IGNORED

At Long Last...

Corsham Ed

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yup, nothing like the end of the first game of a fresh new season to give you that nervous feeling of hope and expectation fear and trepidation. It's been a long time but like you said the day is here at last.

4 minutes ago, freezer said:

Yes, at last it's here. Football day.....pies, beers, mates, no DIY, shopping etc.

Must admit I awoke with a footie semi lob on this morning :laughcont:

Up The City

And you still didn't do any DIY..?! 

What a day!

A visit to Thatchers cider shop to restock at 9 this morning, all the excitement of the build up to kick off, then...hopefully celebrations this afternoon/evening.

Hoping desperately not to get the all too familiar Saturday afternoon frustration of last season and calls of Johnson out from about 3.20. Today, and this season, WILL BE better. :fingerscrossed:

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

@downendcityyou are of course right, but I live in hope that at least for the first few moments of the match today I am correct! :sun:

Don't we all.

Meant to add that fingers crossed  that hope last for more than just the first few moments of today's match, but I guess we have all become realists because of the last 2 seasons.

Barnsley are without injured summer signings, winger Lloyd Isgrove (foot), centre-back Liam Lindsay (groin) and left-back Zeki Fryers (hamstring). 

Stevie Mallan, Jason McCarthy, Cameron McGeehan, Ethan Pinnock, Ike Ugbo and Joe Williams could make their debuts.

Match facts

• Bristol City boss Lee Johnson has won two of his four previous opening-day matches as a manager, losing once (D1).
  • The Robins have either scored exactly two goals or none in each of their last eight season openers (four of each).
  • The Tykes have lost their last four season openers, shipping three or more goals in three of those games. This is their longest-ever run of opening-day defeats.
  • The Robins are unbeaten in 15 home games in all competitions against the Tykes (W10 D5), last losing in October 1993.
  • 47 of the 62 Championship goals (excluding own goals) scored by Barnsley players last season were netted by players now not at the club (76%).

What can possibly go wrong?  :10_1_108: 

Archived