IGNORED

Smoke

COACH2

22 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

You have previous for missing the point and you have done it impecibly again. You're also the same bloke who had a go at London City fans for organising a boozer to watch a Sky game.... Tut tut.

I have been merely pointing out here how bat shit crazy it is that people are getting their knickers in their twist about it. When you look at the big picture of what's going on in the world it hardly warrants a which hunt. And the copper posting on here every 5 mins should use their time more efficiently I think.

In the grand scheme of things me running a van into the B&O store, at 3 in the morning, because I fancy a nice telly and stereo is nothing, not sure I'd get away with it though.

If you feel so enamoured by smoke why don't you do it rather than encourage others?

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's fine - but you're commenting an inordinate amount on the thread largely saying the same things over and over.. it's illegal etc 

I always read your posts as if it's your furious monkey avatar screeching them which always probably makes them seem a bit more abrupt and angry than they were intended!

monkey.JPG

Well it is illegal and it is encroaching on both fellow fans and the club.

I can't believe there is an argument on this?  If you want to change the law then do it, if not then wave your penis substitute in the air and get banned.

9 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

2 things:

1) What else is going on the world is totally unrelated to this, so I have no idea why you keep bring that ridiculous point up. It's not a witch(sic) hunt, it's simply illegal. No ifs, no buts, it's illegal and if people continue to let off smoke flares/bombs/fireworks (whatever you want to call them) the whole club will be landed in serious bother, the end. If you want that to change, the best idea is to lobby against the law, not flout the law and show zero respect for your fellow supporters, the club, the police, and society.

2) Julie H, is the Avon & Somerset Police Supporters Liaison Officer, so she is doing her job. Personally I think it's a very efficient use of her time if it means cretins like yourself (and the people you are sticking up for) play no part in us losing points and/or facing sanctions from the FA.

Your clear lack of respect for anything & everything says much about you. You seem to think everybody else is the idiot, but you are the one coming across as an ignorant knuckle-dragger.

Personally I think smoke can add to an atmosphere, however, it's illegal, and we are fully in the spotlight thanks to a minority. The officials are out to make an example of a club, and I have a feeling we are top of their list. So the best thing would be for people to leave the smoke at home for a long period of time and let things calm dow, then if they had any sense, start a campaign in a formal/different way. I really would hate for the club I support to be tarnished by a few mindless idiots who have an chip on their shoulder about the authorities and the law. I know I am not alone, and I suspect if this continues then there will be trouble in the stands from people fed up that a few mindless ********* can't control themselves. 

Saying all that though I know all this will fall on deaf ears, because simple concepts are seemingly very difficult for your type to grasp.

This cracked me up. You missed the point after I just posted about missing the point. And at the end you said that it's ME that can't grasp simple concepts!

But to address the coherent parts of your post;

Where have I showed zero respect for fans or the police? You have taken comments I made out of context. Once again, I don't endorse the use of smoke bombs and I don't want the club to get into trouble. What is bothering me is the hyperbolic reaction and witch hunts. 

And yes, I'm looking at this in the context of wider society. I do have other interests and opinions apart from football, young man.

Julie's position doesn't change the fact that I think that it's utterly bizarre that a police officer spends time posting on a football forum. I find it rather sinister. She might act like she is helping us out....

Anyway, I think I have made my point so I will let the madness carry on... As you were.

13 minutes ago, RumRed said:

In the grand scheme of things me running a van into the B&O store, at 3 in the morning, because I fancy a nice telly and stereo is nothing, not sure I'd get away with it though.

If you feel so enamoured by smoke why don't you do it rather than encourage others?

Exactly mate, I`d like to not have to pay my TV License but saying in court that I don`t believe it should be the law as a defence wouldn`t get me very far.

There are lots of laws I don`t believe in but it doesn`t make me immune from the consequences of breaking them.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Exactly mate, I`d like to not have to pay my TV License but saying in court that I don`t believe it should be the law as a defence wouldn`t get me very far.

There are lots of laws I don`t believe in but it doesn`t make me immune from the consequences of breaking them.

......and I agree about the smoke looking good...... so would someone else's £10,000 in a holdall in the boot of my car.

21 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

You have previous for missing the point and you have done it impecibly again. You're also the same bloke who had a go at London City fans for organising a boozer to watch a Sky game.... Tut tut.

I have been merely pointing out here how bat shit crazy it is that people are getting their knickers in their twist about it. When you look at the big picture of what's going on in the world it hardly warrants a which hunt. And the copper posting on here every 5 mins should use their time more efficiently I think.

There are City fans who are vulnerable and easily led. When someone is caught for this, it's likely to be a vulnerable person.
They probably will have been egged on by their mates or someone who just doesn't have the balls to do it themselves.
While they carry the (smoke?) can for an illegal act, the cowardly 'yeah it's great but you wouldn't catch me doing it' types will continue to pontificate about 'smoke' not being allowed, life is unfair, blah blah blah

So, if people are getting their knickers into a twist, it's probably down to concern for their fellow reds, the welfare of people caught up in some ideological bun fight about what creates a great atmosphere and the possible negative consequences to the club. But hey, it's only my point of view.

Meanwhile, someone is 'getting their knickers in their twist' (sic) about Adam B and 'the copper' frequenting OTIB on a regular basis and telling people how things are.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's fine - but you're commenting an inordinate amount on the thread largely saying the same things over and over.. it's illegal etc 

I always read your posts as if it's your furious monkey avatar screeching them which always probably makes them seem a bit more abrupt and angry than they were intended!

monkey.JPG

I think the look good and I'm all for me don't get me wrong but anything that will cause is problems I'm against,

as I said educate prove we can do it safely get a product like the v ape thing that's been suggested and get the club involed and they will support it, like they did with the safe standing,

the way people are going about it is wrong

3 hours ago, Collis1 said:

Julie's position doesn't change the fact that I think that it's utterly bizarre that a police officer spends time posting on a football forum. I find it rather sinister. She might act like she is helping us out....

Anyway, I think I have made my point so I will let the madness carry on... As you were.

You're paranoid Mate. Why shouldn't a police officer post on a football forum, its open to everyone regardless of occupation and I always thought that you were against censorship of individual's,  and its not like she is doing it every five minutes as per a previous post of yours.

On 18/08/2017 at 14:57, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Okay. I'm not taking smoke or flares into a stadium. I've never set one off anywhere or even held one. However I enjoy pyro at football, be it with City or another team. That said the idea that someone is likely to set one off and instantly try and ditch it to avoid prosecution does unnerve me and is of course a safety hazard. 

My argument is that this can be done safely and effectively producing visual stunning displays. However as @Up The City! says if it means people cannot be part of an exciting part of the ground for health reasons then I'd not want to restrict them. 

Therefore the case study should be the Pyro section at Orlando City and how successful this section is and how those will health concerns find it, or are they unable to go near it. My view since this thread began has changed, however that doesn't mean it shouldn't be something that is explored and experimented with, and perhaps the law will change. 

Giving you a lot of respect for this.

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

It appears their 'Bravado' wore off when actually pulled up on it.

Yes, Mike Kelly has published a letter on this Forum telling everyone the rules and what will happen if they disregard them.  If these idiots persist after the warnings,  then they deserve all they get and that's a ban and a possible prison sentence.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Met a family today who were near the red smoke at Brentford.  They had a six year old with them at the game and were very frightened by the incident. Not a harmless bit of fun but a dangerous as well as illegal activity 

Absolutely right. Hopefully we`ve seen the last of them now unless they do become in some way legal in the future. I can`t see it myself though.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Met a family today who were near the red smoke at Brentford.  They had a six year old with them at the game and were very frightened by the incident. Not a harmless bit of fun but a dangerous as well as illegal activity 

On 16/08/2017 at 19:13, JulieH said:

Can Confirm there were 3 smoke grenades at Birmingham. Caught on cctv and I understand 2 males arrested . Awaiting update from west mids as to result of process.

there was also a further smoke grenade on the first goal at Brentford from city fans. I was at the front and can confirm the smoke was pretty dense with 2 persons needing first aid for breathing difficulties. CCTV is being reviewed to day.

this is in spite of searches and sniffer dogs on entry.

as it stands Bristol city have the worst record in the league for these items, I have read this thread and fully appreciate differing views on this items however as the law stands possession of a smoke grenade/ flare at a regulated football match is an arrest able offence. 

The circumstances of each possession are assessed prior to arrest by the detaining officer and if charged there is every likelihood of a 3 year football ban in court. This has massive ramifications on anyone .

i would urge anyone considering taking one of these in to add to the atmosphere to think again. Just cheer louder or sing longer, you will not end up with a football ban then. !

Sorry to seem to be a moaning Minnie, i don't mean it to but away games now could see enhanced searching, which was obviously takes time and effects 99% of the crowd who are innocent for 1% who have a smoke grenade canister secreted somewhere!!!

And still the police offer crime reference numbers as a investigative solution to burglary. 

Rant over. 

On 20/08/2017 at 11:36, CotswoldRed said:

And still the police offer crime reference numbers as a investigative solution to burglary. 

Rant over. 

I imagine if you can offer up the same level of detailed CCTV and actionable evidence to the police after a burglary as these football clubs can... you'd have people arrested as well. 

There will be a reason teams like Watford don't allow us to POTD - it's so they can put names to a lot of tickets purchased. 

Archived