IGNORED

Millwall game - Kick Off time (Merged)

Red Army 75

2 hours ago, AdamB said:

I don't think putting intelligence on to a public forum is sensible.

The Millwall fixture is quite clearly high risk and the original discussion came from the Police to us as to whether it could be moved to a midday kick-off. We discussed it with Millwall, which we would have to do before putting an official request into the EFL, but Millwall didn't want it changed at all (understandable at this late stage, it would seriously affect supporter travel), so it remains a 3pm kick-off.

Adam

Interesting.........

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Why are people beating around the bush, we all know things will happen on August 19th, we're playing Millwall who will bring 2-3k down to Ashton Gate! 

The Police know the potential, the club know the same, and so does everyone on this forum.

That isn't the issue though @Portland Bill we all would have known this before the fixtures were released.

But the real problem is this fixture was announced (to the public) on Wednesday 21st JUNE, but for whatever reason our club then suddenly request for the kick off time to be moved less than a month before the actual fixture - from comments from Julie on here (it was not connected to the police) and from comments from Millwall FC it was not a request from them

What happened between the original fixture being announced (by which point BCFC and A&S Police would have spoken about policing for the season) and now for this to change? 

5 hours ago, phantom said:

That isn't the issue though @Portland Bill we all would have known this before the fixtures were released.

But the real problem is this fixture was announced (to the public) on Wednesday 21st JUNE, but for whatever reason our club then suddenly request for the kick off time to be moved less than a month before the actual fixture - from comments from Julie on here (it was not connected to the police) and from comments from Millwall FC it was not a request from them

What happened between the original fixture being announced (by which point BCFC and A&S Police would have spoken about policing for the season) and now for this to change? 

Fair, and good point mate.

On 02/08/2017 at 13:16, phantom said:

Not a problem because there's no change to the kick off time.

Just to add to the intrigue on this, I see that EFL have just published a "statement" about Millwall and their supporters and the coming season. It refers to "specific measures.....on how tickets are sold for away games", amongst other things. It goes on to say that there is "no specific timeframe" for this but that it will happen early in the season. So, presumably, there's a good reason for Millwall imposing some kind of additional restrictions on travelling fans, but not enough time to do it for their game with us.

l

Gentlemen (&ladies) may I suggest we synchronize our watches, and, to be on the safe side wear two, one on each wrist... plus mobile phone alarms too ....

3pm K.O. .... don't be late for this one, if the Otib prediction league is any guide, it appears the majority of fans are expecting three points and a mini goal fest ... (3 - 1 seems to be a popular choice, (one person is predicting 6 - 2 :shocking:) ....personally I'm hoping things are gonna click for us tomorrow/sometime soon :fingerscrossed:.. so I've gone for an optimistic 4 - 1 home win)

Anyway, lets hope this wind blows itself out and the rain is all rained out and everyone enjoys the day (except Millwall of course) and our lot goes home warm dry and very very happy.  :city:.

9 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Gentlemen (&ladies) may I suggest we synchronize our watches, and, to be on the safe side wear two, one on each wrist... plus mobile phone alarms too ....

3pm K.O. .... don't be late for this one, if the Otib prediction league is any guide, it appears the majority of fans are expecting three points and a mini goal fest ... (3 - 1 seems to be a popular choice, (one person is predicting 6 - 2 :shocking:) ....personally I'm hoping things are gonna click for us tomorrow/sometime soon :fingerscrossed:.. so I've gone for an optimistic 4 - 1 home win)

Anyway, lets hope this wind blows itself out and the rain is all rained out and everyone enjoys the day (except Millwall of course) and our lot goes home warm dry and very very happy.  :city:.

synchronize-watches.jpg  check!

Archived