!

Hospital for liver transplant. Yes .

• Like 1

On 30/10/2018 at 22:54, reddoh said:

I thought Blackadder 1, was shite but Percyvered and loved the next three series they were fab and the last ever episode made me cry not bad for a comedy show.

We're all different.  Whilst I liked the whole lot I thought the first series was the best.

On 30/10/2018 at 14:44, Ska Junkie said:

GoT, decent as it is, ain't no Peaky Blinders is it? Now, that is brilliant, absolutely sensational television. :comando:

Image result for by order of the peaky blinders gif

It’s great, only problem is there isn’t enough of it 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

It’s great, only problem is there isn’t enough of it 😉

Luckily, I've got the whole lot via IPTV. As I have to waste a few days leave, I've watched all of series 1, 2 and 3 again in the last few days. Just starting series 4 again now.

By all accounts, series 5 is being made at the moment. :)

30 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Luckily, I've got the whole lot via IPTV. As I have to waste a few days leave, I've watched all of series 1, 2 and 3 again in the last few days. Just starting series 4 again now.

By all accounts, series 5 is being made at the moment. :)

My daughter is a huge fan of GoT and reads any material related to the show - yes, the next series 8 I think is in production right now.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

My daughter is a huge fan of GoT and reads any material related to the show - yes, the next series 8 I think is in production right now.

I hope shes old enough to read those books..... they are very... detailed 

9 minutes ago, Sturny said:

I hope shes old enough to read those books..... they are very... detailed 

She’s 33..........

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

She’s 33..........

Should've known you were an old rascal when I saw you replying to someone talking about Peaky Blinders not GoT 😋

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hodge said:

HYPE!

GoT doesn’t need HYPE......

The final series has been anticipated virtually world wide    ffs..............

Its been the best drama show on tv for decades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

GoT doesn’t need HYPE......

The final series has been anticipated virtually world wide    ffs..............

Its been the best drama show on tv for decades.

Think you've mis-read the context there a bit... ffs.....

15 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think you've mis-read the context there a bit... ffs.....

What have I misread?

It's a shame it had such a large gap in between the seasons. I used to look forward to them so much, I will watch them but no where near as invested/excited as I was.

27 minutes ago, Fiale said:

It's a shame it had such a large gap in between the seasons. I used to look forward to them so much, I will watch them but no where near as invested/excited as I was.

Wait until you see the first half hour of the first episode of series 8.

32 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I know what you mean, it seems a long time since the last season.

But I’m sure a few minutes into the new season I’ll be back on board the hype train.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I know what you mean, it seems a long time since the last season.

But I’m sure a few minutes into the new season I’ll be back on board the hype train.

Not for us, we got into it late, and have only just finished season 7 last weekend.

All fresh in the mind :rolleyes:

As Sky/NowTV are showing this at the same time as America, I’m hoping that it’ll be available on demand tomorrow morning so I can watch it before my son wakes up. 

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

As Sky/NowTV are showing this at the same time as America, I’m hoping that it’ll be available on demand tomorrow morning so I can watch it before my son wakes up. 

Pretty sure it was for the last couple of seasons 

23 minutes ago, hodge said:

Pretty sure it was for the last couple of seasons 

That’s good to know, I just need to hope the little sod has a lie in tomorrow! 

4 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

That’s good to know, I just need to hope the little sod has a lie in tomorrow! 

If it is then its great for me, been told I can work from home tomorrow in the day as I need to be out for work in the evening when its on 

It was available when I woke up (6am) and my toddler wasn’t selfish/stupid enough to wake up while I was watching it.

A solid episode I thought, nothing too spectacular yet but dangled the promise of fireworks to come.

Some nice reunions but mainly window dressing as you would expect. It's going to kick off from Ep3 onwards.

I’ve just binged out on the whole of season 1 and it changes everything when you can make the connections with the characters and their families, allegiances etc . 

I was creating my own story first time round and missed quite a lot of the subtlety of the plots .

Imo it peaked at Season 4. Up until then it is driven by the characters and the actual books.

Since they got beyond the books it has become a bit more of an action-fest. More focus on dragons and the army of the dead.

While I still love watching it that is mainly because of being invested in the characters developed in those earlier series for me.

• Like 2

On 15/04/2019 at 12:45, Major Isewater said:

I’ve just binged out on the whole of season 1 and it changes everything when you can make the connections with the characters and their families, allegiances etc . 

I was creating my own story first time round and missed quite a lot of the subtlety of the plots .

It has seriously good re-watch value when you know characters motives before they're clear 

On 16/04/2019 at 07:12, robin_unreliant said:

Imo it peaked at Season 4. Up until then it is driven by the characters and the actual books.

Since they got beyond the books it has become a bit more of an action-fest. More focus on dragons and the army of the dead.

While I still love watching it that is mainly because of being invested in the characters developed in those earlier series for me.

I agree but it's still darn good 

• Like 1