IGNORED

300 seats in s24 available.

Packman

Not sure if mentioned already but there are close to 300 seats in section s24 of the south stand available. (right next to singing section) for some reason I think they wanted to keep half the block empty however it looks like they have sold out all other seats, so if you're after a good atmosphere and view I suggest you act now.

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

They hold back S24 every home game but its the first time they've actually held back half the block so that its cut off from S25.

I've no idea why they do this - maybe @Mkelly can shed some light on it.

I'd hazard a guess its so they can easily police who actually has a ticket in the 'singing section' and that someone from another block who may fancy going into it won't be able to.

I don't understand why they open the Upper Lansdown for families and nobody else until the rest of the ground is virtually sold out. I know 3 people who aren't going because they want to go up there, surely they aren't the only ones either. I would understand it if it wasn't open at all, but all this "we are looking to give a family friendly experience" is nonsense. What are these families going to do when it is opened for everyone - not bother going at all? Will everyone be warned some supporters may have a shout?

15 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I reckon the seats will have sheets/ covers over them.

Can't see that happening because they are selling those seats now so can't put covers on them. Like others have said it's a bit unfair that the last people to buy their tickets will get the best choice and others who paid a few days/weeks ago have to sit at the front with a terrible view. It might be worth trying to swap tho if that applies to you.

At a guess are they worried if they sell tickets in the block there will be complaints as people can see because of the singers standing in the block next to them. Maybe they are keeping this clear until they see it working on Saturday and then decide for future matches. But that can't be right as the singers are in the corner as such aren't they, right up against the Dolman?

My friend got a season ticket in that block wanting to be near to the singing section, seat 15 I think which was the closest they could get. So looks as if there will be 14 seats per row free in the section. Not sure I understand the logic I know his preference was to be in there and if not as close as possible, so seat 1 if possible on the end of the row! To now hear the tickets will likely be sold each game this late on it could end up looking a bit empty and compromise on the atmosphere?

Its going to be a nightmare trying to get a seat in the singing section if your a group of friends. Because there will be people in there no doubt without tickets for that block. Gone are the days of staying in the pub till 2.50pm unless they got a plan in place

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

I don't understand why they open the Upper Lansdown for families and nobody else until the rest of the ground is virtually sold out. I know 3 people who aren't going because they want to go up there, surely they aren't the only ones either. I would understand it if it wasn't open at all, but all this "we are looking to give a family friendly experience" is nonsense. What are these families going to do when it is opened for everyone - not bother going at all? Will everyone be warned some supporters may have a shout?

I agree, even if it's only a few rows of one block at a time. If people are happy to pay top dollar to sit up there, then why not let them..?!

2 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

My friend got a season ticket in that block wanting to be near to the singing section, seat 15 I think which was the closest they could get. So looks as if there will be 14 seats per row free in the section. Not sure I understand the logic I know his preference was to be in there and if not as close as possible, so seat 1 if possible on the end of the row! To now hear the tickets will likely be sold each game this late on it could end up looking a bit empty and compromise on the atmosphere?

Or, come kick off, they can just move across to the empty seats. 

Just now, ollywhyte said:

How come they are being sold?

I was told when i tried to book a season ticket next to the singing section that this would be the case as it is the only way to stop people walking across the seats into the singing section.

Are you sure the seats being sold are next to the singing section?

31 minutes ago, cynic said:

They are on sale.....

Just checked on the official site, looks like they are for sale, not sure how they are going to stop fans crossing over into the unreserved section S25-7.

28 minutes ago, bakes said:

I was told when i tried to book a season ticket next to the singing section that this would be the case as it is the only way to stop people walking across the seats into the singing section.

Are you sure the seats being sold are next to the singing section?

Apparently so.

I'm thinking it's for POTD singers (lots of complaints about lack of tickets for the Atyeo last year) so holding them back. 

What blocks are singing blocks again? 

Surely it's simple, assign the singer's their blocks and then the two blocks either side are sold with the note that you are beside the singers and the noise level is high. If that isn't suitable, pick another block. 

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Apparently so.

I'm thinking it's for POTD singers (lots of complaints about lack of tickets for the Atyeo last year) so holding them back. 

What blocks are singing blocks again? 

Surely it's simple, assign the singer's their blocks and then the two blocks either side are sold with the note that you are beside the singers and the noise level is high. If that isn't suitable, pick another block. 

S25, S26 and S27 are the singing section and all unreserved, could be interesting tomorrow as i  am sure people will try to get into these 3 blocks because they sold out quickly.

4 hours ago, wood_red said:

Agree. I'm in the Lower  Lansdown, but if I'd didn't  have a ST I would be very annoyed at seeing the Upper Lansdown empty while having to buy a seat at pitch level. Crazy.

34 minutes ago, bakes said:

Just checked on the official site, looks like they are for sale, not sure how they are going to stop fans crossing over into the unreserved section S25-7.

Yes, 204 left now in S24 so almost 100 have been sold. - At least that means there won't be netting, which would look awful and defeat the official line that they want the singing to spread out from S25-27 to the rest of the stand(s).

There will be strict ticket checks I expect - but people will still move to that area if they want......they always do.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Agree. I'm in the Lower  Lansdown, but if I'd didn't  have a ST I would be very annoyed at seeing the Upper Lansdown empty while having to buy a seat at pitch level. Crazy.

And the top halfs of the lower three centre blocks are corporate, leading to lots of empty plum seats most games. We're going to build a great stand, but you have no chance of being able to sit in your preferred seats.

On 04/08/2017 at 18:09, cynic said:

200 now..

The rest of that stand is sold out (bar one seat) so hopefully a bit of noise and atmosphere from that end :yes:

Still big gaps in E34, E28, and W11 - not as big gaps as in the Atyeo though, be nice to see that full a few times this season.

And yet BS kicked loads of us out of the front 18 rows of W11 for this season....and now there's hardly anyone in there. WTFs that all out??

Archived