IGNORED

Smoke

COACH2

30 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Although not working today I understand from other officers that 2  Bcfc fans have been arrested for these smoke grenades.

no other details known at this stage but will update once more known.

hope everyone is ok

Good.

ban them.

38 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Although not working today I understand from other officers that 2  Bcfc fans have been arrested for these smoke grenades.

no other details known at this stage but will update once more known.

hope everyone is ok

I immediately thought of the children.

34 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I bloody love the smoke... I've also got a breathing problem ... dont care love it

This... to a degree.

I would never attempt to speak for everyone but I suffer from Asthma as do other posters. 

Personally, a smoke bomb/ flare et al has never triggered my asthma in any way.

if you don't think they add to the atmosphere then I vehemently disagree - you've clearly never been "in" one.

2 minutes ago, UK0wnag3 said:

This... to a degree.

I would never attempt to speak for everyone but I suffer from Asthma as do other posters. 

Personally, a smoke bomb/ flare et al has never triggered my asthma in any way.

if you don't think they add to the atmosphere then I vehemently disagree - you've clearly never been "in" one.

plenty of us remember what the ground was once like and how noisy it was. these wannabe ultra gimmicks were not part of it then and are not part of modern football either.

I knew there'd be a thread moaning about this.. looks like it was posted whilst the game was going on too!

Obviously there was going to be that sort of thing today - people in high spirits being first day of the season, flag day and good weather means people will be drinking pretty early and in a boisterous mood. In my opinion it's a real shame that clubs/H&S is so draconian about it in this country. 

Would be good if they invented a version that gives off the colour but wasn't supposedly "hazardous" - water vapour maybe?

Think they're great personally and made the great atmosphere even better.

2 hours ago, COACH2 said:

Will the fracking idiots with smoke/flares go home it adds nothing to the enjoyment of people coughing and struggling to see

It was colored smoke not mustard gas.

I think it adds to the atmosphere and don't understand why the club and the police have such a problem with it.

I certainly didn't see anyone coughing or struggling to see, and I did have a good look round as it drifted round the stadium.

In many stadiums abroad it would be unheard of not to have flares, everyone is so precious and PC and H&S to ridiculous extremes here it seems.

We've had that fantastic performance today, best start to a season for a good while with a great atmosphere to boot and all some people want to take away from the day is the crime of a bit of red smoke being let off. Need to lighten up I reckon!  

30 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

So why are they not a problem In other countries? Or are British Lungs perticularly sensitive? Much worse pours out the back of a car.

In other Countries there is an acceptance and tolerance due to long standing supporter culture. Long standing supporter cultures that do not, or barely exist here.

I think it adds to the atmosphere, take away the pyro's you may as well take away the flags also and the singing section. Its all part of the package of modern football which i agree ain't great in all aspects but this adds to the experience. How many of us have slated teams like Fulham with there clappers things do we really wanna go down that route of being plain and boring.

I don't agree it added to the atmosphere at all.

What I can't understand is what security are doing letting this sort of device into the stadium. These flares are fairly harmless but if you can smuggle them in what else could get in. Maybe OTT but with recent terrorists attacks better safe than sorry.

5 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

I think it adds to the atmosphere, take away the pyro's you may as well take away the flags also and the singing section. Its all part of the package of modern football which i agree ain't great in all aspects but this adds to the experience. How many of us have slated teams like Fulham with there clappers things do we really wanna go down that route of being plain and boring.

I don't have a problem with them but I struggle to follow this logic. 

Archived