IGNORED

Shareholders Meetings

REDOXO

Those of us who put our money in the club pre SL are rarely recognized. I know from years on here who some of you/us are and we no longer rate as even getting the nod of a special tie or tee shirt or even a bloody meeting occasionally. 

Any how this post is coming live from Green Bay Wisconsin. 

@adamb at least they invited me 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Are you sure they don't give notice electronically via a website?  It may be that they've opted for electronic notice in that manner - in which case the should still be dropping you an email.

I bought mine LONG before internet was invented, so I don't think they've got my e-mail address !:cool:

4 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Pretty sure it won't be the club that send notices to shareholders, it will be whoever looks after the register of shareholders

I think that's the Company Lawyers - Burges Salmon

In fact it'll be whoever prints them, in conjunction with the registrars.  Burges Salmon will just manage the whole thing and write the Notice out.  I'm fairly sure that Burges Salmon are familiar with the Companies Act and the Articles of Association of the company - I'd be amazed if they're getting it wrong...but they could be.

Do all of the shares carry voting rights?

Also you'd need to be clear exactly which company you've got your shares in and exactly which company is holding the meeting.

My old man invested a fair whack both in early 1980's and buying shares in the Scott Davison era.

But he didn't do it because he wanted to be recognised or given a free shirt, he did it because he loves the club.

Strsnge thread just looks like you want to blow your own trumpet.??!!

23 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:
25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

There are no shareholder meetings or voting rights anymore. And why would there be? Steve Lansdown owns 95% of the club. It's his club and he makes the decisions! 

I bought these a few years back. Are these the shares that are being discussed? 

Only five I know. No idea how much they cost.

bcfc_shares2017-07-24.jpeg

Yep. These are the shares discussed. You own a peice of Bristol City that gets forgotten as the club takes the attitude Kid in a Riot mentions. 

The fact those of us that put money in when times were tight should be remembered. And guess what a tie a shirt or something like that is way to earn money as I'll buy it. 

However luckily I don't forget my club although it is happy to expunge me and others like me. An AGM is a way of up selling me and I don't mind.  It seems SL DOES!

14 hours ago, mjd said:

What happen to a board of all the names of people who bought shares . It was near the board room , at the the top of the stairs..

I believe it went into storage as it was going to be put in the club museum which was planned for above the shop. Then the shop was going to expand and I heard that was also shelved now. I think the area is now being planned to be used for something else.

I hope one day the board will be somewhere where we can all see it, not some elite bar or something as my name is proudly on there too and it should be visible to all ( the list of names that is, not mine!).Maybe somewhere in the concourse would be appropriate.

15 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Got mine somewhere, but no idea where they are, I guess it doesn't matter, they are virtually worthless.

Got £30 worth in 1982 and attended most shareholder meetings thereafter. I didn't cash them in for double that when I had the opportunity when Scott Davison took over in the mid 1990s as he asked shareholders not to do this although by law he had to offer other shareholders what he was paying for the shares he was buying from those who were selling to him. I wish I had now as he didn't stick around for long anyway.

About three years ago I got in touch with Burgess Salmon about selling my shares and they told me that someone was willing to pay £30 for the £30 worth of shares and I just had to sign a document transferring them to the new owner. I was just happy to get something for them as they are pretty worthless now, except if someone bought SL out for say treble what his shareholding cost then shareholders would be entitled to be given three times the value of their shares.

2 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Got £30 worth in 1982 and attended most shareholder meetings thereafter. I didn't cash them in for double that when I had the opportunity when Scott Davison took over in the mid 1990s as he asked shareholders not to do this although by law he had to offer other shareholders what he was paying for the shares he was buying from those who were selling to him. I wish I had now as he didn't stick around for long anyway.

About three years ago I got in touch with Burgess Salmon about selling my shares and they told me that someone was willing to pay £30 for the £30 worth of shares and I just had to sign a document transferring them to the new owner. I was just happy to get something for them as they are pretty worthless now, except if someone bought SL out for say treble what his shareholding cost then shareholders would be entitled to be given three times the value of their shares.

What you would get would be depend on the value of the club per share at sale. 

I believe the stadium and the football club are now separately owned (someone fill me in here as I can't quite remember what went on) which when we bought the shares was not the case if I remember rightly. 

Someone needs to find the board and put it, somewhere appropriate, up...as above. I suspect no one at AG knows where the hell it even is. 

20 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

As a side note - would love to visit that part of the USA. Never had a chance to visit but would love to emigrate there at some point. 

You want to emigrate somewhere that you've not even visited...?!

I have share certificates from 1982 (10 Supporter's Shares) and 1996 (30 Supporter's Shares) (as pictured above) both in BCFC (1982) Plc but now appear to have 400 shares in Bristol City Holdings Ltd. 

If you wish to check your share holding go to Companies House website and search on "Bristol City Holdings Ltd". Click on the "Filing History" and view the PDF dated 19th December 2016 "Statement of capital following an allotment of shares on 22 November 2016". It is 224 pages long but seems to be in surname order.

I also have a 4 page A4 document titled "Notice to Share Subscribers", "Share Subscribers Roster 1996" which states :

"Subscribers to the Share Issue which took place at the start of the 1996/97 season will have their names featured on a commemorative plaque to be commissioned by the Club and positioned in a designated part of the ground".

It then lists all the names over the 4 pages.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, FForbes said:

If you wish to check your share holding go to Companies House website and search on "Bristol City Holdings Ltd". Click on the "Filing History" and view the PDF dated 19th December 2016 "Statement of capital following an allotment of shares on 22 November 2016". It is 224 pages long but seems to be in surname order.

OR JUST CLICK HERE

BREAKDOWN ON VOTING

56 minutes ago, FForbes said:

I have share certificates from 1982 (10 Supporter's Shares) and 1996 (30 Supporter's Shares) (as pictured above) both in BCFC (1982) Plc but now appear to have 400 shares in Bristol City Holdings Ltd. 

I also have a 4 page A4 document titled "Notice to Share Subscribers", "Share Subscribers Roster 1996" which states :

"Subscribers to the Share Issue which took place at the start of the 1996/97 season will have their names featured on a commemorative plaque to be commissioned by the Club and positioned in a designated part of the ground".

It then lists all the names over the 4 pages.

Nice work Fforbes. @AdamBit seems that there was every intention and promises made at least about commemoration. Which was my original point. You come up here and they make sure they look after (Packers) those who looked after them when times were tough and put money in without any expectancy of personal gain. Ties, shirts cups commemorate that fact. We have a lost/stored board and a long forgotten promise. Maybe the supporters club can have the board or it could be put up near our executive boxes. Can it be found?

23 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Those of us who put our money in the club pre SL are rarely recognized. I know from years on here who some of you/us are and we no longer rate as even getting the nod of a special tie or tee shirt or even a bloody meeting occasionally. 

Any how this post is coming live from Green Bay Wisconsin. 

@adamb at least they invited me 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Is this a game of spot the difference?

Phileas,  I work for a company with a head office based in Madison Wisconsin and have been there a few times. If you are thinking of moving there, it's lovely but the winters are extremely cold, unlike anything here. It was -29 when I was there in February so I hope you like the cold!

On July 24, 2017 at 13:24, Spoons said:

My old man invested a fair whack both in early 1980's and buying shares in the Scott Davison era.

But he didn't do it because he wanted to be recognised or given a free shirt, he did it because he loves the club.

Strsnge thread just looks like you want to blow your own trumpet.??!!

Blow the trumpet of club shareholders who have been forgotten by and large some of them who put in real money to them 35 years ago. See above. And a club that doesn't forget where it turned to raise finance in tough times. 

I really don't see what is strange except your comment. 

On 25/07/2017 at 16:18, REDOXO said:

Nice work Fforbes. @AdamBit seems that there was every intention and promises made at least about commemoration. Which was my original point. You come up here and they make sure they look after (Packers) those who looked after them when times were tough and put money in without any expectancy of personal gain. Ties, shirts cups commemorate that fact. We have a lost/stored board and a long forgotten promise. Maybe the supporters club can have the board or it could be put up near our executive boxes. Can it be found?

I'll ask the stadium team to see if it was rescued from its position in the Williams Stand. 

Regards

Adam

Archived