IGNORED

Nathan Baker - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Son of Nob

52 minutes ago, Taz said:

That's changed since it went up earlier, O'Neill was definitely on that list as number 6 when I saw it - right before I posted the original comment.

Baker at 6 it is then. Definitely a different list to earlier.

Yep, I saw O'Neil as 6 too....went back to check too, in case it was someone having a laugh with last season's being retweeted.  Definitely amended.

Welcome Bakes

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I remember Baker and Flint on the verge of a really strong and impressive partnership last time around. But doesn't Nathan Baker have some sort of persistent back problem?

He had his moments in a pretty poor season and when he played well- he was class but seemingly let down by a certain  lack of enthusiasm/disconnect combined with the fact that he looked like he could get sent off at any moment in an El Abd type way.

Was it Baker who was sent off and a number of posters on here felt it was deliberate  cos he didn't want to play? Or was that just Thatch?

No , it wasn't just our resident boo boy .

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I don't baker is, think he's on par with flint when it comes to ball at your feet

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

I wouldn't agree with that at all - the reverse infact, especially Wright.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'm not seeing that!

Looks like I'm on my own here!! 

To be fair I should have caveated with 'compared to Flint' !

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, I saw O'Neil as 6 too....went back to check too, in case it was someone having a laugh with last season's being retweeted.  Definitely amended.

Welcome Bakes

Also just seen a screenshot of a tweet from GON saying he gave it up as he thought Bakes might want it.

Don't ask me which thread that was on though, I've seriously lost track!!

2 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

I shouted down at my postie,"What about Flint"

He said "Two thirty at Kempton".

He`s a temp,knows F all.

I shouted to my postie.... "Where's my post?"

Cheeky bugger said....."About 8 yards from the other one!"

But surely, given that he has played under LJ before, LJ's lack of pulling power/appeal and how much players hate playing for him etc etc BS BS BS etc etc, there is no way Nathan Baker, a proven Championship performer, who's own clubs supporters seem genuinely gutted to see him leave, would want to sign for us!!!! It can't be true!!!

2 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

I get that. Disappointed if that were so, but he's earned it and we, seemingly, have done little to encourage him to stay. 

What we should be doing is looking at an upgrade. Don't think we will achieve that. Baker is injury prone and is a booking waiting to happen. Maybe the plan is to bring on Maggs or Taylor Moore, knowing that Baker will have no where near Flint's appearances. 

Step backwards in my view, which is worrying given we have no idea if the new left back or centre forward foreign imports will match or exceed Little or Tammy.  So given the 'spine' at the start of last season, Flinty, Tomlin, Kodjia/Tammy - none are left. 

Suppose it all comes down now to trust in LJ/MA. I genuinely hope they've got it right, really do. 

Yeah, I would personally like to see the existing players given a chance. Keep the 'pathway' open and all that. However, it's not unreasonable to want to replace Flint with a similarly physical, tall player

Archived