IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Shuffle

I know it was a friendly but mom by a mile for me. Would be one of the first names on sheet for me but am I in the minority as yet again people are saying that he's not for them and always seems to have his critics. Not quick but he can play and wins his headers and were a better team with him in than out.

Totally agree. Ran the show for us tonight. Dictated tempo, lead by example, always available and calm in possession. Seems to play less 'Hollywood passes' now but still managed some exquisite longer balls directly into a runner's stride path. 

Looked absolutely quality tonight. Excited to see him against better opposition.

7 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I know it was a friendly but mom by a mile for me. Would be one of the first names on sheet for me but am I in the minority as yet again people are saying that he's not for them and always seems to have his critics. Not quick but he can play and wins his headers and were a better team with him in than out.

IMO . Marlon pack has been the most improved player at Bristol City. 

A bit left field and not suggesting we suddenly play him there on Saturday but anyone see the potential for a very good centre back in Pack ?

Decent in air , can tackle , and decent on the ball / distribution 

(Accept that going by  tonight's reports we' may miss him in midfield)

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Not for me.

He's always been a good player.

Good shout. The thing I notice the most in his improvement. Is the time he creates for himself and his upper body strength has definitely improved. As u say always been a good player. But IMO he had stepped up quite s bit 

Agree @Shuffle, first name on team sheet for me these days.  Just needs to be a bit more influential / the driving force.  Bit like Bagpuss and the mice, when Pack plays well, City do.  Would like to see him get a bit further forward during general play, as well attack the ball from set pieces.  Him and Pisano could be threats whilst attention directed to Flint (cough!), Baker, etc.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A bit left field and not suggesting we suddenly play him there on Saturday but anyone see the potential for a very good centre back in Pack ?

Decent in air , can tackle , and decent on the ball / distribution 

(Accept that going by  tonight's reports we' may miss him in midfield)

Far too good looking 

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Busquets has no pace, doesn't stop him being class. 

Sherringham was the same. With players like this pundits say the first yard is in their head.

Pack, and Frankie, have both suffered a bit from starting here in that dismal period back in L1 under SO'D. First impressions, and all that (especially Frankie, with that head-fit dash from his area that cost us a goal on his debuut v Bradford). That Flint was also a part and starter in that shambles shows how far he has come and in part why many of us will be sorry to see him go (it's the "journey," people, like on them tv shows).

Some of our more, er, intellectually "challenged" supporters - having identified Pack as a **** and the whipping boy in 2014 - are struggling not to see him as a **** and the whipping boy in 2017 whenever anything goes wrong.

Archived