IGNORED

Nathan Baker - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Son of Nob

Just now, RUSSEL85 said:

I made that mistake also, im swapping between the two and getting confused. Really doesnt take much.

Ha, way too much going on today

One ear on the cricket, now the sandwich van has turned up.....all over the place!

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This must spell the end for Flint as:

1) Baker would not have joined to sit on the bench behind Flinty and Wright; and

2) LJ has confirmed (in Tenerife) that he won't be playing 3 at the back.

You'd have to think that Flint is halfway out the door if Baker happens. 

2 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

I know he said he won't play 3 at the back but we now the players to play 3 at the back. 

Ripley

.            Wright Flint Baker

Pisano.                               Bryan

Smith    Brownhill

O'Dowda                   Patterson

Diedhiou 

looks good on paper 

So do my wages 

If this does happen along slide Flint leaving then fair play to the club, I dont think we would get a better replacement at this point in the transfer window, with Championship experience, similar type of player etc. It looks as though we gain financially out of the deal too.

Just chatting to my postman who's been following City for years and is very knowledgeable. I forget that Bailey is naturally right footed like Flint so signing Baker, a leftie, would mean Bailey can return to his natural position IF Flinty's off. My postie nailed it straight away! 

As much as I like Flinty, this is starting to make sense now.

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just chatting to my postman who's been following City for years and is very knowledgeable. I forget that Bailey is naturally right footed like Flint so signing Baker, a leftie, would mean Bailey can return to his natural position IF Flinty's off. My postie nailed it straight away! 

Is your posties name Mr. Ritchie?

A great player who got a lot of praise from Villa last season but do we really need him? For me even if Flint leaves this is a position we don't need as Baker and Wright are very similar players to each other. Don't get me wrong I'm excited if this is the calibration of players we're bringing in but I just think we should we spending it in other areas.

Just now, Flint says No said:

A great player who got a lot of praise from Villa last season but do we really need him? For me even if Flint leaves this is a position we don't need as Baker and Wright are very similar players to each other. Don't get me wrong I'm excited if this is the calibration of players we're bringing in but I just think we should we spending it in other areas.

did you not see some of our defending last season?

I remember Baker and Flint on the verge of a really strong and impressive partnership last time around. But doesn't Nathan Baker have some sort of persistent back problem?

He had his moments in a pretty poor season and when he played well- he was class but seemingly let down by a certain  lack of enthusiasm/disconnect combined with the fact that he looked like he could get sent off at any moment in an El Abd type way.

Was it Baker who was sent off and a number of posters on here felt it was deliberate  cos he didn't want to play? Or was that just Thatch?

1 minute ago, Flint says No said:

I think Baker and Wright could be an excellent partnership personally. BW back in his preferred right side and both excellent with the ball at their feet. 

If we can get them some better protection from midfield and a better GK behind them I'd be really excited to line up like that. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

I think Baker and Wright could be an excellent partnership personally. BW back in his preferred right side and both excellent with the ball at their feet. 

If we can get them some better protection from midfield and a better GK behind them I'd be really excited to line up like that. 

I don't baker is, think he's on par with flint when it comes to ball at your feet

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I shouted down at my postie,"What about Flint"

He said "Two thirty at Kempton".

He`s a temp,knows F all.

Just now, cynic said:

I wouldn't agree with that at all - the reverse infact, especially Wright.

In his defence Cynic, he was playing on his 'wrong' side. Once he's back on the right hand side, his natural side, he should be better with the ball  on the ground shouldn't he?

Archived