IGNORED

City fans coming down from Worcester/Cheltenham/Gloucester ANOTHER lorry has overturned

I live near j14 (Thornbury exit) already 2 hour delay and rising - 2 lanes and hard shoulder closed until 12 at least. A38 alternative already has long delays from 6am.

Got to feel sorry for Barnsley fans, coaches etc,

Fortunately as a local I can go across country via the farm lanes but coaches won't fit down these roads. UK traffic is a bloody nightmare in school holidays

5 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Only 9am already so should be clear for most football traffic ?

Saying midday at least before full reopening. And I expect there will be residual delays all over.

Official advice is to leave the m5 at J11A (Brockworth bypass) and join the a417 and then come back along the m4. 

A38 is already suffering. 

2 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Saying midday at least before full reopening. And I expect there will be residual delays all over.

Official advice is to leave the m5 at J11A (Brockworth bypass) and join the a417 and then come back along the m4. 

A38 is already suffering. 

Could always go down A48, through Lydney, and over the bridge?

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Ffs. There are some crap drivers about. Probably cut up by some **** texting. 

I hate stereotyping but school holidays. As someone who does 30k mileage a year these six weeks are the ones I hate the most. Simply accident nearly every day. It can't be a coincidence

9 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

Could always go down A48, through Lydney, and over the bridge?

I find M50, cut through along the Wye and out by Chepstow race course is good. As long as you don't get stuck behind something doing 25mph

33 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Save the planet by towing your accommodation hundreds of miles. Hate the things. 

Any caravan journey should be limited to 03.00 - 03.30 in the morning and that's it, they're a bloody scourge.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Any caravan journey should be limited to 03.00 - 03.30 in the morning and that's it, they're a bloody scourge.

I've recently towed a caravan over a thousand miles in France, not a problem, 65 mph and holding no one up. 

Yes, there are dodgy caravan drivers, exactly the same as there are bad car and lorry drivers, but also add in that our road network in this country is absolute shite. Basically one route through the whole country, as it has been since the 70's when the motorways were built.

The only difference with our roads since the 70's is that now they have the added pleasure of pot holes, bad surfaces and too much traffic for purpose! 

Anyway.... back to the football.... got to feel for the Barnsley fans who probably won't get to the game now!.

Come off at j14 and go left. If you go right the a38 past thornbury is stuffed. The road through tortworth, iron Acton to yate is clear. 

Good for me, as it meant I persuaded the Mrs to drop me at yate station and get the train so I can now have a few beers. Saved me driving to the match. 

Archived