IGNORED

The Open.

stephenkibby.

59 minutes ago, Super said:

That was a shocker. 120 yards off line!

We've all been there Super!

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Fair play, Speith has turned it on in the last 3 holes. Think escaping the 13th with only a bogey after that tee shot has given him a huge lift.

Indeed, he's shown some serious balls after the 13th!

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Fair play, Speith has turned it on in the last 3 holes. Think escaping the 13th with only a bogey after that tee shot has given him a huge lift.

Very deserving champion.

On 19/07/2017 at 19:44, glynriley said:

Had an each way punt on Fleetwood, Kuchar, Garcia and Fowler. Sky bet paying 10 places if you bet before tomorrow. 

Thought I was in there after the 13th. Ah well, got me money back. 

2 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

I did warn everybody... Jordan Spieth is the biggest shithouse I have seen in a long, long time in professional sports. Really needs a sports psychologist. Win or not today, highlights the issue once again. P.S please nobody tell me it's to do with weather conditions etc... happened one too many times.

Not sure i get what you are on about?

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Not sure i get what you are on about?

Spieth... He is a shithouse. How did I know someone would make a smart comment - did you watch his round? Lucky he hit a few people from his tee shots!!

If you're not sure what I'm on about you're not much of a golf fan... The bloke has all the ability in the world and more but has bottled several final rounds when in the lead.

edit: I'll let you have this one though, after all you did think Rafa had a chance of winning Wimbledon ;)

20 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Spieth... He is a shithouse. How did I know someone would make a smart comment - did you watch his round? Lucky he hit a few people from his tee shots!!

If you're not sure what I'm on about you're not much of a golf fan... The bloke has all the ability in the world and more but has bottled several final rounds when in the lead.

edit: I'll let you have this one though, after all you did think Rafa had a chance of winning Wimbledon ;)

He's 23, has won 3 majors ( only Jack Nicholas had this many at that age) and has won 32m dollars in prize money!! 

I think your being a little harsh on the lad!!

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

He's 23, has won 3 majors ( only Jack Nicholas had this many at that age) and has won 32m dollars in prize money!! 

Should be a couple more at least... Masters 2015 (?) the worst of 'em...

One things for sure, just glad Rory didn't win it. Can't stand him

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Spot on. To come back today when he was falling apart was something else. Very few golfers would have turned that around today. Fantastic young talent.

Speith is an excellent golfer but still a shithouse mind. Honestly if the rules were upheld the ref should told him you shoot from here or from the hill or goodbye. The ref should also given him the clock warning. What a joke even if your last out its a joke. Great player but has tendencies to lose the plot if it does not go his way. For what its worth a truly legendary player like Seve,G Player et al wouldve played from that mound. Thats the difference. 

8 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Speith is an excellent golfer but still a shithouse mind. Honestly if the rules were upheld the ref should told him you shoot from here or from the hill or goodbye. The ref should also given him the clock warning. What a joke even if your last out its a joke. Great player but has tendencies to lose the plot if it does not go his way. For what its worth a truly legendary player like Seve,G Player et al wouldve played from that mound. Thats the difference. 

What rubbish. Any golfer would have done the same. He was well within the rules and did nothing wrong.

On 23/07/2017 at 22:05, Cotham Brow Red said:

Don't know anything about the rules of golf do you?  You can declare a ball unplayable anywhere not in a hazard for a penalty of one shot. You then drop either within two club lengths or back on the line as far as you want. You can also go back to where you hit the shot from. What Speith and the referee did was perfectly fine and anybody would have done the same. Sometimes in golf you just have to take your medicine and prevent a disaster... 

9 hours ago, Calculus said:

Don't know anything about the rules of golf do you?  You can declare a ball unplayable anywhere not in a hazard for a penalty of one shot. You then drop either within two club lengths or back on the line as far as you want. You can also go back to where you hit the shot from. What Speith and the referee did was perfectly fine and anybody would have done the same. Sometimes in golf you just have to take your medicine and prevent a disaster... 

Er. No i dont. And maybe i shouldve got my facts correct before spouting off on here. Anyway ive been put firmly in my box i accept now.

Archived