IGNORED

Season Tickets sold so far

JakeOTIB

1 minute ago, forbespm said:

I remember our average gates of 4000 in the old 4th division,sometimes less than that.

sounds daft I know but they were some of the best times I have ever had supporting city, the atmosphere from just those 4000 made the hair on the back of my neck stand up!

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

No me. :shutup: Work does play a part in my decision as well though.

Probably isn't a fair point seeing that I now live in London.

Just now, RedLionLad said:

....your season ticket or your username?

Wow, just noticed, better renew.

I don't think we can make useful comparisons with the 1980s because people had stopped going to football full stop. Even teams like Villa struggled to get five-figure crowds in 85/86.

More recently, average crowds in our 97/98 promotion season was something like 11,500 which was impressive for the time. Highest in the division and more than champions Watford. Even in 07/08 we didn't get full houses all season despite our run to the Championship playoff final. If we repeated that now - and we can but hope - attendances would be much bigger.

While I'd be a little disappointed if we don't top 20k Saturday it's still not bad when you look back. 

56 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Villa is a Friday night game on Sky isn't it now so I doubt we'll top 20k 

People will still turn out for opposition like Villa, wait and see! Plus, isn't the whole of the Atyeo now for away fans? Villa could sell that out even for a friday night sky game.

17 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I guess we shall see. 

One thing that I might have missed: with Upper Lansdown now open for the family area every game, is the rest of it open too for every game? I know last year it was only a few games but not sure about this season, anyone know? 

No it's not. The rest is still for over flow. 

7 hours ago, glynriley said:

So 800 more than the Whorefield Swamp holds then.

Drain the swamp! Drain the swamp! Drain the swamp!

(Does it, Glyn? You sure? That many? I know it's 'full' at about 11,000, but 12,something capacity? Anyway...)

2 hours ago, WessexPest said:

I don't think we can make useful comparisons with the 1980s because people had stopped going to football full stop. Even teams like Villa struggled to get five-figure crowds in 85/86.

Correct, attendances were down all over the country. 

Different times.

1 minute ago, EnclosureSurge said:

(Does it, Glyn? You sure? That many? I know it's 'full' at about 11,000, but 12,something capacity? Anyway...)

Took the figure from wiki. Guess it's academic as they'll never get that as long as they've got a hole in their ozone. 

3 hours ago, forbespm said:

I remember our average gates of 4000 in the old 4th division,sometimes less than that.

4,700 for one year, 1983. 7500 the other year in Div 4. Chelsea averaged 12k in 1983. As @WessexPest says, attendances nationwide were nose diving. I went to watch Arsenal v Coventry in the 80s and there were 17k in the ground. Their lowest average at Highbury in the 80s was 23,800 for finishing 7th.

And Cardiff, in their visits to Div 4 about the same time, averaged under - under - 3k more than once (2,800 the lowest). 

The game was dying a death back then, just as people began to die in the stands. Our crowds are, or have been, nothing to be ashamed of, and nothing to crow about either, really (other than being massively more loyal at our lowest ebb than the boyos in blue over the bridge. Fact!)

1 hour ago, cynic said:

All the single seats and the seats right at the front of the stands will need to be sold before they open up the Lansdown stand - may as well have saved a few million and just built another Dolman type stand. They seem frightened to have too many people in the ground..

Bit tinpot really.

Just open the ****** thing.

There could be a very good reason for that as it goes 

Archived