IGNORED

Bit of advise please

reddoc

Hi guys, sorry to bother you with this, I'm after a quick bit of contact advise. I was diagnosed with testicular cancer last weds and got neutered yesterday. Seems I underestimated the pain a little, and I'm a bit concerned that sitting for 90 mins plus on Saturday might be a problem, especially with the ups and downs of letting people past. However I'm pretty sure I'd be ok if I could lean against the walls/barriers around the vomitories. Fairly comfortable standing. I'm equally sure this would make me unpopular with the stewards. Of course I've got 4 days and may improve dramatically over this period.

Therefore I'm wondering who I should contact to see if there's a way round this and not leave it till the last minute. I know I could just miss this one, but depending on results {mine not City's)  could end up missing a fair bit later, so if I can go, I intend to. I did check the BS and BCFC site but couldn't decide which contact was most appropriate.

No sympathy required (as if !) Eunuch jokes gratefully accepted.

Thanks in an unusually high voice.

Reddoc

Sorry to hear your bad news . I would contact Adam baker or ring the ticket office. I'm sure they could come to some agreement. Obviously the upper tier could be an option plenty of room. But bit of a walk up there. Or an area which isn't busy. I'm sure they could sort something. Hope you feel better soon. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, marmite said:

Upper tier a good shout and aren't  there lifts installed to access it?

BUT, apparently only being sold to supporters with "children"

@reddoc Firstly and more importantly, sorry to hear your news and wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Often people stand in the back rows of the lower Dolman section, as an example Row 12 below (Block E34 would be perfect for you)

Capture.PNG

Hi Reddoc. I would definitely contact @AdamB and I'm sure he can find a quiet spot for you so you don't have to keep moving around.

I wish you all the best with your treatment and applaud your humour at such a horrid time. If you can't laugh eh?

Get well soon and speedy recovery.

3 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Thanks guys, Mark Kelly's already replied which is really impressive, so hopefully will have it covered. Having said that if I can sit in my lucky seat I will.

Lucky seat?

I assume you rarely came to games last season then! Hopefully you can get yourself back in the lucky spot ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Hi Reddoc. I would definitely contact @AdamB and I'm sure he can find a quiet spot for you so you don't have to keep moving around.

I wish you all the best with your treatment and applaud your humour at such a horrid time. If you can't laugh eh?

Get well soon and speedy recovery.

Thanks Peg, as I mentioned above Mark Kelly's been in touch , apparently the club has a special blow up rubber ring for such eventualities, so hopefully sorted. ( He was actually much more helpful than that of course)

Just now, reddoc said:

Thanks Peg, as I mentioned above Mark Kelly's been in touch , apparently the club has a special blow up rubber ring for such eventualities, so hopefully sorted. ( He was actually much more helpful than that of course)

Did he offer to reinflate it personally at half time?

What a guy.

3 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I hope you are at the age where you don't give a toss but if not @Rudolf Hucker will take care of wife/girlfriend,boyfriend and please get well soon.

Was planning to stuff myself full of testosterone and apply for Russian citizenship, but we'll see what the oncologist says first. If not will he require a pic?

Just now, reddoc said:

Was planning to stuff myself full of testosterone and apply for Russian citizenship, but we'll see what the oncologist says first. If not will he require a pic?

going by what he has posted I stopped bending over. Please get well soon And if you see a short fat ugly bar steward I will buy you a drink of your choice.

1 hour ago, reddoc said:

Hi guys, sorry to bother you with this, I'm after a quick bit of contact advise. I was diagnosed with testicular cancer last weds and got neutered yesterday. Seems I underestimated the pain a little, and I'm a bit concerned that sitting for 90 mins plus on Saturday might be a problem, especially with the ups and downs of letting people past. However I'm pretty sure I'd be ok if I could lean against the walls/barriers around the vomitories. Fairly comfortable standing. I'm equally sure this would make me unpopular with the stewards. Of course I've got 4 days and may improve dramatically over this period.

Therefore I'm wondering who I should contact to see if there's a way round this and not leave it till the last minute. I know I could just miss this one, but depending on results {mine not City's)  could end up missing a fair bit later, so if I can go, I intend to. I did check the BS and BCFC site but couldn't decide which contact was most appropriate.

No sympathy required (as if !) Eunuch jokes gratefully accepted.

Thanks in an unusually high voice.

Reddoc

All the best sir-keep the humour intacto!

The important thing to be aware of is your diagnosis means you have rights under the disability section of the Equality Act. What this means is the club have a duty to make reasonable adjustments so you can still attend the game. For intents and purposes you'd count as an ambulant disabled customer and they should be able to ensure you have an appropriate seat that works for you on request. More info here...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/supporter-guides/disabled-policy/

Archived