IGNORED

Who is this?

Saunders87

2 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

Your point is invalid as there is mixed nationalities in the picture - the vans was an after thought but didn't delete the previous statement in regards to colour. This is what is wrong with this country making something of nothing and to quick to imply people are racist 

My point is invalid is it? As somebody who works and lives in London, which is a mix off all creeds and colour, I can tell you 100% that if you refereed out of context to somebody as a "black man" here to try and differentiate them, you'd land yourself into all sorts of issues and trouble.

You can call it PC gone mad etc etc, all you want, but referring to the colour of somebody's skin when the colour of skin is TOTALLY irrelevant in the context, shows a distinct lack of awareness of today's society. 

As I said, I wasn't offended becuase I could see it wasn't an intentional racist remark, but I know plenty who would be. 

Oh and before you start calling me leftie PC young person yadda yadda, I have centre-right values and I'm 40, I can see it from both sides. 

Football fans get a bad rep for racism and neanderthal activity, which I think is largely unfair, but to see so many 'likes' from people saying it's just PC gone mad, does nothing to help the stereotype labelling. 

All IMO of course. 

3 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

My point is invalid is it? As somebody who works and lives in London, which is a mix off all creeds and colour, I can tell you 100% that if you refereed out of context to somebody as a "black man" here to try and differentiate them, you'd land yourself into all sorts of issues and trouble.

You can call it PC gone mad etc etc, all you want, but referring to the colour of somebody's skin when the colour of skin is TOTALLY irrelevant in the context, shows a distinct lack of awareness of today's society. 

As I said, I wasn't offended becuase I could see it wasn't an intentional racist remark, but I know plenty who would be. 

Oh and before you start calling me leftie PC young person yadda yadda, I have centre-right values and I'm 40, I can see it from both sides. 

Football fans get a bad rep for racism and neanderthal activity, which I think is largely unfair, but to see so many 'likes' from people saying it's just PC gone mad, does nothing to help the stereotype labelling. 

All IMO of course. 

Making a complete mountain out of this

Strange , as I know a lot of West Indians , and have a number of  good friends who are ,and they are all proud that they are 'black' , and asked what they see themselves as they proudly announce they're 'Black' (And why shouldn't they be)

Totally depends on the context it's used in and the intent of delivery of it

4 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

All IMO of course. 

and of course your entitled to it... but in this case you have identified nobody who is offended by it and indeed you aren't either. It would appear that you are offended for the person who may be offended yet the person who maybe offended has not been identified. All based on your view that because you live in London, which of course is the capital of the world and we must all adhere to it.

can I ask KMPowell if you were unfortunate enough to be assaulted by a person of a black or minority ethic background and you reported it to the police. How would you identify the person who assaulted you. I'd wager that it would be by there ethnicity would it not? But in your opinion that may upset a few in London!

59 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

All IMO of course. 

Your point wasn't valid for the pure fact you asked if the picture was only full of white people - as I said the picture is multi national. In a picture of just black people in the same token colour would not precede the blokes top. 

So because you work in London it allows you to speak for others? If you're not offended by something then there is no need to comment, and leave that for someone who is to comment and I would defend my statement to someone who actually was offended. 

I have family members which are black does that give me the right to comment on what might offend them? 

So as a conclusion yes you're a leftie and you've made something out of nothing. Good work pal!

We could back & forth on this all day long. But, the simple fact remains, skin colour was used as a way to differentiate, when there was absolutely no reason to do so in any way shape or form.

Some find that unacceptable, some find it acceptable, you're clearly in the latter camp, I'm in the former where I think it's bad taste and unnecessary in 2017.

1 minute ago, kmpowell said:

We could back & forth on this all day long. But, the simple fact remains, skin colour was used as a way to differentiate, when there was absolutely no reason to do so in any way shape or form.

Some find that unacceptable, some find it acceptable, you're clearly in the latter camp, I'm in the former where I think it's bad taste and unnecessary in 2017.

Please don't.

Just move away from London asap.

2 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

I'm black, and you're an idiot.

If the photo was all black men with one white man, how would you first differentiate that you were talking about the white man?

You're talking rubbish, no black person I know or have ever met would be offended by what was said. I'm more offended that you think you need to 'defend' black people in this way while trying to make someone else feel bad for no reason. 

2 minutes ago, ThatCityLife said:

If the photo was all black men with one white man, how would you first differentiate that you were talking about the white man?

You're talking rubbish, no black person I know or have ever met would be offended by what was said. I'm more offended that you think you need to 'defend' black people in this way while trying to make someone else feel bad for no reason. 

Superb comment. :clap:

Just now, ThatCityLife said:

If you go back to the start of this thread, you'll find it wasn't me who even pointed it out, so I'm not alone.

I couldn't care less if you're black, brown, white, yellow, pink, purple or blue, I'm not trying to defend black people, I'm not trying to defend anybody... I simply find it unnecessary to distinguish people by their skin colour when there's no need/requirement to do so.

7 hours ago, kmpowell said:

No but he is the only man wearing a vans shirt. Whilst I can see no malice was intended on your part, comments like that can cause offence. 

I would wager that if it were a picture of all white men you wouldn't have said "The white man in the vans top"... 

IMG_4053.JPG.b06dae6a46e0fe53ad38547ede493204.JPG

3 minutes ago, ThatCityLife said:

Well said mate. The fashion of being offended on their people's behalf is getting tedious!

43 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

You my friend are pathetic.

If you had a group of people and one was tall and was small would it be offensive to differentiate based on height? 

2 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

You my friend are pathetic.

If you had a group of people and one was tall and was small would it be offensive to differentiate based on height? 

Depends if you called them 'short-ass' and 'lanky bstard'........:fear:

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Making a complete mountain out of this

Strange , as I know a lot of West Indians , and have a number of  good friends who are ,and they are all proud that they are 'black' , and asked what they see themselves as they proudly announce they're 'Black' (And why shouldn't they be)

Totally depends on the context it's used in and the intent of delivery of it

Exactly and that goes for everything in life. Most of us know when someone means something nasty when the comment as made.

Archived