IGNORED

Wilbraham's departure - suspicious?

Fordy62

3 minutes ago, woodsy62 said:

skint Bolton wait till season is about to start to pay a wage surprise surprise

Hadn't thought of that - probably right. 

56 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I feel this needs its own thread...

Now I'm no conspiracy theorist. But I do work with evidence. 

Now, Bolton are under a transfer embargo

- so many on here have said. I can find plenty of evidence that they were put under one, but nothing that they have been released from it.

Its also been said that they can neither sign anyone but free nor pay anyone over £4.5k - although I don't know how credible the wages thing is.

Now, having 'signed' a new one year contract with us - announced on 7/7, Albie certainly was not a free agent. Nor could he plausibly be considered to be paid 4.5k or under - he was one of our higher earners.

Factor in the Bolton reporters mysteriously deleted 'City hierarchy vetoed Albie deal' article - there certainly are some fishy goings on here.

I'd like to think we let him go on a free with best wishes, so why not just say that? What's all this undisclosed fee business that we know Bolton aren't allowed to pay?

Is SL more involved in the football side of things than we'd have thought?

What exactly went on here?

The grassy knoll, Shhhhhhhh! 

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I haven't even started on the fact that Wilbs thanked Cotts in his exit interview but didn't mention LJ. Although I did stop watching after 3/5 minutes. 

Well he does state that he thinks we held our own in the Championship first season after being promoted, so perhaps his memory of the SC era is somewhat misguided

Look, generally if people want to find a conspiracy they will. It makes no difference in respect of the truth.

Fact 1: People (including to a large part this forum) were worried about Wilbs being 2nd, 3rd even fourth choice this season. For the same people to worry about us strengthening a rival is therefore, b*lls.

Fact 2: Wilbs signed the contract. The bcfc story is black and white, and if you believe they forced the BEP story down, you'd be damn sure they'd have redacted that as well.

3. There is no doubt Wilbs was the dressing room leader and the conduit. However, this is pro sport. You don't keep people around just because they keep the players pecker up - if they are a coach, fair dues but why **** around with someone who thinks he should be - and can at a lower team - be playing 

There is nothing to see here other than a great servant to our club leaving with our best wishes to go to a club nearer home. Why more has to be made of it is beyond me...

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I'd wholly understand and accept that he wanted to move up north and we cancelled his contract out of respect of it weren't for that deleted article. 

*It just makes sense that higher beings got involved.

*bugger, ..now we need to consider the possibility of alien involvement ?

He's passed a medical (what sort) to do so he had to travel to Bolton (or somewhere!) then sign a contract supposedly with Bolton but do we really know that? All it takes is a few 'men in black' types to concoct and communicate the scenario to the wider population (like me, but also o thin people too)and surely we'd all believe it unquestioningly? - unless the public have an enquiring mind amongst them such as a copper called Fordy who it transpires is like a dog with a bone (ignore that bit Rudolph, you have a filthy mind!)...

Did anyone witness Wilbs leaving the South West?, anyone see him on a train, or driving up a motorway? No? That's what I thought, so the prospect that 'higher beings', as Fordy puts it, or aliens from who knows where have abducted Wilbs and teletransported or beamed him up somewhere (Scotty could even be in cahoots, its possible, and the name is a serious coincidence doncha think?) the believable part of this is that he underwent some kind of medical examination, and aint that what aliens ALWAYS DO?  ... What planet is Wilbs on right now? .. come to think of it what planet is any of us on? 

One thing I do know is there's loads of conspiracy theorists out there who are capable of making up the most bazaar and fanciful scenarios, and we should all be very careful not to allow ourselves to be dragged into their weird and twisted ways of thinking... ;) 

Since this move was announced I have been pondering whether it's right to pass on some information regarding Wilbs new contract or not but I think I can say certain things. 

His previous contract was less than 10k a week. His new deal was coaching and retained as a player for less than half his previous weekly wage, I was led to believe that he was looking elsewhere and when it was announced he had signed a new deal it was certainly a surprise to the person who told me what the new offer was. If Bolton are offering 4k a week or more for a year that's better than what we offered and I for one don't blame him for taking it as it also puts him closer to home 

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I haven't even started on the fact that Wilbs thanked Cotts in his exit interview but didn't mention LJ. Although I did stop watching after 3/5 minutes. 

You should have carried on listening.... after praising Cotts, Wilbs went on to say "the manager here telling me I wouldn't play much made me lose my fight and left me feeling deflated".

Praise indeed and a master class in motivation from "the manager".... if you're  given any sort of playing contract surely you should feel you've some reasonable chance of decent game time - if you're fit and performing.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Maybe Monkeh. Maybe. 

Then we have to consider why we'd strengthen a relegation rivals squad out of the goodness of our own hearts. Wilbs was our player. He'd have been worth keeping solely to not strengthen Bolton. 

Chelsea let Cech go to Arsenal in recognition of his service. Likewise Matic to Utd despite Juve wanting him too. They could have obstructed both moves.

From the Post:

Lee Johnson told the official Bristol City website: "Aaron is joining Bolton after passing a medical. It’s difficult because we didn’t want to lose Aaron but it’s a fantastic deal that he has been offered by Bolton.

"He’s been away from his family when he’s lived in Bristol and this now gives him a chance to be back with his wife and daughter.

"It also gives him the opportunity to kick on with the playing side of his game, which he really wants."

It's a shame to see him go. I could see it coming for ages since our first season back in the championship really. He was only here for depth and sentimental/ his popularity with the other players. I feel that there may be a clause in the deal where we receive money whether in installments or something, once there ban is over. Otherwise we have received money through loopholes etc. When players leave clubs it's usually planned long before. I find it hard to believe that  he was offered that contract and then it was cancelled or whatever. This id very dodgy. Maybe Bolton saw an opportunity, seeing that it isn't unreasonable for a nearly 38 year old to be out of contract, to sign a decent player who wasn't out of contract, if that makes sense!

6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Just watched all of the interview.

To be precise he said Cotterill was "massive" for him.

Didn't mention LJ by name but did refer to a talk with the "manager" which made him "lose his fight" and "feel defeated", hence why he left.

7 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

The 1 year deal with Wilbs as I said at the time was sentiment over sensible, it was good business on our part to let him go, and perhaps SL did see the business sense in that. 

Was a 'jobs for the boys' situation,which is where we shouldn't be going...best thing for all parties him moving on.

Maybe Lee was wanting to hang on to Wilbs in some respects to have his hand held-a supportive,strong personality with the respect of the players- re:the dressing room..??

I think Lee,the bluster aside,has niggling doubts-lacks a little confidence/belief in himself.

Like any footballer he would go where the money is, if Bolton offered what we were paying him he would obviously go if only to be with his family and for more game time, if they offered him a grand a week less than he was getting here then he would of stayed

8 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

- so many on here have said. I can find plenty of evidence that they were put under one, but nothing that they have been released from it.

Its also been said that they can neither sign anyone but free nor pay anyone over £4.5k - although I don't know how credible the wages thing is.

Now, having 'signed' a new one year contract with us - announced on 7/7, Albie certainly was not a free agent. Nor could he plausibly be considered to be paid 4.5k or under - he was one of our higher earners.

Factor in the Bolton reporters mysteriously deleted 'City hierarchy vetoed Albie deal' article - there certainly are some fishy goings on here.

I'd like to think we let him go on a free with best wishes, so why not just say that? What's all this undisclosed fee business that we know Bolton aren't allowed to pay?

I bet when you were at school you had no mates and used to wear hot pants. 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Really.....where are you reading this from?

EFL FFP RULES - click here

@Fordy62

Where does the £4.5k pw come from too?  £600k pa for a one year deal, that's £12k pw.

No idea how much Wilbs is on though, but he'll be on more than Jamie Mac and Dean Holden you'd suspect....which might 'grate' with them or higher up...the playing factor is not really a factor...or it shouldn't be!

I do agree that 'undisclosed' is one term / phrase I was not expecting to see on the announcement.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15149092.EFL_clarifies_position_on_Wanderers__embargo_and_rejected_vote/

This was the article I read about squad numbers, If both clubs are claiming a fee was paid then unless they are both lying (and why would they?) either Bolton are under an embargo that allows fees to be paid, or they are no longer under an embargo.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Just watched all of the interview.

To be precise he said Cotterill was "massive" for him.

Didn't mention LJ by name but did refer to a talk with the "manager" which made him "lose his fight" and "feel defeated", hence why he left.

At last.....enough said.

9 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Hot Buzz! Policeman sacked for smoking cannabis while on duty after a colleague smelled weed coming from his patrol car

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3180717/Hot-Buzz-Policeman-sacked-smoking-cannabis-duty-colleague-smelled-weed-coming-patrol-car.html#ixzz4olK6R6so 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

9 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Meddling from the owner? Never. He doesn't does, he? Who does he think he is - Silvio B?

don't forget the owner only meddles when things are bad but never meddles when things are going well,

It's almost as if it's invented to have a dig or something

9 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

It's clear bloody evidence and supports the breaking news that City are in a mess.

Yes Wilbraham left after his last 24 pay cheques bounced. Meanwhile Matty Taylor has had a slap fight with Johnson. Đurić has had his right leg amputated at the hip after team orders to shed weight. The Franco African bloke is a con and has never kicked a ball before. Flint and Bryan are being sold after their love child threatened to sell his story to The Mail. Magnussen doesn't get picked any more after his sex change. Nor Taylor Moore ( now 'Doris,). Pack won't get picked this season following a new tattoo on his arse that is less than complimentary to Marina Dolman. The entire U21 squad are under investigation for sexually assaulting a scout leader. Our new skipper does sexual favours on the BBQ to get the arm band. The food vouchers were actually a con and never existed. Nor did #DownMarketStreet. Our kit next season is definitely blue. Johnson is an alien. A small one. Etc etc.

In other news a model pro has been allowed to move to a smaller squad in his local area to continue his career after great service to Bristol City. Good luck to him.

You couldn't make it up, only at City… :disapointed2se:

Archived