IGNORED

Ratings

old_eastender

5 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Again clear lack of understanding. The game was won and they closed it out comfortably....very common for teams to dominante one half and contain the second.

It's not about disagreeing, it's about being wrong and not understanding.

The only thing people will agree on is the fact you are a complete fool and nob and your lording over people is tiresome and shows you up as the lonely asshat you obviously are

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

One of the reasons I didn't miss this forum over the summer is having to read stuff by firmly on the spectrum types like yourself.

Anyway, I dcisagree with you analysis football genius.

I'm not a genius just understand it better than moat.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

One of the reasons I didn't miss this forum over the summer is having to read stuff by firmly on the spectrum types like yourself.

Anyway, I dcisagree with you analysis football genius.

He knows the game. Had better shut up, Robbo

Bit late to this one, been too much other stuff to read.

For info 6/10 is a player having an average game (no decimal places)

Fielding - 6 - little to do, took a couple of crosses.

Pisano - 7 - very encouraging debut, did all that could be asked of him.  Got forward, and put in decent balls on the run.  Defensively sound, couple of times his awareness of danger and therefore positioning was exemplary, even though though he didn't need to intervene.  Astute signing based on all of 90 minutes.

Bryan - 8 - probably the best game I've seen him play at conventional left back.  Got very tight, and used added (?) strength to come away with the ball several times.  Willing as ever to go forward, great burst for the third.  A lot to like, and a lot to worry about if other teams are lurking with £10m!

Wright - 7 - captain, and it showed. Led by example.  Very physical, and proof that you don't need to be 6'5"+ to be good in the air.  So much more competent on the right side on his right foot.  Actually looked like he can play!

Hegeler - 7 - nervous opening 10, but classy after that to scrape a 7.  Easy to miss that he positions himself well.  Easy to miss that his first touch buys him that split second extra. Two feet, and that is a bonus for a CB.  Anticipated balls into striker's feet well, and put them under challenge.

Brownhill - 7 - industrious, excellent keep ball down the right in triangles with Pisano and whoever else.  Only thing lacking was that bit of composure in goalscoring positions.  Unlucky with early shot against bar.  Crucial to the way we play.

Smith - 6 - thought he was decent, but not good enough for a 7.  Showed signs of the Korey of 15/16 before the ankle got too bad.  Busy, and got into last third.

Pack - 8 - excellent all game, drove us on, passed well, tackled well, anticipated and pressed well.  Great shot in first half.  Perhaps the man to shine this season out of him and Korey.  Much more influential in final third than we are used to seeing.

Paterson - 7 - thought some the positions he got into with and without the ball were key (like Josh) to the way we are setting up to play.  Rarely lost the ball, linked well with Bryan, and great little ball into Bobby for second goal.  Seems stronger too.

Diedhiou - 7 - goal, better header on tv than I gave him credit for at the time.  Worked tirelessly, key role in Reid's opener.  Does a lot of dirty work, which Wilbs did for Kodjia.  I think he will get better too as he adjusts to the pace.  Two good feet, physical, lays it off well, keeps it simple.  Asset.

Reid - 9 - 2 goals and assist...tip of the iceberg in an impressive performance.  Worked so hard, providing quality in the final third.  Put defenders under pressure, won a couple of tackles, and even a couple of headers against their CBs.  Encouraging start.

Engvall, Flint and O'Dowda - 6s,  little to write up.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bit late to this one, been too much other stuff to read.

For info 6/10 is a player having an average game (no decimal places)

Fielding - 6 - little to do, took a couple of crosses.

Pisano - 7 - very encouraging debut, did all that could be asked of him.  Got forward, and put in decent balls on the run.  Defensively sound, couple of times his awareness of danger and therefore positioning was exemplary, even though though he didn't need to intervene.  Astute signing based on all of 90 minutes.

Bryan - 8 - probably the best game I've seen him play at conventional left back.  Got very tight, and used added (?) strength to come away with the ball several times.  Willing as ever to go forward, great burst for the third.  A lot to like, and a lot to worry about if other teams are lurking with £10m!

Wright - 7 - captain, and it showed. Led by example.  Very physical, and proof that you don't need to be 6'5"+ to be good in the air.  So much more competent on the right side on his right foot.  Actually looked like he can play!

Hegeler - 7 - nervous opening 10, but classy after that to scrape a 7.  Easy to miss that he positions himself well.  Easy to miss that his first touch buys him that split second extra. Two feet, and that is a bonus for a CB.  Anticipated balls into striker's feet well, and put them under challenge.

Brownhill - 7 - industrious, excellent keep ball down the right in triangles with Pisano and whoever else.  Only thing lacking was that bit of composure in goalscoring positions.  Unlucky with early shot against bar.  Crucial to the way we play.

Smith - 6 - thought he was decent, but not good enough for a 7.  Showed signs of the Korey of 15/16 before the ankle got too bad.  Busy, and got into last third.

Pack - 8 - excellent all game, drove us on, passed well, tackled well, anticipated and pressed well.  Great shot in first half.  Perhaps the man to shine this season out of him and Korey.  Much more influential in final third than we are used to seeing.

Paterson - 7 - thought some the positions he got into with and without the ball were key (like Josh) to the way we are setting up to play.  Rarely lost the ball, linked well with Bryan, and great little ball into Bobby for second goal.  Seems stronger too.

Diedhiou - 7 - goal, better header on tv than I gave him credit for at the time.  Worked tirelessly, key role in Reid's opener.  Does a lot of dirty work, which Wilbs did for Kodjia.  I think he will get better too as he adjusts to the pace.  Two good feet, physical, lays it off well, keeps it simple.  Asset.

Reid - 9 - 2 goals and assist...tip of the iceberg in an impressive performance.  Worked so hard, providing quality in the final third.  Put defenders under pressure, won a couple of tackles, and even a couple of headers against their CBs.  Encouraging start.

Engvall, Flint and O'Dowda - 6s,  little to write up.

Totally agree re, the goal. At the time it looked like it went in off his ear but on TV you could see it was a superb header.

As above, but I'd give:-

Wright 8 very sound display and good leadership

Pack 9 assured, smooth, bossed it, like a conductor of an orchestra

Smith 7 kept the engine ticking

Franky 7 good distribution and handling 

Singing Corner 7 superb in the first half, faded badly in the second 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Thought Callum O'Dowda looked excellent for the brief period he was on the pitch.  He could easily become a first team regular starter this season.  

He was very unlucky when he was clotheslined on the edge of the box late on and the ref never gave it. He was bearing down on goal ready to bury it.

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Thought Callum O'Dowda looked excellent for the brief period he was on the pitch.  He could easily become a first team regular starter this season.  

Funny enough I thought the opposite. I agree he looks excellent, but his end product doesn't match up. He looks quick and direct at times but never seems to get in a cross or shot at the right time. I'm hoping something will click into place and he'll go from looking exciting to actually delivering some end product.

Archived