IGNORED

Game of Thrones (Merged)

Lrrr

Whether this is enough to get the interest of those of you who have never watched it, but it's loosely based on the history of Europe and it's development, particularly around the time of Eleanor of Aquitaine, perhaps one of the most powerful women in history. Of course it's dressed up with sorcery and dragons (ok and tits, although they are less visible as the series progresses), but it has some interesting political story lines. 
Oh and it's almost worth watching just for Peter Dinklage, particularly his double act with Jerome Flynn, whom I was surprised to find is a pretty good actor. 

14 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I thought I was the only person in the world who had never seen a Bond film or Star Wars! Never seen Game of Thrones either, but I did see where they film it last year and a weird avenue of trees which was something to do with it as well, somewhere in the north of Ireland.

Miah,

You are referring to The Dark Hedges which is next to the Grace Hill Golf Club not far from us.

It's about 10 miles south of the Giant's Causeway which was once described as the place you have to visit but when you get there you wonder what all the fuss is about. The National Trust make a fortune out of it as most tourists think you have to pay £15 pp to access the stones through their overpriced and boring visitor centre. If the tourists only knew that there are public footpaths around the building which are free!

The road has now been closed for good because a gashead last year ruined it!  Was it you? Actually, too many tourists visit this road so it's been closed for elf and safety.

I, too, have never watched a single episode even though it is/was filmed all around here. 

Never mind GofT, bring your golf clubs next time. Northern Ireland has the best courses in the British Isles.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

There’s another City fan from Game of Thrones. The lad who plays Greyworm, the commander of the Unsullied eunuch army. Jacob Anderson is his name. He also goes by the name Raleigh Ritchie as his stage name for his rap/music act. 

I think that given the storyline it could be possible that Greyworm and Arya meet in the next series and that opens a range of possible on screen introductions:

“Hi Ayra I haven’t seen you on the natch wall for a while”

19 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I'll match that and raise you ,vnever seen a minute of any Star Wars films 

With you on that, Horse

On saying that I never thought GoT would be my thing at all. Absolutely love it, although the last series got a little daft. Well worth a watch if you're 50/50 on stuff like that

3 hours ago, Sturny said:

I don't even have a TV license and never will. 

When they come knocking on my door I go full Ann Frank and hide 

Just to state a fact, TV licence inspectors  have absolutely zero authority, they can only prosecute when someone admits to watching TV without a licence and then sign their declaration to that fact, very few people have a licence in KW, personally i’m all for the licence and a big fan of the BBC

5 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Miah,

You are referring to The Dark Hedges which is next to the Grace Hill Golf Club not far from us.

It's about 10 miles south of the Giant's Causeway which was once described as the place you have to visit but when you get there you wonder what all the fuss is about. The National Trust make a fortune out of it as most tourists think you have to pay £15 pp to access the stones through their overpriced and boring visitor centre. If the tourists only knew that there are public footpaths around the building which are free!

The road has now been closed for good because a gashead last year ruined it!  Was it you? Actually, too many tourists visit this road so it's been closed for elf and safety.

I, too, have never watched a single episode even though it is/was filmed all around here. 

Never mind GofT, bring your golf clubs next time. Northern Ireland has the best courses in the British Isles.

That was the place! I was actually on my way back from the Giants Causeway! Is it the dark hedges road that has been closed? There were loads of people stopping when we were there. It is a lovely part of the world you live in, and I will be back there as soon as I can, no golf clubs though, I am to golf what Rovers are to stadium building.

23 hours ago, Robbored said:

You don’t watch Game of Thrones?..........jeez you must be the only one on here who doesn’t - unless you don’t have a tv of course.

You don’t half say some strange things.

It’s on Sky for starters, which will immediately limit the audience.

Even the most-watched television programmes (see: Bodyguard) only tend to draw 12-14m, which is about 20% of the population. 

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That was the place! I was actually on my way back from the Giants Causeway! Is it the dark hedges road that has been closed? There were loads of people stopping when we were there. It is a lovely part of the world you live in, and I will be back there as soon as I can, no golf clubs though, I am to golf what Rovers are to stadium building.

Yep Miah, it is the Dark Hedges road that's now closed. The golf club can't believe how fortunate it is. Their car park does a roaring trade now!

Next time you come over, please PM me and I'll gladly meet you both and show you more of the sights that you will love. You'll recognise me by the shirt I'll be wearing! 

Ps if you intend to camp, you could bring one of the stands from the Mem plus their disabled seating.

A little off topic but as GofT is based on the novels by George R R Martin fans of Fantasy novels may be happy to hear that Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time is greenlit for production as are The Dresden Files by ~Jim Butcher plus my favourite The Black Company by Glen Cook.

I am looking forward to all of these.

4 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

A little off topic but as GofT is based on the novels by George R R Martin fans of Fantasy novels may be happy to hear that Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time is greenlit for production as are The Dresden Files by ~Jim Butcher plus my favourite The Black Company by Glen Cook.

I am looking forward to all of these.

I`m waiting for `Otherland` to come out as a movie (or more likely, a trilogy), Warner Bros have the rights but I don`t think production has begun yet. That has the makings of something truly spectacular if they do it right.

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m waiting for `Otherland` to come out as a movie (or more likely, a trilogy), Warner Bros have the rights but I don`t think production has begun yet. That has the makings of something truly spectacular if they do it right.

If that is the Tad Williams series I’ve not read those. I read Tad’s earlier series but thought it was only okay.

On 11/10/2018 at 19:45, Red DNA said:

Star Wars? No

Bond film? No

Game of Thrones? No (been to Dubrovnik twice though and apparently walked through many of the locations episodes were filmed at). 

Friends? No -shudder at just hearing that inane tune let alone the canned ‘laughter’. 

Big Bother? No 

I’m a ‘celebrity’ get me out of here? No 

Inside many pubs interacting with real people? YES!

You hero

Hubby and me had a bet, he'd watch an hour of something I selected and vice versa. He's a big Game of Thrones fan so that's what he picked for me. So I watched series 1 episode 1 of GOT. Load of naked women, some cute wolf pups, blokes in fake furs, a brother giving his sister a seeing too and pushing a kid off a cliff.

Turned it off after that. No thanks.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Hubby and me had a bet, he'd watch an hour of something I selected and vice versa. He's a big Game of Thrones fan so that's what he picked for me. So I watched series 1 episode 1 of GOT. Load of naked women, some cute wolf pups, blokes in fake furs, a brother giving his sister a seeing too and pushing a kid off a cliff.

@Septic Peg you started off selling it so well, but think I will give it a miss

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Mrs. The Bad really hated the first episode and couldn't understand why our 2 grown up children were so keen for us to watch it..

She was persuaded to watch more and is now a big fan.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Mrs. The Bad really hated the first episode and couldn't understand why our 2 grown up children were so keen for us to watch it..

She was persuaded to watch more and is now a big fan.

Yeah Hubby said the same. The first season is poor compared to the rest. But I'm just one of those people, I wasn't hooked so I can't persevere.

12 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Are you sure you weren`t watching the CCTV from a Saturday night in Horfield?

Archived