IGNORED

The offical...where will we finish this season poll

The Humble Realist

Where will Bristol City finish in the league this season?  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do not have a clue what will happen this season. I could make a plausible argument for us to have an outside shot at the play-offs or a plausible argument for us to be relegated by Easter. My head says we will finish between 16th and 20th. Really I think we need to finish 14th or above in order to say we have made any real sort of progress. I do not think that is impossible but I have nonetheless voted bottom 8 but not relegated...

I really think it depends on who manages us throughout the whole season.

I personally don't think LJ is the right man for the job ( just my opinion, before people slag me for being negative etc!) and if he's here all season then I expect a big relegation battle.

But..... we will see!

16th. The games absolutely not played on paper... But on paper we only look better than a handful of teams :facepalm:

That being said, there's always one side that makes an unlikely go for it, Huddersfield of last season for example.

Fingers crossed we win the race to be the 50th side to be given Premier League status eh!

13th - 16th as it currently stands with the squad, hopefully not involving a flirt with relegation along the way. 

However, I don't think we are far away from a (bottom) top half finish, maybe even higher with a bit of luck thrown in, as long as we recruit another couple of quality additions.

It sounds as though they are working hard behind the scenes to get these players in so lets hope they are successful.

13 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I really think it depends on who manages us throughout the whole season.

I personally don't think LJ is the right man for the job ( just my opinion, before people slag me for being negative etc!) and if he's here all season then I expect a big relegation battle.

But..... we will see!

I really don't believe LJ will be here all season if we do struggle. I'm convinced SL's perseverance last season was based on a belief LJ would ultimately work out rather than blind faith or loyalty. Another season of struggle and I think that belief will subside.

I really think it could go either way with LJ - I've got my doubts for sure but a lot of people in the game seem to rate him and maybe, with the players having had a year to develop, he'll show us the reason why. Am I right in thinking that, based on the points per game average for his time in charge we would be something like tenth in the league?

27 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Firmly believe Johnson will be gone by January. With that in mind I think we'll be flirting with relegation again the whole season.

If he did not go last season ,he's going nowhere this season .I've voted us to be relegated because Tammy carried the team and our defence and goalkeeper situation looks far from idea I think other teams will pick us apart player by player because Johnson struggles during games

If he goes back to 433 we are dead. Can he make the big decisions quickly enough to bring it round if it goes wobbly?. Is he a manager or a coach? If he learned from last season how to get the basis right and the kids have msturedwe could do quite well. Between 10 and 6th.

Archived