IGNORED

Birmingham Tickets (Merged)

Bobbie

The last time I was at St Andrews City conceded a late headed goal to lose 1-0. The game was forgettable but I do remember the City faithful signing  " there here, they're there, they're every flipping* there, empty seats, empty seats.

That was very amusing at the time

1,600 sold according to the Bristol Sport website. Really appalling effort. What is wrong with our fans? Every man and his dog can't wait to embark upon the sterile Reading every year where we consistently get 3.5k+, yet for the first away game of the season and at one of our closest games, we won't even muster up 2k without pay on the day. (Which we probably won't be given based on the last 2 years at Birmingham).

5 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

1,600 sold according to the Bristol Sport website. Really appalling effort. What is wrong with our fans? Every man and his dog can't wait to embark upon the sterile Reading every year where we consistently get 3.5k+, yet for the first away game of the season and at one of our closest games, we won't even muster up 2k without pay on the day. (Which we probably won't be given based on the last 2 years at Birmingham).

It's the holiday period so people have other commitments perhaps? 

That doesn't wash with me. We only had 1,700 there last year compared to the 3,500 at Reading, both games were "outside the holiday season."

Let's say 2,500 of our normal home fans are on holiday as mentioned. That would translate to an additional 200 max on our away attendance based on our home to away %. Still awful.

1 minute ago, Tammys Scan said:

WMP are c***s. Literally not worth it for a bloke under 50.

Edit: Saying that, didn't they batter a 60+ year old bloke with his daughter? Animals.

Why did we have 5,300 at West Brom then? Villa was also quickly sold out last season and will again this season. And we take more to Walsall than we do Birmingham...

1 minute ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Why did we have 5,300 at West Brom then? Villa was also quickly sold out last season and will again this season. And we take more to Walsall than we do Birmingham...

Prem/£10 tickets, ex Prem/first game in forever,  none of these are known for being trouble. They're savages when we play Brum.

16 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I can't afford to pay £25 quid for a match ticket, £55 quid for an off peak return and £50 quid for food and beer, I have a family to provide for,

I'm sorry if that doesn't meet your criteria of loyal supporter some of us have bigger priorities then going to every away game these days,

Perhaps if football and the government made travel and following teams cheaper then we would get more travelling 

Another consideration is that we have 3 home league games in august (4 with last nights cup game) and people with families and other commitments can't afford to chuck in away games as well in the same month. I would like to have gone to brum but with all the home games (season ticket holder) I can't justify having every weekend out in one month watching football unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

WMP have had big issues with our fans at Walsall in the not too distant past. Seemingly didn't put people off.

Okay well I don't know then, they're the reasons that I + people I know personally aren't going to it anyway.

Perhaps if you got the city fan base details from BS, you could post a letter to everyone and receive feedback?

If you do, then please share the results.

I'm not going because I have better things to do. Simple as.

If you're from Leeds, you're always gonna have big away numbers. Seen the mongs who follow that club?

54 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I am going but I am not too surprised at the numbers. Birmingham may be close (although not as close as Reading) but it is also one of the least pleasurable away trips of the season. Like Leeds, it is really not a nice ground to visit and is sat in a rather unpleasant area a route march away from Birmingham New Street station. 

44 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Another consideration is that we have 3 home league games in august (4 with last nights cup game) and people with families and other commitments can't afford to chuck in away games as well in the same month. I would like to have gone to brum but with all the home games (season ticket holder) I can't justify having every weekend out in one month watching football unfortunately.

Likewise, id have loved to be there!

2 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

That doesn't wash with me. We only had 1,700 there last year compared to the 3,500 at Reading, both games were "outside the holiday season."

Let's say 2,500 of our normal home fans are on holiday as mentioned. That would translate to an additional 200 max on our away attendance based on our home to away %. Still awful.

So if we took 1,700 outside the holiday season, then how is taking (probably) more than that in the middle of August "appalling"..?

I can't go because I've got a family trip to Devon to go on. If I didn't, I'd be going to Brum. 

I agree with about the love in for a trip to Reading though. If we take 3k+ there, then no idea why Birmingham is failing to attract a similar number. 

Have you worked it out yet, "what is wrong with our fans" as you put it? Why more people prefer the "sterile" surroundings of Reading, to the not-sterile surroundings of the likes of Birmingham.

To me, it is abundantly clear.

Big turnouts to places like: Fulham, Reading, Milton Keynes, Coventry.

Small(er) turnouts to places like: Birmingham, Cardiff, Wolves, Millwall.

What does this tell you?

Turnout at St. Andrews might be a little underwhelming but it'll be nothing as compared to the vast numbers of empty seats in the home sections. Their fans have vanished into thin air since they dropped out of the Prem.

£24 to stand on that poxy terrace at Griffin Park though - robbing sods!

8 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Have you worked it out yet, "what is wrong with our fans" as you put it? Why more people prefer the "sterile" surroundings of Reading, to the not-sterile surroundings of the likes of Birmingham.

What does this tell you?

I think people flock to Reading because it's easy to get to basically. 

We usually travel pretty well to Birmingham and Wolves (which i'm particularly surprised at as we always lose there and the view was usually poor). We haven't played Millwall regularly that recently really so difficult to say. Cardiff we would travel and sell out were it not for the restrictions, Sky and kickoff times.

As a rule, we generally travel very well to London (Fulham, Charlton etc). Also well to satellite towns around London and places to the south (Watford, Reading, Southampton, Bournemouth).

Fairly well to Birmingham/Midlands sides too.

It's further north where our support starts to drop off which is down to travel time.

Considering our geography we take good numbers generally. 

20 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

What does this tell you?

I know mate. It even applies to Ashton Gate. In 2008 when top of the league and chasing promotion we'd sometimes have gates of 15k. A few new stands, a lot more sterility and were consistently up around 20k regardless of how badly we're doing or who we're playing. Amazing what does and doesn't attract people to a game of football.

Archived