IGNORED

Wilbraham's departure - suspicious?

Fordy62

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Could be nonsense of course just seems really random for there to be nothing in it. It's like someone knew something then was advised sharpish to take it down. 

Random, as you say. But it is Bristol Post and the likelihood of someone knowing something is the same as Rovers getting a new stadium.

sort of makes sense for a number of reasons. I can see us being reluctant to offer a 38 year old a sufficient playing contract when you can assume he'd be down the pecking order now. It made more sense to offer him the coaching role here but maybe the offer from Bolton was more attractive from a playing persepective, he wanted to play more and it suited all parties just to agree to let him go?

Just now, Monkeh said:

Delete article is rubbish club threatens libel article is removed to prove that legal issues

Maybe Monkeh. Maybe. 

Then we have to consider why we'd strengthen a relegation rivals squad out of the goodness of our own hearts. Wilbs was our player. He'd have been worth keeping solely to not strengthen Bolton. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Maybe Monkeh. Maybe. 

Then we have to consider why we'd strengthen a relegation rivals squad out of the goodness of our own hearts. Wilbs was our player. He'd have been worth keeping solely to not strengthen Bolton. 

We aren't rivals as we are a mid table team

do you really think wilbs would have a big part to play this coming season? 

He got offered a job on his doorstep where his wife and family live

there is nothing sinister about it 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Maybe Monkeh. Maybe. 

To be fair the situation from the off seemed to be 'we can't offer you much playing time and we totally understand if you'd rather move on'.

Just now, Loco Rojo said:

sort of makes sense for a number of reasons. I can see us being reluctant to offer a 38 year old a sufficient playing contract when you can assume he'd be down the pecking order now. It made more sense to offer him the coaching role here but maybe the offer from Bolton was more attractive from a playing persepective, he wanted to play more and it suited all parties just to agree to let him go?

Mmm, got me thinking.  Wonder if there's some FFP loophole re 'coaches', or whether they've paid some agent fees to get around it.  See the link re agent fees and BIK.

I'm guessing.  

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

Player who was widely rumoured to be seeking an opportunity to move up north is given opportunity to move up north. Not exactly Watergate is it?

There's more drama than Hollyoaks on here at the minute, can't wait for the season to start

Exactly. Move on, nothing to see here.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

We aren't rivals as we are a mid table team

do you really think wilbs would have a big part to play this coming season? 

He got offered a job on his doorstep where his wife and family live

there is nothing sinister about it 

Agree, not sinister....but why the 'undisclosed' bit?

He wanted a playing only contract, club offered him 80% coaching 20% playing contract, hence why it took him so long to sign in the summer. Looked around at other options but there weren't any ones that were better than what we were offering.

Bolton have come along, given him a contract that promises more playing time, decent money and he's closer to his family in Manc. Club have accepted his wishes to go due to all round respect for him so he's gone for free. 

Thats about it. Not sure why everything in football needs an interesting/controversial story attached to it these days. 

Just now, petehinton said:

He wanted a playing only contract, club offered him 80% coaching 20% playing contract, hence why it took him so long to sign in the summer. 

Bolton have come along, given him a contract that promises more playing time, decent money and he's closer to his family in Manc. Club have accepted his wishes to go due to all round respect for him so he's gone for free. 

Thats about it. Not sure why everything in football needs an interesting/controversial story attached to it these days. 

1. Because of that deleted article. 

2. Because I'm bored, led in 30 degree heat at ten past eleven and I can't sleep. 

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Excerpt from article

IMG_0170.PNG

I'm going to take a wild guess and say LJ wanted to keep him because he was the only thing between the squad and a total breakdown of relationship between the coach and most of his players. I assume the "hierarchy" disliked such spend given they had already  convinced themselves last season roughly March that all is well in the world with present management.

As a reminder for those listening to all the interviews and reading all the real ITK stuff - Wilbs looked after Tomlin last season to keep him from misbehaving, but was also quoted by most of the squad as being someone they could go to with problems. I've never heard a squad of a City players so openly needing a players representative before, but then again I've never been sent so many stories of players at their wits end with the manager either.

I'm probably making this all up. Reading all the players tweets about Wilbs do make you wonder though. A thoroughly decent individual.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mmm, got me thinking.  Wonder if there's some FFP loophole re 'coaches', or whether they've paid some agent fees to get around it.  See the link re agent fees and BIK.

I'm guessing.  

Interesting. So many dimensions to interpret this - i'm sure there are some loopholes in the FFP rules....[cough] Neymar [cough]. Or maybe we as fans are overthinking this and looking for conspiracies at our club that aren't there?

Either way, his experience will be missed i'm sure and it would've been good to have him around the coaching set up - if he'd been prepared to hang up his boots.

'GDP'? What the.....

Just now, Fordy62 said:

2. Because I'm bored, led in 30 degree heat at ten past eleven and I can't sleep. 

3. Because it's been months since we last saw a football game that actually meant something. 

We're all with you mate don't worry :argh:

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

So let's discuss it on here instead :rofl2br::facepalm:

Quite Tom,

If the article was taken down for being potentially libellous, are the posters that repeat the article also committing libel?(thinking of the Lord twitter case from a few years back)

Bolton fans on twitter were saying last night that they can't pay more than £5k/wk with the emabrgo

The 'undisclosed' part - is it possible that Bolton still needed to pay a fee, of sorts, to release AW from the contract, but as it wasn't 100% a playing contract he signed here then maybe it wasn't a transfer fee, as such?

Just been watching 'Suits', Harvey and Mike would know for sure, they know a way around everything those two

By the way for Gregor Mc Gregor or indeed the EP to be posting a story that requires censure is as close as you can get to pure truth - they haven't come close to anything revealing in months, and they haven't deleted any of the daily nonsense they spout. This has touched a nerve somewhere.

Just now, eastonboy said:

Quite Tom,

If the article was taken down for being potentially libellous, are the posters that repeat the article also committing libel?(thinking of the Lord twitter case from a few years back)

Nope, we are copying an article published in a newspaper, no one has stated whether it is true or not.  The only truth stated is that the article was published.

It's clear bloody evidence and supports the breaking news that City are in a mess.

Yes Wilbraham left after his last 24 pay cheques bounced. Meanwhile Matty Taylor has had a slap fight with Johnson. Đurić has had his right leg amputated at the hip after team orders to shed weight. The Franco African bloke is a con and has never kicked a ball before. Flint and Bryan are being sold after their love child threatened to sell his story to The Mail. Magnussen doesn't get picked any more after his sex change. Nor Taylor Moore ( now 'Doris,). Pack won't get picked this season following a new tattoo on his arse that is less than complimentary to Marina Dolman. The entire U21 squad are under investigation for sexually assaulting a scout leader. Our new skipper does sexual favours on the BBQ to get the arm band. The food vouchers were actually a con and never existed. Nor did #DownMarketStreet. Our kit next season is definitely blue. Johnson is an alien. A small one. Etc etc.

In other news a model pro has been allowed to move to a smaller squad in his local area to continue his career after great service to Bristol City. Good luck to him.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

What I can't quite get my head around is at his age having just signed a contract here why would anyone have enquired to his availability? Surely for months clubs knew of his availability, I don't understand what changed less than 30 days after signing here. 

Doesn't mean I don't believe it, but it is suspicious. Never mind, if he's in their squad he'll leave Ashton Gate in a few months time knowing just how appreciated he was. He deserves at least as good a reception as the likes of Adomah get. 

My guess is that the return flight from Tenerife was diverted to Manchester and Alby couldn't be arsed to drive back down the M6/M5, so signed for Bolton instead.

Good luck to him, he deserves a chance to bang a few more goals in before he retires from playing.

Archived