IGNORED

Sunderland Vs Celtic trouble

alexukhc

4 hours ago, SX227 said:

I have no dog in this race, but would this be accepted at any other UK stadium? If you don't get #3 - google it.

Genuine question.1.jpg.432351935aec3c2dcf785b5ec5dc3803.jpg2.jpg.7bc86625d6a51d7eaa6ec74f6bd41cf8.jpg3.jpg.487d16914e7bc0bbf71c00c27eeb0c17.jpg

Don't show that to Harry, he'll be fuming!

Jokes aside, this kind of stuff wouldn't be tolerated at any club in England/Wales due to it's religious/political nature. Celtic have been doing it, and escaping with the fines for years. Just as bad as the Argentina national team posing with banners claiming 'The Malvinas Are Argentine' before international fixtures, yet still no fines!

sorry, this thread has turned into an EDF/IRA debate, with some disturbing viewpoints from some of our members, nothing to do with football all to do with small minded psudo political agendas. 

All ITK know the song the beer bellied bell ends sing at England matches, let's not use this site as a vehicle for that sort of thing!

20 hours ago, SARJ said:

If I could be bothered, I'd back up my argument with countless Youtube video evidence of thousands upon thousands of Celtic fans holding up pro-terrorist banners, singing IRA songs and burning Union Jacks/Poppies but it's clear you still wouldn't accept that so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Posting links to videos of some Celtic supporters misbehaving would not back up your argument that all Celtic supporters should be attacked on entry into England. You should be ashamed of yourself for making such a comment.

52 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

Posting links to videos of some Celtic supporters misbehaving would not back up your argument that all Celtic supporters should be attacked on entry into England. You should be ashamed of yourself for making such a comment.

Never said "all Celtic supporters should be attacked on entry to England".

And no, I'm not ashamed, any 'supporter' who comes to our country and mocks our troops/glorifies terrorism gets what they deserve. Just like if I went to Dublin and sang songs about Loyalist Paramilitaries, I'd expect to get my head kicked in, and rightly so.

4 hours ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

From what I understand, it actually started when supporters started buying tickets in the same location to try and form a group that would create a better atmosphere at games.

As I said, I certainly feel like there is a split of opinion on whether there should be a definitive ban on them displaying any politics, but most would agree they have over-stretched the boundary on more than a couple of occasions. This has probably contributed to the clubs slow reaction on trying to control the GB.

There is also a sizeable element of the support that believes the board has been very slow (and not nearly vocal enough) in protecting the interests of the club in other respects - from the Rangers title stripping/EBT fiasco, to providing funds for managers, to certain stories in the MSM. This has certainly led to them treading cautiously in regards to their treatment of a section of the home crowd (in this instance the GB), because of this feeling.

TBF, it's such a horribly emotive issue whatever side you view it from. The board are taking action now, with section closures and individuals being banned, but they certainly deserve criticism for not acting assertively on the matter sooner.

in fairness you did not answer the question. why have a group with a pride in supporting terrorism been given an area within the ground? How does it happen? they have not been sneaking this type of thing on for ten years. they have been given an area by celtic to carry out these displays. it is no accident.

Image result for celtic green brigade terrorist

Related image

17 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I agree and support your suggestion.

Agree 100%.  

Think all Celtic threads should be immediately moved to political forum, .

I suspect those like myself with Celtic leanings get fed trying to give reasoned responses - special mention for @ballwinningcentrehalf for his measured and informed responses.

Sure some Celtic fans have unacceptable views, but so do some Rangers fans.  (Funny how there isn't a thread on here each time Rangers fans misbehave, but maybe that's because they support the 'good' terrorists?)  Whether you like those opinions or not, people have a right to hold them, whether loyalist or republican.

Things have improved on Otib from the days of Executed Wolf and whatever he morphed into who just peddled anti Catholic venom.  But these threads go nowhere, except to cause division amongst City fans.  

13 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Agree 100%.  

I suspect those like myself with Celtic leanings get fed trying to give reasoned responses - special mention for @ballwinningcentrehalf for his measured and informed responses.

Sure some Celtic fans have unacceptable views, but so do some Rangers fans.  (Funny how there isn't a thread on here each time Rangers fans misbehave, but maybe that's because they support the 'good' terrorists?)  Whether you like those opinions or not, people have a right to hold them, whether loyalist or republican.

Things have improved on Otib from the days of Executed Wolf and whatever he morphed into who just peddled anti Catholic venom.  But these threads go nowhere, except to cause division amongst City fans.  

Instead of attempting to get a thread hidden debate the points being raised.

The thread is about Sunderland and Celtic. The odious and repugnant behaviour bordering on racist was predicted by a poster.

Does Celtics appeasement and encouragement of fans like the Green Brigade foster this abhorrent  behaviour?

It is a simple point that those with Celtic leanings fail to acknowledge or reply to beyond "well Rangers are just as bad". Anybody who is interested in FOOTBALL culture can see there is a world of difference between Rangers benign Union Bears and Celtic Green Brigade who appear to want to return to the days of armed struggle in Northern Ireland, and whose views on anti fascism are frankly warped.

3 hours ago, SARJ said:

Never said "all Celtic supporters should be attacked on entry to England".

And no, I'm not ashamed, any 'supporter' who comes to our country and mocks our troops/glorifies terrorism gets what they deserve. Just like if I went to Dublin and sang songs about Loyalist Paramilitaries, I'd expect to get my head kicked in, and rightly so.

[I would also be more than pleased to see this thread moved to the non-football forum.]

So, SARJ. You admit that "what they deserve" is to get their heads kicked in. You are seriously proposing that the best way to stop misbehaviour by a section of Celtic's support is to "kick their heads in".

I think you should be ashamed of saying that too and I would hope that if you did sing songs about loyalist "paramilitaries" (almost gave yourself away there!) in Dublin, someone might put their arm around your shoulder, buy you a pint of Guinness and teach you a decent song. Not kick your head in.

A few objections to your "head-kicking" idea:

1. It is illegal.

2. Maybe, just maybe, this was tried in the past by Rangers fans (only guessing) and it might have had the opposite effect...just a thought.

3. How do you decide when a person is mocking our troops or glorifying terrorism? The second point, "glorifying terrorism", is horrendously difficult to define and I'm not sure that the sort of people who would sign up to the "head-kicking" initiative would be the best equipped to decide where to draw the line. Maybe they all have degrees in politics, a masters in Irish history and a PhD in philosophy, but somehow I doubt it.

Remember when a similar idea was put into practice? Vigilante gangs went after paedophiles and a load of paediatricians got their "heads kicked in" too.

2 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Agree 100%.  

I cannot deny that there is without doubt some anti Celtic/Catholic posts on this thread and that is sad but predictable.

But I don't think it helps trying to deflect the thrust of what this thread is all about (the singing by a few low life's of particularly sick song) by hiding behind about how bad Rangers fans are.

This thread isn't about how bad Rangers fans are, why not just condemn what happened and then when the opportunity arises post a video the next time a minority of Rangers fans sing a similarly sick song or sick stunts portraying suicide on suicide prevention day.

1 hour ago, RedZepperin said:

[I would also be more than pleased to see this thread moved to the non-football forum.]

So, SARJ. You admit that "what they deserve" is to get their heads kicked in. You are seriously proposing that the best way to stop misbehaviour by a section of Celtic's support is to "kick their heads in".

I think you should be ashamed of saying that too and I would hope that if you did sing songs about loyalist "paramilitaries" (almost gave yourself away there!) in Dublin, someone might put their arm around your shoulder, buy you a pint of Guinness and teach you a decent song. Not kick your head in.

A few objections to your "head-kicking" idea:

1. It is illegal.

2. Maybe, just maybe, this was tried in the past by Rangers fans (only guessing) and it might have had the opposite effect...just a thought.

3. How do you decide when a person is mocking our troops or glorifying terrorism? The second point, "glorifying terrorism", is horrendously difficult to define and I'm not sure that the sort of people who would sign up to the "head-kicking" initiative would be the best equipped to decide where to draw the line. Maybe they all have degrees in politics, a masters in Irish history and a PhD in philosophy, but somehow I doubt it.

Remember when a similar idea was put into practice? Vigilante gangs went after paedophiles and a load of paediatricians got their "heads kicked in" too.

This thread centres not on just politics but the football culture of a club - Celtic.

Considering that there are posters on this thread who have a background in the services perhaps others should be looking at their posting  and debating style.

• A  serviceman murdered and mutilated by nutcase jihadists was a cause for celebration amongst support of the same club.
  • Charitable support (help for heroes) for injured serviceman has been attacked by support of the same club..
  • Remembrance mocked, silences broken, Poppies insulted by the support of the same club.
  • Widespread support for Republican terrorists. 
  • Tifo displays allowed by Celtic FC within the stadium on match day supporting terrorism organised by known overt terrorist supporters.

A tip of the iceburg and this goes on year upon year. Celtic FC encourage that environment.

Sarj has nothing to be ashamed of.

17 hours ago, SX227 said:

I have no dog in this race, but would this be accepted at any other UK stadium? If you don't get #3 - google it.

Genuine question.1.jpg.432351935aec3c2dcf785b5ec5dc3803.jpg

Another genuine question.

I have always wondered whether the 'Bloostained' was an error in production or simply a photographic quirk. 

7 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I cannot deny that there is without doubt some anti Celtic/Catholic posts on this thread and that is sad but predictable.

But I don't think it helps trying to deflect the thrust of what this thread is all about (the singing by a few low life's of particularly sick song) by hiding behind about how bad Rangers fans are.

This thread isn't about how bad Rangers fans are, why not just condemn what happened and then when the opportunity arises post a video the next time a minority of Rangers fans sing a similarly sick song or sick stunts portraying suicide on suicide prevention day.

The Lee Rigby shit is disgusting.  Not one Celt on here would deny that I'm sure.  But do we all have to post to say so?   Beginning to feel like every time Isis commit an atrocity, every muslin has to come out and condemn it.  Some how, not to comment is like an implied support.  Can we just assume that every right minded person - yes, even Celtic fans - just finds this stuff abhorrent?

I'm not at all interested in what Rangers fans get up to.  I have no interest in posting a link to it.  I cannot recall a thread started by a Celt on here that pointed the finger at Rangers supporters.  There have been numerous about 'celtic scum' etc. And when they do, despite your better judgement, you feel you have to counter some of the garbage posted.

If anyone wants to post sound off about Celtic or Rangers then go to one of their forums.  This is a City forum.   Surely, with Rovers, Cardiff, Swindon on our doorstep we don't have to turn on fellow City fans?

7 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

The Lee Rigby shit is disgusting.  Not one Celt on here would deny that I'm sure.  But do we all have to post to say so?   Beginning to feel like every time Isis commit an atrocity, every muslin has to come out and condemn it.  Some how, not to comment is like an implied support.  Can we just assume that every right minded person - yes, even Celtic fans - just finds this stuff abhorrent?

I'm not at all interested in what Rangers fans get up to.  I have no interest in posting a link to it.  I cannot recall a thread started by a Celt on here that pointed the finger at Rangers supporters.  There have been numerous about 'celtic scum' etc. And when they do, despite your better judgement, you feel you have to counter some of the garbage posted.

If anyone wants to post sound off about Celtic or Rangers then go to one of their forums.  This is a City forum.   Surely, with Rovers, Cardiff, Swindon on our doorstep we don't have to turn on fellow City fans?

The Green Brigade also mock murdered servicemen. They use football to promote their extremist politics in a similar manner to the NF in the late seventies by parasitically attaching themselves to Celtic support.

Celtic FC had a choice years ago. Boot them out or, they chose to encourage and create that environment that sees this abhorrent behaviour being a norm. 

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 01:40, Red Army Faction said:

Then why are this GB in the ground ???? as people keep saying no other club would allow it.

On 07/08/2017 at 12:13, Aizoon said:

Can't be doing with people who doctor quotes. Suggests that they get their "news" from the Sun...

Came back on here briefly tonight after a decent sojourn,  but sadly comments like this haven't given me encouragement to come back again....with due respect Aizoon, can't really take views seriously from a grown man whose imaginary friend is a hedgehog....I didn't 'doctor a quote' I missed out ONE word by mistake when mentioning it - big, big difference...

Archived