IGNORED

Atmosphere today

Alan Dicks

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Couldn't make it today but have been wondering what kind of difference the singers made in the ss as opposed to being in the Atyeo? Did the ss regulars join in with the songs?

I wasn't there but as an overseas fan I paid  for the live feed - there is no commentary so you get the full crowd effect. I thought the atmosphere sounded very good today. The SS corner looks and sounds the business. The Dolman A Block was as empty as I've ever seen it for a league game, possibly as some of the more hardcore support have gravitated to the SS?

So sitting in block B of the dolman.. E33.. The atmosphere was rubbish.  It used to be ok when we felt like joining in with the Atyeo singers..

Obviously yesterday Barnsley didn't bring many but I hope that both A and B block will fill up a bit and have a bit of banter with the away fans.. Or it going to be really boring this season. 

3 hours ago, Cider Queen said:

So sitting in block B of the dolman.. E33.. The atmosphere was rubbish.  It used to be ok when we felt like joining in with the Atyeo singers..

Obviously yesterday Barnsley didn't bring many but I hope that both A and B block will fill up a bit and have a bit of banter with the away fans.. Or it going to be really boring this season. 

I'm in B block too and that atmosphere was a bit flat there, certain it'll be a different story with the likes of Millwall & Villa fans next to us in the coming weeks.

3 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

I'm in the Lansdown Stand towards the Atyeo, and the atmosphere from the SS corner sounded and looked great I thought, especially in the first half! I can imagine that when we have a game that's in the balance it's gonna be really noisy all around the ground, good times!!

Agreed, second half it seemed to die off a bit, but the noise permeates, think more and more people will join in as the season goes on

I was sat just left of directors box in Lansdown stand, the noise first half especially was impressive probably as loud as I've heard for sometime, Barnsley were loud at times to be fair. I think the Atyeo with 2500 away fans from Leeds, Villa, Shef W etc will take some competing against though.

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I was sat just left of directors box in Lansdown stand, the noise first half especially was impressive probably as loud as I've heard for sometime, Barnsley were loud at times to be fair. I think the Atyeo with 2500 away fans from Leeds, Villa, Shef W etc will take some competing against though.

Leeds and Wednesday will sell out the Atyeo without a doubt

50 minutes ago, weepywall said:

The Gate will rock on those days.

22 hours ago, JakeOTIB said:

On and off. But an all-round fantastic atmosphere, one of the best I've ever seen in years!

Apart from the occasional bit of singing it was very very quiet from where I was sat in the Dolman. The second half was awful. 

Just my opinion - I'm sure plenty of you were singing, but maybe it doesn't carry. Barnsley fans were much louder and right in singing 3-0 up and you still don't sing. 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Apart from the occasional bit of singing it was very very quiet from where I was sat in the Dolman. The second half was awful. 

Just my opinion - I'm sure plenty of you were singing, but maybe it doesn't carry. Barnsley fans were much louder and right in singing 3-0 up and you still don't sing. 

Where were you in the Dolman? Was dead loud where I was.

19 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I thought it was very quiet in the second half, from W12 in the Lansdown. Took my son to the Birmingham game in S24 and (as a 4 year old) he had his fingers in his ears at times and was saying it was "too loud" as we were pressing for an equaliser. This time, neither him or my daughter at her first game came close to this reaction. They were looking across at the Barnsley fans who seemed to be making lots of noise.

Mostly down to the balance of the game though, had it been 2-2 I'm sure it would have been louder.

It was better than I expected today and the kids I took loved It, especially the flares (just like on YouTube appatently). 

Absolutely it died off in the second half but that would happen in any other game given the circumstances.

I've often wondered how loud our lot sound to away fans. So was pleased to see this vlog from a Barnsley fan who looks like he stood far left of the atyeo.  Wind on to the 3 goals and you can really here how loud our fans are in between his unintentionally hilarious commentary. With the only mic being on his phone pointing towards him, not us, I'm pretty proud how  he has to almost shout to get his voice over the commentary. 

Great work boys and girls! Let's keep that kind of racket up all season,

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's how the noise carries I think. Was more sporadic from us in the second half but I couldn't hear the Barnsley fans at all from the Dolman (F block in old money). 

Exactly how I found it too, but then again I'm sat in the same block (E29 in new money!). Did you find when our home fans were in the Williams, sorry Lansdown side of the Atyeo you could hear them much more than when they moved across to the Dolman side of the stand, their noise didn't travel down the side of the Dolman very well at all? I'm glad they have moved to the SS and they were loud in parts on Saturday.

I guess though once the game went 3-0 up it in a strange way killed the atmosphere, we sat back and so did the team. 

Archived