IGNORED

The New Football League Show seems...dare I say it?

LondonBristolian

We had better averages last year than QPR, Birmingham, Fulham, Cardiff and Reading, but all of them are perceived as being bigger. 

Personally, I quite like the fact that we're not being acknowledged as being a big Championship club.  Same thing happened last year with Huddersfield. Average 20,000 ,were thought of as being small.  Got promoted.

23 hours ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

So the usual annual Leeds, Derby, QPR, Forrest toss fest then. Nowt new then.

You forgot the big boys Villa, Boro and Sunny...

When we are in the Europa League in 4 years time, at least we might get the odd mention then...

23 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Why should we warrant a mention. After all we scored more goals than anyone else. It is only fair that in those circumstances every other club is commented upon and we are simply ignored.

One thing that can be relied upon at the start of each football season is that Channel 5 will tinker with their presentation of the Championship and produce another load of absolute dross. Jeez, that focus on the contribution of John Terry in the one point Aston Villa obtained from their home match was embarrassing. They seemed to say he was at fault for the equaliser and he was slow and then said that he would be pleased with his performance!!!

I remember the season with GJ in charge when we got to the play-off final, we were top of the league for most of the 1st half of the season and still hardly got mentioned on TV, it's as if we're invisible.

7 hours ago, Ian M said:

Hope everyone realises if we achieve the club's goal and make it to the Prem the pundits there will savage us because historically we've achieved nothing. 

Surely they won't be able to ignore our Anglo-Scottish Cup-winning credentials? ;) 

On 8/6/2017 at 06:48, Portland Bill said:

I thought both shows were decent, Murray comes across as the decent bloke I think he is, Michael Gray was sound as well.

I honestly don't see what people are moaning about, were a small fish in the Championship, I thought people would have got used to it by now!.

People are saying City did not even get a mention? We end the day top of a very embryonic table but one would have thought that merited a mention; i assume we did get a mention.. surely no, small fish or not.

On 05/08/2017 at 22:42, handsofclay said:

Why should we warrant a mention. After all we scored more goals than anyone else. It is only fair that in those circumstances every other club is commented upon and we are simply ignored.

One thing that can be relied upon at the start of each football season is that Channel 5 will tinker with their presentation of the Championship and produce another load of absolute dross. Jeez, that focus on the contribution of John Terry in the one point Aston Villa obtained from their home match was embarrassing. They seemed to say he was at fault for the equaliser and he was slow and then said that he would be pleased with his performance!!!

We no longer have a Chelsea loanee, so we ain't worth a mention. What's 45 minutes of scintillating football compared to a tentative link with the premiership?  

Any link to the prem is like catnip to them. It's like an obsession. Really pathetic and shows they don't really care that much about the real fans. 

Come on lads and lasses,we don't want to start sounding like rag bag ******,and how everything and everyone is against us,I won't be losing any sleep over some second rate football program failing to mention us.

7 hours ago, havanatopia said:

People are saying City did not even get a mention? We end the day top of a very embryonic table but one would have thought that merited a mention; i assume we did get a mention.. surely no, small fish or not.

Our highlights were sandwiched between the highlights from two other matches. After the batch of these 3 matches were shown they talked about the two other matches, trying to sound insightful, but never said a single word about City or Barnsley. When the embryonic table was shown at the end with City on top the only things that were said were a disparaging comment from CM to say in effect that a fair few teams currently in the top half will not be there come the end of the season and he then asked MG who he thinks might be and he waxed lyrical about Sheffield United yet again. Once again no mention whatsoever.

I would've thought the fact that City's two top goalscorers from last season are no longer at the club yet we scored more goals than anyone else in the division up to that point would warrant a mention.

As I mentioned earlier, the analysis they did of John Terry's performance was frankly embarrassing. 

17 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Our highlights were sandwiched between the highlights from two other matches. After the batch of these 3 matches were shown they talked about the two other matches, trying to sound insightful, but never said a single word about City or Barnsley. When the embryonic table was shown at the end with City on top the only things that were said were a disparaging comment from CM to say in effect that a fair few teams currently in the top half will not be there come the end of the season and he then asked MG who he thinks might be and he waxed lyrical about Sheffield United yet again. Once again no mention whatsoever.

I would've thought the fact that City's two top goalscorers from last season are no longer at the club yet we scored more goals than anyone else in the division up to that point would warrant a mention.

As I mentioned earlier, the analysis they did of John Terry's performance was frankly embarrassing. 

I noticed exactly the same HoC.

Any club that has been in the prem can be dubbed a sleeping giant or a big club. A team with an ex prem manager, will be dubbed Harry Redknapp's Birmingham, and such like, and if you have a well know ex premier league player in your team well, then the presenters become orgasmic. The alternative is the plucky teams like Burton.

We fit into none of the convenient categories that suite today's superficial media and that panders to equally superficial football supporters.

The only way to counter this is to do as we did 10 years ago by topping the table and being recognised for our achievements rather than any celebrity links.

Archived