IGNORED

Entrance Music for Players

Far too loud! Now we all sit together we are more than capable of generating an atmosphere at the entrance. A minute before we tried getting a rendentin of Bring on the City going and you couldn't hear the person next to you.

Has it always been that bad in the SS?

Please turn it down, we cam do it ourselves.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

At least the sound system in the Dolman was clear. Must have been fixed over the summer.

I looked up to where the speakers were and saw some new cladding.

Not in my bit of the Dolman it wasn't, I honestly thought they hadn't done the speakers yet.

Speaking of music, did anyone else get a little twitch when Blackbird was played at full time on Saturday rather than the usual Drink Up The Cider after a win? Or is it just me? :whistle: Blackbird has always been played only after a draw or loss. Bring up Tim Shires I say. 

I didn't think it was too loud in the SS but perhaps I've just gotten used to it.

The thing is, player and manager interviews are very difficult to hear. Even after the game when Bobby was interviewed and people had left, I couldn't hear what was said that well.

1 hour ago, BCFC101 said:

Speaking of music, did anyone else get a little twitch when Blackbird was played at full time on Saturday rather than the usual Drink Up The Cider after a win? Or is it just me? :whistle: Blackbird has always been played only after a draw or loss. Bring up Tim Shires I say. 

Yep. Still belted it out but it annoyed me.

15 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If only we had someone who understood the delicacies of the Ashton Gate speaker system to play the music...

#WeMissTim

Agreed, but would he have been responsible for the entry music and its attendant volume? It has always been too loud, which is why the Atyeo lot could hear themselves sing as the players came out (no tannoy sound in there). As with everything there's no perfect answer - some people will want the music played as the teams come out, others will want the singing. Add in a variable volume across the ground and it probably can't be perfect. Leaving us with the choice of either music or no music. Can't see the club agreeing to no music, this would be giving in too much to the 'singers' and would go against the grain of modern football. Tim Shires is missed but even he couldn't ensure the volume was correct in different parts of the ground to keep everyone happy. Singers will just have to sing more loudly to drown out the music.

The music they play 5 mins before kick off is dire, it's been said before on here but they still play it.

Please change it, it adds nothing to the atmosphere, its has no connection with the club or Bristol , why oh why play it, it is the worst pre music I hear at football.

Just now, bs3 said:

The music they play 5 mins before kick off is dire, it's been said before on here but they still play it.

Please change it, it adds nothing to the atmosphere, its has no connection with the club or Bristol , why oh why play it, it is the worst pre music I hear at football.

Anyone know the name of this piece of music

3 hours ago, bs3 said:

Anyone know the name of this piece of music

Do you mean the music just before the teams come out to the William Tell/One For The Bristol City music? If so, it's called 'Battle Without Honor or Humanity'...

23 minutes ago, Float'n Over said:

I have always liked "Republica - Ready to Go" when it's been played at The Gate.  Nice and loud just in the lead up to kick off, intimidating.

Wouldn't go as far as calling it intimidating, however it does have a good ring to it.

I'm quite a fan of what Manchester City use pre-walkout, Fatboy Slim - Right Here Right Now. I think it builds the atmosphere nicely.

Speaking of Manchester clubs, I see that Untied often publish the playlists on twitter beforehand and always include a 'local' musician/band to give them the publicity of it too, could be a good oppertunity for Bristol based artists!

JD

"Do you mean the music just before the teams come out to the William Tell/One For The Bristol City music? If so, it's called 'Battle Without Honor or Humanity'..."

Thanks for posting the name of that dirge , I can find no redeeming quality in it and it just sets my teeth on edge.

Surely whoever is in charge can maybe suggest 5 tunes and we could have a vote.

I for one wouldn't mind anything by the Killers.

I am not at all a fan of music during matches. Distracts from the energy generated by the crowd. I used to absolutely cringe when the dreadful Amarillo blasted out whenever we used to score a few years ago. What on earth has that appalling song, or any song,got to do with football? Ban the lot of them!

On 06/08/2017 at 23:02, Robbored said:

At least the sound system in the Dolman was clear. Must have been fixed over the summer.

I looked up to where the speakers were and saw some new cladding.

On 07/08/2017 at 08:59, RedM said:

Not in my bit of the Dolman it wasn't, I honestly thought they hadn't done the speakers yet.

Archived