IGNORED

Sunderland Vs Celtic trouble

alexukhc

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I thought we drew a line under that- but anyway, you will see from my earlier comments in this thread that simply isn't true :)

We drew a line under the 'Celtic fans aren't political' disagreement....violence is a different issue!

You did post the following on several posts in the 'Scottish Football' thread:

"You won't find instances of Celtic fans causing trouble...they are welcomed all over Europe"

"I promise you Celtic fans don't get involved in fisticuffs, it just isn't their thing.."

"If you think Celtic fans have a reputation you are very, very mistaken.."

...etc....

Changed your mind?!

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We drew a line under the 'Celtic fans aren't political' disagreement....violence is a different issue!

"You won't find instances of Celtic fans causing trouble...they are welcomed all over Europe"

"I promise you Celtic fans don't get involved in fisticuffs, it just isn't their thing.."

...etc....

Changed your mind?!

You do realise that when you put something in quotation marks you at suggesting this is  EXACTLY what was written or said? So when you start to miss out key words it starts to look like you are being deliberately misleading. In fact, it's actually libellous, so feel free to apologise (I won't hold my breath)

' You won't find MANY instances of Celtic fans' and 'they have been pretty much welcomed all over Europe' is actually quite different from what you claim I wrote.

I couldn't even be bothered to look up the other 'quotes'.

Anyway, well done, you have succeeded in annoying me enough to stay away for a bit. I hope you enjoy the rest of your season searching for quotes to catch people out on the internet and then doctoring them to suit your agenda if you cant find what you want.

Oh yeah, and I hope you get dicked by Barnsley :)

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You do realise that when you put something in quotation marks you at suggesting this is  EXACTLY what was written or said? So when you start to miss out key words it starts to look like you are being deliberately misleading. In fact, it's actually libellous, so feel free to apologise (I won't hold my breath)

' You won't find MANY instances of Celtic fans' and 'they have been pretty much welcomed all over Europe' is actually quite different from what you claim I wrote.

Anyway, well done, you have succeeded in annoying me enough to stay away for a bit. I hope you enjoy the rest of your season searching for quotes to catch people out on the internet and then doctoring them to suit your agenda if you cant find what you want.

Touchy when you get proved wrong...that's common, don't worry. Apologies if I missed out a word or two, but you have consistently posted on here words suggesting Celtic fans aren't political and don't get involved in violence....ten fines for political misbehaviour in five seasons and now the Sunderland incident make your words seem hollow....at least we let Rovers fans debate on here...pity your sad forum is so paranoid about 'them pesky 'teds' daring to indulge in similar banter and debate, so you just ban them....surely that's worse than being slightly mis-quoted on here?

ps - I hope your tinpot outfit get 'dicked' in every match .....and the comedy they consistently provide really does cheer up alot of people around here!

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

RIP Lee Rigby

They just can't help themselves can they? I'd like nothing more than to see them go bust, just like Rangers did.

I am sorry to hear about Groundhoppers story. Hopefully the so called "fans" involved get banned from the stadium.. As for the lot making "contact" with FC Twente hooligans for a scrap. Grow up you bunch of muppets.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...etc....

Changed your mind?!

What Miah says is generally true but they do have a few bad apples ( not unlike ourselves) not sure why you seem to have an unhealthy interest in Celtic, it's not as if Rangers don't have a small following of Racist bigots

2 hours ago, harrys said:

What Miah says is generally true but they do have a few bad apples ( not unlike ourselves) not sure why you seem to have an unhealthy interest in Celtic, it's not as if Rangers don't have a small following of Racist bigots

Agree, I find them both as bad as eachother. Politics and Religion has no place in Football. Two horrid clubs who I hope never play in England.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Touchy when you get proved wrong...that's common, don't worry.

He didn't get proved wrong. You changed what he had written. That's appalling! A new low for this forum. 

I hope Mr Dennehy doesn't stay away too long. I enjoy reading his views on this and other subjects.

55 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

He didn't get proved wrong. You changed what he had written. That's appalling! A new low for this forum. 

I hope Mr Dennehy doesn't stay away too long. I enjoy reading his views on this and other subjects.

I didn't change anything deliberately, I obviously didn't remember his quote exactly...I missed out one word.

The other two quotes I remembered exactly. And you'll see that I apologised to him too. To say my error is a 'new low for this forum' is what I'd describe as 'appalling' - a genuine error is a 'new low' after some of the tosh put on here?! I may stay away too...

11 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

@Miah Dennehy My error in missing out a word from your quote has been described as 'a new low for this forum' by @RedZepperin - I don't agree with him or her on that, but I will again apologise to you for mis-quoting you. And I will agree with @RedZepperin in saying I hope you don't stay away for too long.

I fancy a break from all this though.

Cheers

12 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

They just can't help themselves can they? I'd like nothing more than to see them go bust, just like Rangers did.

I am sorry to hear about Groundhoppers story. Hopefully the so called "fans" involved get banned from the stadium.. As for the lot making "contact" with FC Twente hooligans for a scrap. Grow up you bunch of muppets.

Contact was unsolicited and came from FC Twente just to clarify.

As someone who supports the green side of Glasgow I hope that all the fans in the 'Lee Rigby' video are identified and banned.  They will not be missed. It is moments like this which ruin Celtic's name, which is such a shame as Parkhead produces probably the best atmosphere on these isles. 

As for politics in football, it has a purpose. In the Soviet Block, football stadia were a place for people to meet and protest in large numbers against the Soviets. In Greece, football fans have again been able to protest against the EU and the sanctions placed on their country. Many clubs like St Pauli in Hamburg also politically push liberalism which is part of their clubs core identity. However politics can also manifest itself like it does in Glasgow, which is reflected in N.Ireland, as well as far right groups like many Italian Ultras. A fine balance with politics on the terraces. 

15 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Robinson is a vile excuse for a human being, but sadly there are a fair few Celts who should being hanging their heads in shame after the weekends events and I got that from a Celtic mate who was at the game. Funnily enough I've just been having a bit of a Facebook row with a City mate who branded all Celtic fans as scum which I reacted to a bit. 

It is common sense, but it is worth repeating, just because some Celtic fans (and Sunderland fans) behaved like dicks at the weekend doesn't mean all their supporters are 'scum' , Just because some big brave City boy attacked a Twente fan who it seems clearly wasn't 'looking for it' doesn't make all City fans *******, and equally, despite the previous actions of some of my fellow Gas, I am perfectly capable of walking past a police horse without throwing a punch, although if I do catch the 13/8 favourite that managed to lose in a four horse race at Newbury a week ago I may not be responsible for my actions.

I agree with most of what you say but sadly I believe that the club itself is reactive and not pro active where instances like this occur and even then the reaction is slow and usually fudged.

Now forgive me if I am looking in the wrong place but I cannot find anything on the club website or Scottish press condemning the actions of yes 'the few' but something that follows an all too familiar pattern with Celtic.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

As someone who supports the green side of Glasgow I hope that all the fans in the 'Lee Rigby' video are identified and banned.  They will not be missed. It is moments like this which ruin Celtic's name, which is such a shame as Parkhead produces probably the best atmosphere on these isles. 

As for politics in football, it has a purpose. In the Soviet Block, football stadia were a place for people to meet and protest in large numbers against the Soviets. In Greece, football fans have again been able to protest against the EU and the sanctions placed on their country. Many clubs like St Pauli in Hamburg also politically push liberalism which is part of their clubs core identity. However politics can also manifest itself like it does in Glasgow, which is reflected in N.Ireland, as well as far right groups like many Italian Ultras. A fine balance with politics on the terraces. 

How many people do you think go to Parkhead to have politics shoved down their throats - genuine question as you should know far better than me. Personally, I would have something to say if I had to see some self appointed wise asses making organised protests or statements week in week out regtardless of their stance..

The fact that the Green Brigade appear to be tolerated and worked around says a lot to me about Celtic i'm afraid.

36 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

How many people do you think go to Parkhead to have politics shoved down their throats - genuine question as you should know far better than me. Personally, I would have something to say if I had to see some self appointed wise asses making organised protests or statements week in week out regtardless of their stance..

The fact that the Green Brigade appear to be tolerated and worked around says a lot to me about Celtic i'm afraid.

Only been a handful of times but for the most part it is like a normal game of football. What I do feel however is that there is a very small element who are very influential within the Green Brigade. They are able to influence the perhaps, less intelligent football fan into copying them because it is 'cool'. The large majority of people who chant these songs don't know anything about Catholicism/Protestantism or Republicanism/Unionism. In the past the Old Firm was sectarian because people genuinely believed it. Now it is sectarian because people think it is 'cool'. It has no foundation, but obviously is making a comeback. Sadly I feel this is because of the Green Brigade.

My only first hand experience of the Green Brigade is that they are probably the best supporters in terms on noise made in the UK. That said I'm not fool and obviously they do say and chant some awful things. Do Celtic need to reign them in? Yes, big time. 

If you'd asked me 10 years ago who was worse, I'd have said Rangers, hands down. However now it is Celtic. It could be caused by Celtics recent dominance that supporters haven't had Rangers to shout at, so instead shout at the British and be as controversial as possible to replace the Old Firm, while Rangers had issues to deal with.

So my solution would be the close the Green Brigades corner if necessary as punishment. The Poppy Banner from a few years ago would be instant closure. I would probably have let the Palestine flags from last season go, as although antagonistic, wasn't defamatory. In addition the club should employ (as should Rangers) an anti-sectarian officer, who's job it is to work with the Police to film the Green Brigade (and random other bits of the ground), as well as trawling social media, for things that bring the club into disrepute and start dishing out banning orders.

I'd hate to see the atmosphere go from Parkhead, and indeed Ibrox, as they are two historic clubs who both are of a size that only a handful of clubs in England can match. However atmosphere is never an excuse. You don't need to apologise though, I don't apologise when I point out City's faults (although very different) and neither will I apologise for my own criticism of Celtic. 

I cannot stand either half of the Old Firm; a lot of English fans gravitate towards Rangers because they wrap themselves in UJ nonsense and Celtic revel in being anti-British, but having lived in Glasgow for several years and caught the clockwork Orange to work on matchday, I find Rangers a pretty objectionable bunch.

They caused pretty serious trouble in Sunderland about 25 years ago and then there were the disgraceful scenes in Manchester at the UEFA Cup final.

I'd never welcome into our set-up, partly because of the hassle but mostly because it simply wouldn't be fair on the clubs who are legitimately fighting their way up the pyramid. The OF wouldn't countenance starting from the very bottom.

Thankfully it seems as if that prospect is further away than ever - with everything that's happened - the two countries moving further apart politically, Rangers going bust and struggling to reassert themselves as a credible force in Scottish football (I mean, Progress Neiderkorn :D ) we can rule it out as a possibility.

People cite the precedent of the Welsh clubs in the English league but E&W have been constitutionally tied together since the 12th century and Waes didn't even have a league initially. Some of the Welsh clubs had a moral compass and quit our system (Caernarfon spring to mind) with the advent of the LoW.

Oh, and the there's Berwick in the Scottish League but if they were in the English setup it wouldn't be at a level that would mean travelling nationally; they average about 350 fans per game.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I didn't change anything deliberately, I obviously didn't remember his quote exactly...I missed out one word.

The other two quotes I remembered exactly. And you'll see that I apologised to him too. To say my error is a 'new low for this forum' is what I'd describe as 'appalling' - a genuine error is a 'new low' after some of the tosh put on here?! I may stay away too...

Come on BS4, stay with us, the same goes with Miah, I have an unhealthy admiration for Miah and enjoy his posts, and while I don't always agree with your comments I find they are said with good reason and thought, to say your comments are a "new low" is also nonsense after some of the rubbish spouted on here

On 31/07/2017 at 21:48, Miah Dennehy said:

Sorry to disappoint you but we dicked them.

On 31/07/2017 at 21:48, Miah Dennehy said:

Nothing like getting dicked by 10 men for 84 mins....clowns.

Archived