IGNORED

Injured Players

Bigbas23

15 minutes ago, Bigbas23 said:

When will we be seeing the return of some of our injured players? Taylor, Đurić & O'Neill to name a few .

Cheers

The way LJ spoke the other day - GON and MT on way (But have missed pre season of course which is never good)

Got the impression that we won't be seeing Đurić for a couple of months at least (And again - no pre season so will have to get up to speed if he can)

17 minutes ago, Bigbas23 said:

When will we be seeing the return of some of our injured players? Taylor, Đurić & O'Neill to name a few .

Cheers

they aren't far away apparently so my guess will be before the end of August

42 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

MD certainly isn't (According to LJ)

The physios and medics can't seem fathom what's actually the issue with Đurić. Some kind of lower abdomen/groin injury which if they can't diagnose they obviously can't treat. Could be quite a while.........

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The physios and medics can't seem fathom what's actually the issue with Đurić. Some kind of lower abdomen/groin injury which if they can't diagnose they obviously can't treat. Could be quite a while.........

I wonder if this is the kind of thing that should / could have been picked up during his medical?

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I wonder if this is the kind of thing that should / could have been picked up during his medical?

I imagine the examinations and testing all prospective players undergo is extremely thorough. Maybe this kind of injury was as undiagnosed then as it is now.   

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Groin injuries are hard to pick up, if they run deep into the muscle it can be near impossible to treat them. I'd put money on that Đurić has torn the tendon in his groin. In which case, he will have to rest up until the scar tissue has formed. Then he can start to slowly reuse the area again, clearing away the tissue. It is an absolute nightmare to go through, very frustrating injury.

If that is the case,  we will possibly will not see him until end of September, or even later.

6 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Groin injuries are hard to pick up, if they run deep into the muscle it can be near impossible to treat them. I'd put money on that Đurić has torn the tendon in his groin. In which case, he will have to rest up until the scar tissue has formed. Then he can start to slowly reuse the area again, clearing away the tissue. It is an absolute nightmare to go through, very frustrating injury.

If that is the case,  we will possibly will not see him until end of September, or even later.

And he had a hernia op too. I suspect that unmasked further groin problems hitherto hidden by it.

Despite the interview from LJ today stating MD is close (possibly close to 20 minutes fit), it wouldn't surprise me if this was a smokescreen to not make us sound desperate for any striker he might be chasing (loan or perm).  I think LJ is starting to think when he opens his mouth.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Despite the interview from LJ today stating MD is close (possibly close to 20 minutes fit), it wouldn't surprise me if this was a smokescreen to not make us sound desperate for any striker he might be chasing (loan or perm).  I think LJ is starting to think when he opens his mouth.

But he said on Monday to Twentyman that it would 'be a while' or similar words , certainly the indication was 'not imminent'

So he's saying today that he is close ?

I understand what your suggesting Dave but how does that work ?

:blink::blink::blink: ?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But he said on Monday to Twentyman that it would 'be a while' or similar words , certainly the indication was 'not imminent'

He said today that Đurić COULD be involved with the squad Saturday. So he can't be far off! 

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I think if Lee comes out and says MT or MD are weeks away from fitness, then any player we are after becomes a desperate bid.

Last week MT was in with a chance if being fit(ish), and MD was way off.  Now it's reversed.  I have no problems with his contradictions if they are intentional and trying to put clubs off of the scent of our need for a striker.

Just now, Davefevs said:

I think if Lee comes out and says MT or MD are weeks away from fitness, then any player we are after becomes a desperate bid.

Last week MT was in with a chance if being fit(ish), and MD was way off.  Now it's reversed.  I have no problems with his contradictions if they are intentional and trying to put clubs off of the scent of our need for a striker.

I get that , but if that was the plan - wouldn't it help to maintain the same/ consistent  story  ?  :blink::laughcont:

Archived