IGNORED

Barnsley...thoughts

The Humble Realist

Barnsley came with a very open formation and clearly thought they could take the game to us. ..the first 20 mins of the game were like.the last 20 mins of a match.

They had little desire to 'keep it tight' and I really can't recall any sort of 'holding ' in midfield which is unusual in this day n age.

Number 10 for them looked skillful and hit the bar at nil nil ...a real.turning point in the match. 

2nd half they came out a lot tighter with 5 in midfield and this stifled us somewhat although I thought we were very wasteful in some good positions. 

Overall frankie had very little to do and that final goal was a shambles but about the only 'in the box 'action barnsley had as it was all shots from long range throughout the rest of the match. 

Fair play to their fans they kept singing in the 2nd half ...out singing our fans by the end of the game although I think the atmosphere was great today overall.  

55 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Fair play to their fans they kept singing in the 2nd half ...out singing our fans by the end of the game although I think the atmosphere was great today overall.  

:blink:They sang for about 3 mins in total and only to take the piss out of themselves when they scored. 

26 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

:blink:They sang for about 3 mins in total and only to take the piss out of themselves when they scored. 

They were singing about us not singing quite a lot ! But by then we were all relaxed and planning our Saturday nights. 

As for the team. They had relegation written all over them. 

48 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Perhaps it depends where you sit? I heard them singing a lot in the second half.

But I just thought "Ah, brave little soldiers .... whistling in the dark". They were determined to ignore the score, but it wasn't convincing.

Re: noise - it must be the acoustics.

I was in the Dolman but closer to the S82 section and barely heard the Barnsley fans all game. I could see them singing but couldn't hear. Obviously we felt very loud from where I was.

Likewise last year I barely heard the Atyeo unless it was a big and loud following, S82 I could see singing but not really hear. Noise just doesn't carry far from the Atyeo. You can probably only really hear fans in there properly up until the halfway line in the Dolman.

Think the new singing section position is good, just a shame you lose that interaction and needle with the away support that helps drive the atmosphere.

Archived